Blade Runner 2049Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 99 comments
Something about the last 20 minutes felt more condensed than it could have been.

The lack of Niander after Deckards "death" was unexpected but ultimately helped to keep the focus on the characters that mattered there and then. The beginning of the climax also felt abrupt by 2049's standards.

One thing this movie did so damn well at was keep me engrossed when it slowed to what would have otherwise been a painful crawl. Even when you knew what a scene was leading up to and the near-constant unease created by the droning soundtrack, you can just sit back and revel in the building tension.

Decent performances by Gosling and Ford (when I could understand what he was saying with the frog in his throat). Maybe not quite as good as some of the supporting cast members but they did what was needed of them without any glaring missteps.

I'd really like to see some of the behind-the-scenes work on the home release. Rachael's clone didn't require much in the way of facial movements but damn did she look real for a CGI creation.

I agree Rachael's Clone looked fantastic. The eye movement etc. looked brill.

I also agree they could have wrapped up Niander, possibly showing another LUV being born

I'd really like to see some of the behind-the-scenes work on the home release. Rachael's clone didn't require much in the way of facial movements but damn did she look real for a CGI creation.
Agreed. I was blown away. I thought Lucasfilm was great when they did Tarkin, but Rachel was on a whole new level.

Seen it twice already and in totally in love with it.

Simply incredible, matches the OG in my opinion.

IMG_20171225_181043.jpg

Got this incredible gift today. The sheer artistic vision of this movie is breathtaking.

Watched it last night. So glad it was a continuation and not a remake. Though, I did call one of the characters "Daryl Hannah", by mistake, at one point.
When me and my wife had time to think and a bit of discussion(especially after bingeing the 4 seasons of Black Mirror), what a trip of a story.

Back