Blancpain GT Silverstone 3 Hours Decided by Just 0.3 Seconds

It was a great, great race specially the period Caldarelli/Meadows.
Intense fighting, intense racing for 3 hours. Top GT3.
Too bad commentators didn't noticed the tremendous job done by my fellow Portuguese Alvaro Parente that grabbed his 650s in 22nd position and gave it back one hour later in 7th.

Haven't had a chance to watch this. Thanks for the heads up that the finish is really close....*sigh*

Man you guys are good at this game.

Haven't had a chance to watch this. Thanks for the heads up that the finish is really close....*sigh*

Man you guys are good at this game.
I feel you, that's why I tried to say the less possible in my post but once again... you know that GTPlanet reports the main racing events happening in Europe and North America so, if you haven't seen the race yet, enter the site on your tippy toes.
At @Famine I suggest that you put a pre title on this posts like:

Blancpain at Silverstone SPOILER ALERT

And then, type your text because after such a header, only fools would keep reading :lol:

At @Famine I suggest that you put a pre title on this posts like:

Blancpain at Silverstone SPOILER ALERT

And then, type your text because after such a header, only fools would keep reading :lol:
There are no spoilers in the title. It does not say who finishes where, who the close finish was between or pass any information about positions, retirements, points, championship points or in fact any other detail.

I'm not entirely sure how anyone could claim that we've spoiled their enjoyment of the race in any way by saying it was a close finish.

Same way you can ruin the enjoyment of a race by saying it was not a close finish...not hard to imagine...for some I guess :rolleyes:

I purposely avoid the main page of GTP now to avoid spoilers. I purposely avoid threads of series in which I am behind, to avoid spoilers. Now I have to avoid the motorsport section in general....love the direction the site is going in 👍

Same way you can ruin the enjoyment of a race by saying it was not a close finish...not hard to imagine...for some I guess :rolleyes:

I purposely avoid the main page of GTP now to avoid spoilers. I purposely avoid threads of series in which I am behind, to avoid spoilers. Now I have to avoid the motorsport section in general....love the direction the site is going in 👍

So you weren't being facetious? You're throwing a fit because a title highlights that the final decision was a close race? I'll be perfectly honest with you, not only do I find that to be entirely silly in and of itself but how much more vague could the title possibly be?

Stopped watching after 20 minutes when it became clear that the race was going to be decided by stewards living out their power trip fantasies again, rather than out on track. I can't believe it, they've gotten even WORSE since Monza and I'm going to go as far as to say that the Blancpain is the most poorly run major racing series in the world right now.

There was a car race in Northamptonshire on the day after Saturday. Things happened. Or maybe they didn't. Some cars went round the track faster than other cars round the same track. Many, many drivers drove those cars. A flag was waved at the end and the drivers were told who had won, secretly, behind closed doors.

There was a car race in Northamptonshire on the day after Saturday. Things happened. Or maybe they didn't. Some cars went round the track faster than other cars round the same track. Many, many drivers drove those cars. A flag was waved at the end and the drivers were told who had won, secretly, behind closed doors.
WHOA SPOILER ALERT

Literally all the title tells you is the final gap. That's about as much of a spoiler as "people race cars, one person emerges victorious".

It's as if people go out of their way not to avoid spoilers, but just to get offended about perceived ones.

I stopped subsribing to this website because of the attitude of the staff, now in just done. Until this staff gets a major overhaul, I'm out.

Spoiler incoming:

main-qimg-65bae4c048e0d63412cdcfea4e42d47b-c

Not happening any time soon.
See you actually get enjoyment out of pissing people off, main reason you're terrible at yor job. Like a bad cop.

The title of this thread doesn't have a positive effect on anyone...period...but it does have a negative effect on those who wished to watch the race not knowing how the final laps played out.

You going to make a Le Mans thread with a title claiming the race was decided on the final lap? You don't think that might spoil the race for a few people? Or is that too difficult to understand?

And any other joker giving me a hard time for my opinion on this issue is just being an ass for the sake of it. Requesting a more generic thread title like "BlancPain Brandshatch, result inside!" is not asking a lot...but I guess it is smdh.

Oh, I thought you'd gone.
See you actually get enjoyment out of pissing people off
Only a certain kind of person.
main reason you're terrible at yor job. Like a bad cop.
And yet with direct oversight from the only person whose opinion actually matters on the topic, I've been doing it for about a decade. Oh well.
The title of this thread doesn't have a positive effect on anyone...period...
Other than making people who haven't seen the race click on it because it sounds interesting.
but it does have a negative effect on those who wished to watch the race not knowing how the final laps played out.
Other than knowing they were close, that headline gives no information whatsoever about how they played out.
You going to make a Le Mans thread with a title claiming the race was decided on the final lap?
GTP
2016 Le Mans 24 Hours: Toyota Last-Minutes Failure Hands Victory To Porsche; Ford GT Celebrates Historic Win
I don't think we'd quite format it that way this year, with the forum plugin, but yes, sure, if it was decided on the last lap we'd make a point of getting that into the title. No question about it.
You don't think that might spoil the race for a few people? Or is that too difficult to understand?
If you're the kind of person who only thinks the result matters, I'm sure you'd be bothered by knowing you only have to watch the last lap if the last lap decided it. But then if you're that sort of person you wouldn't bother with the previous three (or 24) hours anyway.

This race had more interesting things going on throughout it, and how it ended up at 0.344s in the end (and only 3s back to 3rd) is at least as interesting as the fact that it did. Spoiler alert.

And any other joker giving me a hard time for my opinion on this issue is just being an ass for the sake of it.
Yeah, I think the ass-ship sailed with the theatrical *sigh*, :rolleyes: and abuse of the staff in place of politeness and reason.
Requesting a more generic thread title like "BlancPain Brandshatch, result inside!" is not asking a lot...but I guess it is smdh.
Yes, it is.

Our news titles are being formatted to be as engaging as possible, with as little specific information as is possible, for consumption both on this site and on social media. We had a couple of early hiccups, as we weren't used to the behaviour of the forum plug-in, but how it is now is how it is going to be.

You don't have to like it and your objection has been noted, by everyone on the editorial team.

So. About that race then.

It's a good idea for people to go offline nowadays if they don't to get spoiled on whatever program they going watch later.

Most of anything is a touch or click way on the web.

This freaking cronic complaining issue people have this days is so damn annoying.
If a person loves to watch a damn good race and all the awesome battles that happened during the event, Famine's post won't spoil it one tiny bit.
Twitcher, go on YouTube, sit back and watch the race. It's very worth it, you'll love it.

Stopped watching after 20 minutes when it became clear that the race was going to be decided by stewards living out their power trip fantasies again, rather than out on track. I can't believe it, they've gotten even WORSE since Monza and I'm going to go as far as to say that the Blancpain is the most poorly run major racing series in the world right now.
I read your post twice to try my hardest to understand what you mean... but I can't!
The Stewards waved the yellow flags, full yellow course and deployed the safety car only when someone crashed!
Then there was some penalties for unsafe pit exit (in the rules), avoidable contact causing an accident (in the rules) and passing under yellow flag (also included in the rules).
Was there something else I'm not aware of?
Plus, the first 3 cars exchange positions a couple of times and "the green one beat the gray" by a hair. How the heck stewards did that?

I read your post twice to try my hardest to understand what you mean... but I can't!
The Stewards waved the yellow flags, full yellow course and deployed the safety car only when someone crashed!
Then there was some penalties for unsafe pit exit (in the rules), avoidable contact causing an accident (in the rules) and passing under yellow flag (also included in the rules).
Plus, the first 3 cars exchange positions a couple of times and "the green one beat the gray" by a hair. How the heck stewards did that?

Sorry for the length, but...

I'll give you the penalties for unsafe release and passing under yellow, those are pretty standard issues. But the number of penalties handed out for contact was a little ridiculous. The number I've seen is 17 penalties issued during this race, 12 for contact. That's a bit much. Racing isn't all clean, contact happens.
There's now a news story out saying that the SRO are going to be even tougher on contact. I also caught a bit in the broadcaster where they mentioned that teams cannot appeal penalties. (I'm guessing this was a reaction to the Bentley ignoring the race officials in Monza as the team tried to work it out.) Personally, I already don't like how micro - managed the series is, a few examples being maximum driver stint times and minimum pit stop times (I think it removes strategy from the race, and this is an endurance series, after all), and now this is happening. How long until a driver gets a 3.5 minute stop and hold because the exhaust gasses blowing on the car behind them is too hot?

I understand that contact rules shouldn't be 'free rein.' That won't end well for anyone. I feel this leaves a lot of unanswered questions in terms of what the SRO will find acceptable and what isn't. I think if that many penalties have to be handed out, something else may need to be looked at. Are driving standards really getting worse, or is the SRO becoming a little too power - happy? Are we at the point where we've reached too many cars on track? Is the talent gap (for lack of a better phrase) between pro and gentleman drivers becoming too great? If so, is it time to consider separate pro and amateur cups? All or none of the above...?

I've been following Blancpain Endurance since near it's inception. I like the series, and the actual on track racing was good to watch. But this situation brought the whole race down for me, and I don't see it getting better as the season goes on.

(ending rant before I start talking about track limits...)

Last edited:
Yes. The #88, one of the prime contenders for victory, was taken out of contention with a one minute stop-go for this (claimed to be a false start);

As you can clearly see Serralles did not even do anything wrong.

Also, overtaking under yellows is usually an honest mistake that should result in a call to give the position back, not a drive through on the first offence. And causing a collision isn't a five minute stop-go under any circumstances, even if it is clearly the punished drivers fault.

Last edited:
So you weren't being facetious? You're throwing a fit because a title highlights that the final decision was a close race? I'll be perfectly honest with you, not only do I find that to be entirely silly in and of itself but how much more vague could the title possibly be?

"Race Held, Cars May Have Finished. Don't Read." :D

Back