Blitz Dunlop ER34/Suzuka 750PP

• Thread starter uunottaja
  • 36 comments
I doubt it came close to anythinglike say an Amuse S2K or something though. Don't get me wrong it can be tamed easily, but if you want to be competitive, wrong choice. Alot of people who don't know much to do with drifting assume the car is a race car because of the paintjob and so on. Thats what my comment was about.

O I agree it would be very very hard to win a race with it, but mid pack finishes shouldnt be out of the question. Sad though it really dose handle well, I think it just needs bigger tiers in the back :)

I been tuning the car for a few days off and on and I really really like driving it. It handles very well and is stupid fast down the striates. It has good brakes and a good attitude under braking the only problem I have with it is getting it to drive off the corners with out a lot of wheel spin. even with the low exit speeds I can hit 180 with out a draft down the front striate and coming through 200R it will just top 160. With a draft Ive seen 200 down the front stretch! (yeah I went in the gravel :(.... )

Ok finally got the Blitz where I want it and I'm ready for you guys to give it a go. First a few notes about the car and how it handles. Remeber this is not a S2K it handles well as to say its ballanced but it will not corner as hard. From my exp online it will however if drove properly corner with or better than some of the other cars like the ZO6 and the viper. Some compromizes where made to make the car hook up, once its up to speed if you push it to hard it will understeer. The brake ballance is good but again if pushed byeond its limit in most cases it will under steer under braking. Untill in 4th gear take grate care in how you apply the throttle. If youre smooth with youre steering in-puts you can go WOT in 3rd while taking a slight bend, such as the final turn in suzuka but be carefull and smooth. It also seams that this car generates a lot of natural downforce aside from what you can adjust. If you get behind some one it really really takes off. So be mindfull of that if you catch a draft, adjust youre braking points as you will be carring a lot more speed in to the following corner, more so I feel than other carss in this PP class. Whoo all that said time for the settings.

Power +20
Weight 97%
tires R3/R3
Aero 20/35
Ride height -10/0
Spring 7/5
Damper 3/2
Toe -.25/ +.50
Camber -2.5/-1.0
Brake ballance 4/6
Turn angle 42 deg
TC off
ASM off
ABS 2

1st 3.112
2nd 2.024
3rd 1.564
4th 1.244
5th 1.020
6th .880

final 3.457

Well have fun with It I love driving it. Its a challange and a very white knuckle exp to run fast at the front of the pack. Its not the fastest TT car but its a good race car. laterz ZOD

I'll post up mine in a sec, i decided to give the car a go at tuning myself. Running on Suzuka though you'd probably go faster with 85% weight and as much power as you can get with it in the class. Had mine down in the 2:02s.

Yeah but its so fun blowing the doors off people down the straites :) I bet I blew by ths evo once going at least 30MPH faster than he was.

hI ZOD!! Well I finally got a chance to drive the BLITZ. At first I just didn't get it and as the name implies, this car is just lightning. I had to come back here and carefully read your tips and tricks on taming this beast. Once I got the hang of it, I was doing consistent laps of 2.08, I know its slow but I was being real careful not to oversteer (too much) round the bends. I'm sure with a bit more practice I can catch up to you guys.:sly: There's a little bit of oversteer regardless but if your angle is right, you can just let it go where it wants and it'll correct itself.:):) this car is perfect for slip streaming. As advertised, you get a boost when your behind another car - perfect for blowing doors out of the competition.

Thanks for sharing your setup!! I give this a 9 / 10

Yeah its definatly not a easy car to drive. I think its the feeling I get when running it hard that I like so much. When pushing really hard almost the whole lap at suzkuza is right on the edge, and you get that whoo ahhh whaaaooo eeeeee aaaaaaaa whaaaaoooooo thing the whole time. I have a blast driving it so I dont care that its a bit slow or if I win most, times im mid pack but I have scored a few wins with it. glad you like it keep running it once youre comfortalbe with it its a blast to drive.

Yeah its definatly not a easy car to drive. I think its the feeling I get when running it hard that I like so much. When pushing really hard almost the whole lap at suzkuza is right on the edge, and you get that whoo ahhh whaaaooo eeeeee aaaaaaaa whaaaaoooooo thing the whole time. I have a blast driving it so I dont care that its a bit slow or if I win most, times im mid pack but I have scored a few wins with it. glad you like it keep running it once youre comfortalbe with it its a blast to drive.

Yea it makes an awesome sound, nothing else like it :)

I do like the sound of the car but I was refering more to the sounds I'm making while trying not to spin out :)

Nothing amazes me more than seeing a rare car weaving through the hack cars to finish gold. So as promised, I've been practicing (and practicing, and practicing) in this car and I finally got my time down to 2'06ish. So I thought, hmm maybe that's good enough for online battle. So I entered a race and just my luck, the grid was filled with Amuse's, Zo6's and some GT LMs. Needless to say, I was pushed, rammed, and punted 4 or 5 times and I ended finishing 5 of 12 (I was #12 a couple of times:):):)).
One thing I realized about this car is that I just have to drive it calmly whatever happens, and just set all emotions aside. One instance when i was bent on revenge on this guy after punting me twice, I fixated more on the car I'm going after thus following his racing lines, brake points, and ending back in the sand again. Only when I calmed myself down ,targeted back on the apex and looking through them that I started gaining back positions. i'll probably get away with driving a car all pissed off on an Amuse and still snag podium, but not on this one. Smooth throttle responses is the only one accepted ( or in my case smooth tap tap tapping ) around the corners and reserve the white-nailed thumb mash down on the straights. I'm almost there, I just need to take a couple more Prozacs:nervous::nervous::nervous:

PS: Hey Zod, are you on NTSC or PAL? I sure would like to see (and learn) how you drive this car. Hopefully when the update comes they'll leave the 750 alone. I really want to make this car work for me.

I think Im NTSC? iowa USA? Ive reaced CWR before and I think hes NTSC? feel free to add me my PSN ID is zodicus. If we are the same region that will make it easyer to time a race.

O hey and try dropping the weight all the way and bring the power down to +9 i tryied it per drag's recomendation and this set up likes it. I've tryied it before and it never helpped but this set up likes it. /bow to dragonistic for that little tiparu.

ok been playing with the gears a bit and tryed a gear set from a previous set up. it was set up to take advantage of the awsome low end TQ of the blitz and its crazy high RPM HP. I havent been able to beat my best lap yet( i keep screwing up lol), but when im going down the front strech and look out my side window I'm pulling away from my ghost so I know it accle's better this way.

set power back to +20 and weight to 97%

1st. 2.760
2nd. 1.780
3rd. 1.321
4th. 1.125
5th. .980
6th. .880

Final 3.458

Yo, I tried your settings and they work great. It is still a handfull to drive but it is definatly an improvement ;)

Thanks andy glad you like it.

Intersting thing happened and im not sure why? with the new ( well actually old) gear set i looked at what happend to the power and TQ curves when I dropped it back to 85% and +9 and the hp peak is basically at the same RPM and the TQ fllows about the same curve as well it just dropps off a little bit in the upper RPM. so I figured this should be a good thing right, the gears will still put it in its power band but now there will be a little bit less TQ so wheel spin should be easyer to controll. However when i did drop the weight and power it spun more?

O and I was following a GT LM in a race today, I was about a sec behind him in 2nd place and turned a 2'01.593, now im pretty sure I was not getting a draft from him but IDK if i was getting a "boost" or not as there was one other car on the track about 5-10 sec back or so?

Yea, you would've had a pretty good boost from that race because it had few cars. Someone ran about 1:58 behind me in a 1on1 with boost.

Yeah the car felt like it was getting help from the powers that be, I bet the GT was freaking out with a blitz of all things slowly catching up :D

Well Zod, it was nice seeing you at Suzuka for a fraction of a sec till we got cut off and it was just disconnects after disconnects after that:banghead::banghead:. I sent you a couple of msgs in PS3 and I think I figured out why I suck so much with this car. It's probably bec. I've been driving it in auto all this time. I just started learning manual and I can already see improvements all over the track where I used to oversteer or just spin in place. I'm gonna input your updated settings now. thanks again for working on this car, I maybe the slowest thing out there for now but i'm just hooked on the Blitz:):):)

I run auto all the time meyslef, although I can see where it could help qite a bit like startting in second for exsample. I've just never thought it was fair to ask that some one with a controller shift, there is already soooo much"feel" you dont have. Then to ask the driver to remember what gear he is in as theres no H-pattern there to tell you and shift Ive got enuf to do while driving this thing I cant be bothered with shifting :)

O hey and dont worrie about being slow with it I run a lot of laps that are a lot slower then that TT time, be consistant and try not to go off, be smart in traffic slowing down a bit is much prefered to a trip in the gravle. I look forward to see you out on the track I'll be headded to 750 suzuka here in a few min. Free run is good for testing settings and getting warmed up but I'd practice in online races if you cant run well in traffic then you cant win a race, Id also much rather race with some one thats slow and knows how to race than someone whos fast and can only TT.

Back