BloodbornePS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 116 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Bloodborne-2.png

Bloodborne is a game by FromSoftware, published by Sony Computer Entertainment.
The game will come out only on the PS4 in early 2015.
Previous title was "Project Beast" but after it's official reveal at E3 2014 the game's name has been revealed as "Bloodborne".
It's a faster paced Dark Souls/Demon's Souls game with a lot new elements to the game.

Last edited:
11 things you need to know about Bloodborne

A brand new game, currently being developed by FromSoftware, was announced along with an exciting new trailer during the Sony stage show at E3. We jumped at the chance to sit down with the game’s director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and try to glean as much information as we could about this dark new title. Here are 11 things you need to know.

1. This is not a sequel

FromSoftware are perhaps most famous for creating Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II. Miyazaki himself was even the director of both Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls, but he explained, “Players that have experienced the other games I have directed are going to see some familiarities, but this is not a sequel…you’re going to find something new in Bloodborne…your gameplay experience is going to be more intense…it will be heightened.”

2. Explore the unknown

Set in the fictional, sprawling city of Yharnham, the 19th century setting is dark and foreboding. FromSoftware are keeping the details of the story of Bloodborne under wraps, but Miyazaki did tell us, “One of the most important aspects we are focusing on whilst we make Bloodborne is the exploration of the unknown” – players will have a massive area of the city of Yharnham, and you’ll be encouraged to explore it to unravel “a universe laden with mystery.”

3. Something beastly this way comes

As you journey along the dingy alleyways, strange cloaked figures and deformed figures will lurch out of the darkness to attack you at almost every turn. On top of that, “there are moments, like the ominous banging of these gates in the city, where we’re telling you that some huge beast if coming.”

4. There’s something deeply wrong in Yharnham

On top of the bleak colour palette and shadows of the city, something else is amiss, “the city has been stricken by a plague, and those afflicted transform into hideous beasts” – what’s more, “the citizens around are unaware that they too are afflicted.”

5. Fight for your life

Miyazaki is known for creating games with an enjoyably challenging difficulty level, and Bloodborne will be no different, “You’re going to constantly feel terror because when you face each enemy, you will also face death. Every fight could be your last.”

6. A weapon in each hand

Bloodborne isn’t going to send you out to face the hordes unaided – players will arm themselves with a satisfyingly powerful shotgun in their left hand, as well as a scythe-like weapon in their right.

7. Passive aggressive

Whilst wading right into a crowd of enemies is clearly a strategy that will quickly have you in a body bag, trying to stay out of the fight isn’t necessarily going to work, “You’re going to have to face up to enemies quickly or else become overwhelmed.”

8. Your weapons transform as you use them

Miyazaki showed off a melee weapon that was part scythe, part saw. What was most interesting about it is that players can employ different techniques to cause the weapon to transform as you are fighting. This will be one of the key ways in which players will need to adapt their techniques to tackle bosses, and customise their characters to suit their style, “with each transformation of your weapon comes a different play style.”

9. Shifting enemies

During the level we were shown, the citizens of Yharnham were hunting the beasts that are plaguing the city. During one section, they crowded around a makeshift pyre to set alight a slain monster, allowing us to creep around the outskirts unnoticed. However this didn’t last long – soon a bell sounded from deep within the city and the rabble recommenced their hunt. Miyazaki said, “The game is going to challenge you as the environment changes and enemies move around the level in unexpected ways.”

10. Helpful fellow

As you fight through Yharnham, you’ll occasionally meet other hunters in trouble, and you can choose whether to help or not, “You have that option, if you’re compassionate… And those characters might even come back later to lend a hand and help even the odds.”

11. Up close and personal

For anyone hoping to keep enemies at (more than) arm’s length, hurting enemies whilst staying well out of their reach in order to stay alive, Bloodborne might already be one step ahead of you. Miyazaki confirmed “close range combat is going to be the focus of the game”, but also hinted at some of the tricks you’ll have up your sleeve…

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/12/11-things-need-know-bloodborne-ps4/

Last edited:
A release date of 2-5-2015 was announced. No word if the release date is only for the JP market or perhaps a worldwide release.

Last edited:
I must be one of the few people disappointed so far.... The enemies and combat seem to be a copy&paste from the previous game. The hammer even has alot of the old animations. The characters move the same, the enemies have similar damage taking animations, the sword has the same hack'n'slash style (it'd be awesome if swords could actually get stuck in enemies ala demons souls OP).

I could go into detail about what I don't like from the combat but instead i'll say that the town looks good at least. Just not very unique to me anymore. Hopefully they really go into the western mythology for enemies and give us (me :sly:) a vampire ruled castle/kingdom

Played the alpha and not being impressed. Atmosphere is nice but the gameplay pretty dull... alot of copy&past from dark souls as previously said even sound the effects. AI isnt really smart either and I dont like that you cant block. Rolling away isn't the best solution. Was hoping for something else.

Watched the alpha again. I really think that Kirkhammer + Blunderbuss set-up is going to be my preferred meat and potatoes gameplay choice.

Last edited:
1 more sleep until I pick up my Nightmare edition. I'm so hyped, I think this game will take up all of my time on the Easter weekend.

So this game got incredible reviews probably the best game of the generation so far, still not sure if I want it, never played a souls game before.

So this game got incredible reviews probably the best game of the generation so far, still not sure if I want it, never played a souls game before.
On my experience with Dark Souls games, it really will be down to your taste. It isn't the same 93 on metacritic as something like TLOU since this is definitely a 'gamer's game'. It doesn't get much primitive than DS combat but that's where the pull is.

It's the same situation with the ever popular and well received Monster Hunter. Either games could end up being a 6/10 to you if it isn't your type of game.

Unfortunately, I fit that bill. I really want to give Bloodbourne a shot since it looks like objectively the best PS4 game so far(I will refrain from saying the best this generation, I've played quite a lot of good games on PS4, XBOne and Wii U this gen) but I think I will hold out.

I'm happy that Yoshida and co can finally get that stigma of not having a great PS4 exclusive(critically) on the console. Onward and upward. :D

Pre-loaded the game and was able to play a good 30-35 mins at midnight after obesessing over my charecter creation.. As soon as you start the game you feel like its a continuation of the soul's games.

Very dark and gritty atmosphere, the lighting reflects the mood of the game wonderfully. The creatures and enemies are very detailed and they sound mean, and creepy. The whole atmosphere is designed to give you that chill in the small of your back, I can only compare it to the first time I played Resident Evil.

Comabt is swift and brutal but be forewarned. This is a Soul's game. You are not Kratos, the enemies will destroy you easily, so pick your battles.

I can see the next month consumed with the Bloodborne.

Back