BloodbornePS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 116 comments
On my experience with Dark Souls games, it really will be down to your taste. It isn't the same 93 on metacritic as something like TLOU since this is definitely a 'gamer's game'. It doesn't get much primitive than DS combat but that's where the pull is.

It's the same situation with the ever popular and well received Monster Hunter. Either games could end up being a 6/10 to you if it isn't your type of game.

Unfortunately, I fit that bill. I really want to give Bloodbourne a shot since it looks like objectively the best PS4 game so far(I will refrain from saying the best this generation, I've played quite a lot of good games on PS4, XBOne and Wii U this gen) but I think I will hold out.

I'm happy that Yoshida and co can finally get that stigma of not having a great PS4 exclusive(critically) on the console. Onward and upward. :D

Yeah I'm on the same boat, I feel I'll just leave it after dying again and again. Still need to finish DAI too.

What can you tell us about the frame rate? I liked Demon's Souls a lot, and though Dark Souls was okay too, but I'm a bit worried about the frame rate.

The frame rate is good. There are issues with the frame pacing, but they're working on a patch for that. Demon's souls and dark souls are my two favourite games of all time. After a few hours, Bloodborne is looking certain to join them.

If you liked demon's or dark, jump in. I'm blown away by the game world, the level of detail and the artwork. The enemies and boss design is utterly superb. Miyazaki and co have done it again.

Bought it today. OMG, that main menu music is haunting. I love it.

Edit: After having played it for 4 hours, I must confess my absolute love for the game. The atmosphere is perfect, as is the combat and sound mix. The game also feels infinitely more intuitive compared to Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Item management, and figuring out what weapons are effective for dealing with specific situations is far easier now.

Last edited:
From all I've seen and read so far, this game seems absolutely fabulous.

Sadly for me, I lack the funds to get it, and I will for at least a few months. :(

Father :censored:face is a cheap ass 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬.

🤬!

I may have gotten a little carried away there...

Father :censored:face is a cheap ass 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬.

🤬!

I may have gotten a little carried away there...

Yep he’s a bastard. Although you can help yourself a bit if you get the Tiny Music Box when you talk to the little girl. She is located right next to the shortcut door on the fountain square. When he transforms into a beast play the music box and it will stagger him for a bit. You have only one chance, so do as much damage as possible. It was enough for me to leave him with three silver bullets worth of health.

Love the game and especially the level/world design and how everything connects. Took me quite a while to get used to the new combat mechanics and flow, but I think I’m getting better now.

I also would not recommend going for the visceral attack on the later stage of the fight. hould you fail to stun him, you'll most likely die from his continues attacks. So dodging, and getting behind him to do some damage, is the name of the game.

Last edited:
Forget anything positive I've said about this game. Starting to really hate it. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Snatchers are officially my most hated enemy type so far.

So I’m wondering what to do with my stats. I’m level 31 now and have put 20 in vitality and 16 in endurance – that should be fine as those I will need anyway. What I wonder is that in the beginning I decided I will go for strength and now have put 20 points in it. Now I’m finding strength based weapons a bit too slow and I wonder, is it too late to switch to skill based. I can level up only on skill from now on, so in the long run that 20 strength I got should be useful or have I spent too much on it already. What do you guys think?

So I’m wondering what to do with my stats. I’m level 31 now and have put 20 in vitality and 16 in endurance – that should be fine as those I will need anyway. What I wonder is that in the beginning I decided I will go for strength and now have put 20 points in it. Now I’m finding strength based weapons a bit too slow and I wonder, is it too late to switch to skill based. I can level up only on skill from now on, so in the long run that 20 strength I got should be useful or have I spent too much on it already. What do you guys think?

As far as I know, strength doesn't just determine what weapons you can wield, but also the amount of physical damage you'll do with melee weapons. In other words, the higher the strenght skill, the better. It helps a lot when dealing with enemies that can tank a lot of damage.

I've focused a lot on the firearms skill, as I really find them interesting to use. Can't say it has really paid off yet, but I can do quite good damage to your average grunt. My biggest problem seems to be vitality, as I'm finding a lot of new enemies can one hit me, or close to it.

Yes it will boost your damage, but you still get more stat based damage depending on the weapon type. Anyways, even for strength based weapons you will need 13-14 skill just to equip them so putting some points there will not be a problem. I got the Ludwig’s Holy Blade and I think I’ll stick to my original strategy for a strength based character. Also have the stats to use the Rifle Spear and switch to it sometimes. I do less damage, but man that R2 attack with extended weapon is so OP.

I used the Rifle Spear for some time, but eventually replaced it with the cain/whip weapon, as I felt the gun part on the Spear was entirely useless. Also, using a whip to hunt for werewolfs and the like is too badass :D

I want the Ludwig Holy Blade as well, but 20.000 is a lot of souls, given that my starting axe is still quite good (upgraded 4 times).

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Nightmare Frontier

zsjurd.gif

I just got past Vicar Amelia last night. I was way beefed up on all of my attrbutes and the fight went on farily simply. Frankly, it's a fight where you are bound to be hit at least once by here attacks, it was however a much better fight than with the blood-starved beast. I hated that thing.

Off to the forbidden forest..

I only fought Amelia alone once. Couldn't be bothered to do that again, so I summoned help. I guess I got really lucky, ' cause I didn't just get one hunter for back-up, but instead I got two. Made the fight absurdly easy, with us forming a triangle around her, and basically pummeling her into submission. Not a very dignified way to go out :D

I wonder how the regular enemies are affected by the night getting darker? The giants seem to be sleeping at this point, until I awake them with a charged R2 attack from the Holy Blade, that is :mischievous:

Last edited:
Tips for Amelia: Dodge, dodge, dodge, then heal, heal, heal if you get hit. I found that the Extended Saw Blade along with added fire made the difference in getting her health down quick. Patience is key! If help is needed feel free to add me on PSN and we shall cleanse those foul streets :)

Latest Posts

Back