BloodbornePS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 116 comments
wow. I just lost 70.000 Blod Echo's because the game got me stuck in a tree, and then killed me.

Last edited:
****ing Marytr Logarius.

I strongly suggest being two people for him. It's not that he's difficult to fight (IMO), it's that he can tank an obscene amount of damage. If you want, I can help you take him down tomorrow?

I had two people on my latest try (about my 10th) and he had a sliver health left but I got cocky. I'm level 58, I might not be on tomorrow but if I haven't beaten him by then some help would be awesome.

Well, I'll probably be watching the 6 hours of Silverstone tomorrow, and working evening. But Monday or tomorrow before 12:00 (GMT1) I am at your service.

Yesterdays’ patch did improve loading, not only by reducing the time, but by adding random items lore for you to read while you wait. Whoever thought of that – give this man a cookie! Sorry, a BLOOD cookie!

So has anyone on here actually beaten the game yet? I've played for almost 62 hours, and I'm still on my first playthrough. Currently dealing with the 2nd boss of the optional area of the Upper Cathedral. Super scary place btw.

I'm on my second play through with my second char. Took me about 80h the first time, but at my second, I'm at the final area in less than 20h and about 30 levels lower. Love the game and still have NG+ and the dungeons to go through.
And yeah - I hate that Upper Cathedral Ward so much, I think I will skip it with my second char. Those Brain Suckers are my most hated enemy!

I rather like the Upper Cathedral Ward, although the 2nd boss is super annoying.... The Brain Suckers are annoying when they crab you, but I find that I can keep them from doing that with ranged attacks just fine.

Well their move set is quite annoying – when they grab you and suck no less than two insight, you fall down on the ground and in most cases they can grab you again when you get up, with no chase to escape. And then there is that magic they do, that holds you in place if you try and run, that’s doubly annoying in those long dark corridors without any cover. Hate them!

Having a hard time ay? Basically every area has one, or in rare cases two lamps before the boss, and another one that opens where you kill him. The main idea is to find the shortcuts that will lead you to the boss without the need to kill anything.

In the first area, progress to the fountain plaza, that’s right after the main street with all the peasants, where there is one big guy with a brick banging on a door. There you will find some wooden barrels and coffins that you can break and drop down. That’s where you will find the first shortcuts. From there you can run to the Cleric Beast directly. BTW this boss is optional, but still better kill him. Also put a few levels and get an armor set from the sewers or the shop in the dream.

I've had a total of 3 encounters with human controller Hunters. The first time, it scared be so badly, I rolled off a cliff...
Last two times, I actually won the fight. It's super intense to fight an actual person in Bloodborne, as different playstyles, weapons and items change the fights dramatically.

Anyone else have any interesting tales of their encounters with other real world players?

I'm actaully going insane. I don't know whether to scream out in frustration, or laugh like a mad man. The game is so infuriation to the point where I want to snap the disc. I just... I'm at a loss of words for just how much BS this game is at times... It's just an absurd love/hate relationship, I don't know why I continue to bother.

Rom... By far the worst boss I've ever had to fight in any video game, ever. Doing it in the main game is not too bad, as you can summon help, but in the Chalice Dungeon, you're pretty much required to do it solo.

I mean seriously, the amount of pure luck required to beat him is obscene. I've had him down to no visible health left in his health bar twice, only to die from his constant magic spam. His spider minions are annoying as hell, but wasting time trying to dispose of them, means opening yourself up to Rom's magic attacks.

🤬 I hate this Boss! Such piss poor Boss design. Your best bet is to just go directly for Rom, in other words, relying on being lucky enough for the spider minions to not hit you while doing so.

Ahh. Now I understand. Yes, he’s quite annoying. Personally I find that clearing his minions is the better tactic. Attack them from side/back because they are armored on the head/front. Also try and stay close to him, just about out of range of the sphere magic. This will reduce the amount of the spell that drops magic from the sky – his worst attack. Bolt damage will help too. GL!

I can get him to very low HP easily enough. But as soon as I do that, his attacks become too frequent for me to do any serious damage. I've been at this for more than an hour, and it's just mind bogglingly infuriating. My brain cannot comprehend how unfair this fight it. You cannot possilby expect anyone to keep track on at least 12 small spiders, plus the various magic attacks, all at the same time. To add insult to injury, the minions take off half my health with their standard attacks, and outright kill me if they jump on me. Meanwhile, Rom's attacks take everywhere from half my health, to all of it.

Ordinarily, I'd take a break when being this frustrated with a game. But doing so, means I likely won't bother picking up the game ever again, because I'd know exactly what kind of BS would await me.

I've tried dealing with the minions first, but I just can't focus on that many things at the same time. It's just not possible for me. So I'm relegated to yelling (in my head) "🤬 you!" with every swing I take, as I charge him. Such is the madness that this game has driven me to.

No point in doing so in a Chalice Dungeon. I appreciate your input, but thing is, I know just about everything about the Boss. I know all of his attacks, I know how to read his attacks, and I know how you are supposed to deal with him. However, when luck is such a massive factor, then it all seems rather moot. I can't take out his minions, because of his magic attacks, and I can't reliably move away from him when he does one of his AoE attacks, because of the minions.

Finally beat the ****er! My thanks to Drandiiski for suffering my ranting during the tough time :cheers:

I see. When I hit a wall like that I take a break from the game for a day and usually I end up beating whatever it is, in my first try on the next day. Frustration only leads to more frustration. GL!

Bloodborne's new game plus is actually rather difficult. Moreso than say Dark Souls, which, while it wasn't a cakewalk, became significantly easier after your first playthrough.

GG Jawehalk!

BTW I’m stuck at Vicar Amelia on NG+. Until I got to her it was super easy, but she is wiping the floor with my sorry ass. And the fact that I have upgraded only the Burial Blade and the Blade of Mercy and now I can’t use papers, makes the situation even worse.

You're trying to get me back into the game, aren't you? I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I do want to play through it again, primarily to get the remaining trophies, most of which involve the chalice dungeons (that I hate). But at the same time, I also want to play Infamous: Second Son, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite again. Ohh the horrors of having to make decisions.

I don't know how long It'd take me to get to Vicar Amelia, but if I do get there, and you're still stuck, I will help you out. My fully upgraded Ludwigs Blade, shall discipline her!

One thing I found very disappointing in the game, was the covenant system. It felt entirely superfluous and without meaning. All I got for delivering Blood Dregs to the Vile Blood queen was a few useless gestures.[SPOILER/]

Bloodborne expansion officially coming

blood3okuiy.png

Back