BMW Cup Race IV - Nürburgring 3x3x3 (Results Posted)

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 99 comments
  • 5,164 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDK

WRS Admin
Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,271
United States
Boise, ID
Messages
GTP_EDK
Untitled-1copy.jpg


BMW-Logo-resized-32.gif
CUP - Race IV : Nürburgring 3x3x3
​


:trouble:Time for some fun at the Green Hell :trouble:


3 SERIES x 3 CARS x 3 EVENTS

BMW M3 CSL 2003

IMG0000-1.jpg

BMW M3 GTR 2003

IMG0001-1.jpg

BMW 330i 2005

IMG0003-1.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife


wctrnurburgringnn7.gif
Thanks to AMG for the track image.​

1687DirtBoySig-ring2.jpg

​


Race Details:

* Mode: GT Mode > Free Run/Practice > World Circuits
* Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife
* Make: German > BMW
* Model: 3 Cars - M3 CSL 2003, M3 GTR 2003, 330i 2005


**Test all 3 cars, and pick the best one for you. DO NOT discuss which car you are using for your posted splits here in the thread**



Vehicle Specifics : M3 CSL


* Power: 404 bhp (in settings) 379 bhp (in replay)
* Modifications: Stock=372BHP + Oil change, Sports Chip and Racing Exhaust=404BHP , all non power upgrades, No Nitrous, No Wing
* Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R2)


Vehicle Specifics : M3 GTR


* Power: 399 bhp (in settings) 374 bhp (in replay)
* Modifications: Stock=374BHP + Oil change=399BHP , all non power upgrades, No Nitrous, No Wing
* Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R2)


Vehicle Specifics : 330i


* Power: 439 bhp (in settings) 412 bhp (in replay)
* Modifications: Stock=259BHP + Oil change and All Power Upgrades=439BHP , all non power upgrades, No Nitrous, No Wing
* Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R2)

3 EVENTS

Event 1

Short Event.

This event extends from the start line to the T3 time split.

Use the 'Save Replay' feature for this event

Event 2

Medium Event.

This event extends from the start line to the T5 time split.

Use the 'Save Replay' feature for this event

Event 3

Long Event.

This event is for one full lap around the track.

Use the 'Save Ghost Replay' feature for this event.

Rules

* Standard, Clean OLR Rules apply.
* Replay verification will be required from the top 3 times each week.
* Only .max or other data format replays will be accepted
* I reserve the right to request a replay from any racer.
* Please save your replay for at least 10 days after the race deadline.

Race Specifics

* Do not discuss which car you are using to achieve particular times here in the thread
* When posting split times, post T1 and T2 for the short event, T2 and T4 for the medium event, and T2, T6 and T9 for the long event. Do not post any times for T3 and T5.
* You may post setups in the thread, but are not required to do so.
* You may choose any or all of the 3 cars.
* You may choose to run any or all of the events.
* Event points will be weighted toward the short events. So if you do not want to run a full lap, or you can't finish a fast lap, that will be an advantage. 20 Points will go to the winner of event 1, 15 points for the winner of event 2, and 10 points for the winner of event 3.
* All Hard Surfaces are track.

Race Deadline


* Thursday, October 30th, 2008 - 7 pm PST (Pacific Standard time, GMT -7 hours)
* Please submit via PM to me (EDK). Please submit only once.
* Please submit using this method -

Event 1

Vehicle Used :
Fastest Time :

Event 2

Vehicle Used :
Fastest Time :

Event 3

Vehicle Used :
Fastest Time :

If you choose to submit additional entries, please submit below the entries above, using this method -

Additional Entries

Event : (1, 2 or 3)
Vehicle Used :
Time :


Comments

Well, now you can see, I've officially gone mad. :sly: These cars are set with very similar PTW ratios, tested here on this track and also on some shorter and easier tracks to tune power to achieve similarity of times. The car you choose will come down to your driving style and how the different cars behave. And they DO behave differently from one another.

Each racer could potentially submit up to 9 times for the different events. (Right now, that's what I plan to do). Only the fastest for each event will count in the standings, the rest will be for fun.

I think you'll find these cars to be balanced and manageable here, hopefully once you get in the groove, crashes will be limited and you can just have some fun. 👍

And there is probably more time to be gained with running laps than there is in the perfect setup, but I'm no tuner. :dopey:

Last of all, I'm sure I managed to mess SOMETHING up. Just let me know what it is and I'll correct it.

web-wehrseifen-0708.jpg
 
Last edited:
Code:
[CENTER][B][U]EVENT 1 LEADERBOARD[/U][/B]
stidriver ----- 41.438 / 1:13.964
MadMax86 ------ 42.190 / 1:14.872
2078 TM ------- 42.413 / 1:15.455
01GTP --------- 42.673 / 1:15.585
EDK ----------- 42.758 / 1:16.486
2k2 Z28 ------- 43.585 / 1:17.858
Denur --------- 43.465 / 1:17.865
Marooned ------ 44.309 / 1:19.058
raz_10 -------- 44.905 / 1:19.301
gtbadboy ------ 44.996 / 1:19.757
Bigracer ------ 45.711 / 1:22.701[/CENTER]


Code:
[CENTER][B][U]EVENT 2 LEADERBOARD[/U][/B]
stidriver ----- 1:14.217 / 2:28.642
MadMax86 ------ 1:15.297 / 2:31.610
2078TM -------- 1:15.455 / 2:31.977
01GTP --------- 1'15.585 / 2:32.055
EDK ----------- 1:16.513 / 2:32.499
Denur --------- 1:17.865 / 2:36.893
Marooned ------ 1:19.058 / 2:38.755[/CENTER]


Code:
[CENTER][B][U]EVENT 3 LEADERBOARD[/U][/B]
stidriver ----- 1:14.025 / 3:31.404 / 5:19.108
2078TM -------- 1:16.606 / 3:35.670 / 5:25.486
MadMax86 ------ 1:15.297 / 3:35.683 / 5:26.560
EDK ----------- 1:16.513 / 3:35.861 / 5:27.727
01GTP --------- 1:17.029 / 3:34.300 / 5:28.797[/CENTER]


BMWCupRace4_1.jpg



BMWCupRace4_2.jpg



BMWCupRace4_3.jpg



BMWCupRace4_tot.jpg



BMWCupSeriesFinal.jpg

Code:
[B][U]
UNOFFICIAL ENTRIES FOR ALTERNATE CARS[/U][/B]

[I]GTR Event 1[/I]
MadMax86 - 1'45.016
01GTP ----- 1:45.158
EDK ------- 1:46.448

[I]GTR Event 2[/I]
01GTP ----- 3'12.371
EDK ------- 3:12.630
MadMax86 - 3'12.835

[I]GTR Event 3[/I]
01GTP - 7'01.505
EDK --- 7:01.561

[I]330i Event 1[/I]
EDK --- 1:46.241
01GTP - 1'46.338

[I]330i Event 2[/I]
EDK --- 3:14.348
01GTP - 3'15.236

[I]330i Event 3[/I]
KLR142 - 7'03.071
EDK ---- 7:04.173
01GTP -- 7'06.332

OK - Wow, that took a long time, and to top it all off, traffic was horrible on the way home tonight. :ouch:

But it was worth it, to see such enthusiasm and a great turnout for the events. 👍

For this weeks races -

Event 1 -

stidriver takes 1st, MadMax86 takes 2nd, while 2078TM takes 3rd. Special Mention to KLR142 for an unofficial 2nd place. 👍

Event 2 -
See event 1. :dopey:

Event 3 -
stidriver takes 1st, 2078TM takes second, and MadMax 86 rounds out the podium. Special mention to DJ Baker and KLR142 for their unofficial podium spots. 👍

Race IV Totals - stidriver gets first, MadMax 86 gets second, and 2078TM gets 3rd. 👍

Now, on to the series. Congrats to stidriver, for taking first place in EVERY SINGLE event. :eek:

Congrats to 2078TM for consistent performance throughout along with podiums on the last 2 races. He takes second place.

MadMax86 managed several podiums in several events, and rounds out the podium for the series. Congrats!!

I can't say enough to thank all of you for your tremendous support of my first 2 series here on GTP. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'll be moving on from this now, to take a greater focus on my new duties as race admin. But I hope to see all of you over in the GT5:P events, and down the road. :sly:

:cheers:
Kevin
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone - Please note the deadline extension until Thursday this week. I'll be out of town on Tuesday, and I thought you would be able to use a couple extra days with this one. ;)
 
More Nurburgring :dopey:

I'll be using the .............BMW :odd:
 
This looks like way too much fun! 3 BMWs to choose from... :drool: I'll definitely be getting in a time for one of the mystery cars tomorrow. And perhaps I'll just run with stock settings (besides power and weight of course); they should work well enough.
 
WOW, Kevin this a lot of 3 series :sly: i'll try all off the events with all 3 cars :odd:

Wish Steven joins this one, he's a big fan of the CSL :)

I'll give it a try tonight....
 
By the way, the picture is nothing special, but here's my daily driver, '02 325i.

DSC00896.jpg
 
You have definitly gone mad. :dopey:

Where to find the time, OMG, there will not be time enough. :crazy:

I'm now hopping around the house feeling like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Nice wheels btw. 👍


Edit> First attempt with one of those Beamers

Event 1
T1: 44.681
T2: 1'20.307

Event 2
T2: 1'20.307
T4: 2'40.506


Edit> Second attempt with one of those Beamers

Event 1
T1: 43.465
T2: 1'17.865

Event 2
T2: 1'17.865
T4: 2'36.893
 
Last edited:
Wow, where to begin?

I shall enjoy this!
 
With one of them, which I'll call Car B (not necessarily any relation to where it is on the list), I got a run in for the first two events but then crashed stupidly at Pflanzgarten III. :banghead: Oh well. I installed all upgrades that definitely improve performance (including flywheel, brakes, WR3, etc.) but left everything else stock, because I don't know a damn thing about tuning. :dunce: On the R2 tires, the thing has crazy grip, and I'm always taking corners either much too slow or much too fast. I came up with these...

T1 - 42.038, T2 - 1'14.822, T4 - 2'30.378

I'll try cars A and C tomorrow and see if I do any better. 💡
 
think I'll just run the first event to T3, so far I'm at 41.916 at T1 with only TCS off and 1 other change, but I'll try and find a tune for just that section of the Ring.
 
think I'll just run the first event to T3, so far I'm at 41.916 at T1 with only TCS off and 1 other change, but I'll try and find a tune for just that section of the Ring.

Cool, good to have you in here, if even just for one week and my crazy event. 👍
 
First try

Event1

44.905
1.19.301
 
I updated my splits in my first post (#8). I found a few seconds by not using any aids, adjusting the gearing a bit and by using a bit more camber. (my first splits were without any changes to the settings)
 
Car B, the one I tried two days ago, is by far the fastest, at least for me, and on stock settings (except a transmission that tops out at 182 mph). Car A disappointed me (four seconds down by T4! On the first lap though) and so did car C (even further behind). So I'm definitely running the best-handling car. Of course, I'm still leaving enormous piles of time on the track, but I finished a clean lap...

T1 - 42.018, T2 - 1'14.705, T4 - 2'29.730, T6 - 3'32.340, T9 - 5'19.130
 
My car B splits. No tuning.

Events 1 & 2
t1 42.946
t2 1'16.335
t4 2'33.327

Event 3
t2 1'17.421
t6 3'39.679
t9 5'31.381

I tried car A and had to add some rear camber (+.5) to give the rear end some traction out of the corners.
That may be the same car Denur added some camber to.
It is still slower than car B though I have pulled ahead of the ghost a few times.


Kevin, I have a question about the points.

Do we submit a time for each event with each car?

Or do we submit our fastest times only once for each event, no matter which car?

I'm thinking the latter......?
 
It looks like you can do both. You can submit the fastest car for you in each event once for points, and for fun and bragging rights, run each event in any other car(s) to see if you can beat others in combos that don't count.
 
Last edited:
It looks like you can do both. You can submit the fastest car for you in each event once for points, and for fun and bragging rights, run each event in any other car(s) to see if you can beat others in combos that don't count.

Yep, that's pretty much it. 👍

Kevin, I have a question about the points.

Do we submit a time for each event with each car?

Or do we submit our fastest times only once for each event, no matter which car?

I'm thinking the latter......?

The only times that will count for points are your fastest. Those can be in one car on one lap, or in 3 different cars on 3 different laps.

But, I'd like to see additional submissions for fun. Like we did in the Supras at Trial Mountain for the 5 years of WRS.

That's the reason for the submission format I showed above, so I can easily see the fastest times from each racer for the points, and then compile the rest.

Let me know if it's still not clear.

I'll get a board up soon, tonight or in the morning.
 
Reporting in ... finding the CSL 👍 @ my least favorite of tracks :grumpy: but what a challenge ... will definately go for a decent T3 in any of these great cars :lol:

Tried to fix a decent foolsave setup in the CSL and came up with this:

springs 14-15
ride 65-75
dampers 6-7-6-8
camber 2,5-1,5
toe -1 +1
stabs 1-1 !!!
breaks 6-5
auto 10 (not tricked so far)
tcs 1
no lsd so far

Good luck to all, and thank you Kevin for all your work :bowdown:
 
Reporting in ... finding the CSL 👍 @ my least favorite of tracks :grumpy: but what a challenge ... will definately go for a decent T3 in any of these great cars :lol:

Tried to fix a decent foolsave setup in the CSL and came up with this:

springs 14-15
ride 65-75
dampers 6-7-6-8
camber 2,5-1,5
toe -1 +1
stabs 1-1 !!!
breaks 6-5
auto 10 (not tricked so far)
tcs 1
no lsd so far

Good luck to all, and thank you Kevin for all your work :bowdown:

Glad you could join us, Steven. 👍

Myself, I've been going the opposite way on the ride and spring setup. Higher ride height and softer suspension to better handle the bumps on this track.

Got the boards started!
 
I thought you were a nice guy, but now I think you're quite the sadist with this last challange. Don't get me wrong, I do like a handcuff every now and then, but this is just too much! I was such a happy puppy with my intermediate podium, but now...:crazy:
 
I thought you were a nice guy, but now I think you're quite the sadist with this last challange. Don't get me wrong, I do like a handcuff every now and then, but this is just too much! I was such a happy puppy with my intermediate podium, but now...:crazy:

:trouble: You didn't participate in ARCAT. :sly:

This is a walk in the park ;)

I think if you find the car that suits you and tweak the setup, you will end up with something you'll be satisfied with. Admittedly, I have not completed a full lap without crashing yet. My tests were up to T5. But keep in mind, I gave you GT Mode, racing tires, and I only tuned the 330i to hopefully get it up to the performance level of the M3's. They are basically stock cars with racing tires.

Imagine if I had you running this on sports tires in arcade mode. :scared:

Just stay at it, it will get better. 👍

(And you have until next Thursday)
 
EDK
This is a walk in the park ;)

(And you have until next Thursday)

Right, make me suffer even longer. :ouch:

I was about to go to a wedding tomorrow, but since they will probably divorce within the next 9 months, I'll put in some more time into this challange instead. :dopey:
 
Sorry I didn't submit my time for the previous race, I had it saved and everything but my recent promotion has me by the- :nervous: GL everyone!

Jerome
 
Sorry I didn't submit my time for the previous race, I had it saved and everything but my recent promotion has me by the- :nervous: GL everyone!

Jerome

NP Man - It's your loss. :sly:

Maybe I'll stand a chance of keeping up with you next weekend. :scared:
 
Well, I have better times for events 1 and 2, and should have had about a 1 second faster lap (although I think I could go another couple seconds faster than that), but like so many good laps at Nurburgring, skewed on the curb between Pflanzgarten I and III and crashed. :banghead: This race is stupidly addicting! :dopey:

T1 - 41.757, T2 - 1'14.394, T4 - 2'28.655
 
First splits from Mr. Bigracer for the T3 challenge:

T1: 46.071
T2: 1.23.600

... based on the setup posted earlier. Only thing I changed was getting back to the LSD=0 and ballast return to zero.

Good work Kevin 👍
 
Last edited by a moderator:
First splits from Mr. Bigracer for the T3 challenge:

T1: 46.071
T2: 1.23.600

... based on the setup posted earlier. Only thing I changed was getting back to the LSD=0 and ballast return to zero.

Good work Kevin 👍

Steven - I edited your post because it suggested the car you might be using. Not that anyone would have to guess which car you are using. ;)

But I'd like to keep things on the level with the thread rules. 👍

I'm glad you are liking this, in a car you like in GT Mode, maybe the ring is not so bad afterall. :sly:

I've just finished my MX-5 Cup race and plan to spend too much time on this now. :D
 
EDK
Steven - I edited your post because it suggested the car you might be using. Not that anyone would have to guess which car you are using. ;)
:O :O :O [...] orry so sorry :dopey:
 
:O :O :O [...] orry so sorry :dopey:

No problem, just wanted to let you know why I did it.

Got my first clean full lap, so I'm going to post for all the events with this one.

Event 1

42.758 / 1:16.486

Event 2

1:16.486 / 2:32.774

Event 3

1:16.486 / 3:36.888 / 5:29.174

I don't think the tunes came out exactly as I'd planned, but running the different cars here is still fun. :dopey:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back