[BMW Demo] How to Remove the Time Limit

• Thread starter VV
  • 178 comments
My question would be is it possible to rip the track data of the Nordschleife from this BMW promo disc?
Some good moders (not me) may eventualy port it to some other games..?
Thanks for any input on this puzzle.. 👍

lodyha
My question would be is it possible to rip the track data of the Nordschleife from this BMW promo disc?
Some good moders (not me) may eventualy port it to some other games..?
Thanks for any input on this puzzle.. 👍

that aint gonna work :)

fruitcake
that aint gonna work :)

Why?? Could you elaborate pls.. my impression is that the developer is working with the same 3d tools as other game devs. the only difference is the way they compress it into a file in the end and of course the level of detail which is scaled down for pal/ntsc.. :nervous: :nervous:

I'm looking for elevation data of the track mainly - the textures would be hard to get that's for sure..

Capri and new york are okay to put in prologue
but Capri will make your car's reflection in pink

Nurburgring just can't work at all
some say because nurburgring using streaming track objects instead of loading into ram at once
however, I tried to load BMW demo with Nurburgring
then eject the disc in replay to see what happen
I found no problem at all ...
so does streaming really exist? ... I have no idea

Okay, I have a question. Was there two versions of the BMW demo? One with a time limit, and one without? Or do they all have the time limit? If there are two different versions, how are you able to tell prior to purchasing? (say, off eBay).

Oh, okay I see.
I notice a lot of people are having trouble removing the time limit. I haven't read every single page, but has it been worked out yet? I don't have a chipped PS2, so I would need a SwapMagic disc and Slide Tool, correct?

Any insight on the gt4 track file format, directory structure etc. would be appreciated! If you could decompile it for cheats you should see also something about tha tracks/maps? :nervous: Thanks

If anyone has the file GT4_BMW_Virtual_Drive_(TimelimitRemoved).rar could you please place it up on ED2K or something? I know that you aren't supposed to request things like these, however since this item is free...

Hajaz
i noticed the unselactable racing tires option. Would it be possible to patch the game to make them available?
Just wondering if anyone has any more insight into this?

Also, has anyone figured out how to copy car physics, and other related files over from Prologue into this demo? I know someone asked this, but I'm just checking up to see if anyone has made any progress?

hi i got my hands on GT4_BMW_Virtual_Drive_(TimelimitRemoved).rar :) and i think i got the PAL version but im in canada is there a way to make it work on my ps2 :nervous: im using a chiped ps2 that only reads cd's help would be appreciated cause i cant play with this game the screen is moving from up to dowm really fast . :guilty: 👎

buy a VGA adapter from liksang.com or pacific mall in Toronto
all you need is to connect it between a PC monitor and your ps2
then you can play PAL game on your monitor
and screen will no longer move up and down

btw its not your ps2 problem, its your TV only support NTSC, not PAL

Or you can also use a capture card :) Price-wise a good quality VGA adapter and capture card cost about the same, but the card should be a little more. But you can do more with the capture card though :D

Ichiban Dorifto
hi i got my hands on GT4_BMW_Virtual_Drive_(TimelimitRemoved).rar :) and i think i got the PAL version but im in canada is there a way to make it work on my ps2 :nervous: im using a chiped ps2 that only reads cd's help would be appreciated cause i cant play with this game the screen is moving from up to dowm really fast . :guilty: 👎
Do you think that you could possibly send me a PM as to where or how I can obtain this item? Thanks :)

Thanks VV for the ripkit 👍 # of wasted cd's - 0 👍, WORKED FIRST TIME !!! 👍👍

And Ichiban Dorifto, I succesfully converted the game to NTSC and lookes great. I was supprised as hell the first program I used worked flawlessly. Even adds a menu before the game starts up to do NTSC with Y-fix (vertical shift), normal NTSC, or continue in PAL. I have a gool ol' Nvidia 4600 and I tried the PAL Video in, NTSC Video out, but I thought it was too much trouble and the only program I was satisfied with the quality of was Dscaler. Then I had problems with Dsclaer needing to close programs that use overlays, (no windows skinning here), and eventually hunted the PS2 PAL>NTSC converter.

Definitely burn the game with the time limit removed, make sure that works, and then apply a converter. If you're interested in the converter, download it here NTSCConv

I'd also recommend saving a copy of your original PAL/Time-time-limit-removed.iso becuase this converter will replace whichever .iso you apply it to.

Now on to my topic...
Anybody interested in getting tracks cross-version between prologue and BMW please post your information, failures, and successes. I mean anything...any tidbit of scouring through the files you thought was interesting I'd like to take a look at and see if we can figure a way to drive some prologue cars with new physics / tracks.

honestly I don't know anything about programming beyond simple calculator games employing only rudimentry formula's, menu's, and graphics - but I'm willing to learn b/c the game is a long way off again.

vtecsolkid
Now on to my topic...
Anybody interested in getting tracks cross-version between prologue and BMW please post your information, failures, and successes. I mean anything...any tidbit of scouring through the files you thought was interesting I'd like to take a look at and see if we can figure a way to drive some prologue cars with new physics / tracks.

honestly I don't know anything about programming beyond simple calculator games employing only rudimentry formula's, menu's, and graphics - but I'm willing to learn b/c the game is a long way off again.

Thanks for sharing the same concern as me. The problem with tracks cross conversion from ps might be that as the GT4 squeezes the max potential from this rather old console so there is something called cashing which enables this old hw platform better graphics than the last PC hardware. There are probably tons of other tricks and direct assembler coding to do this. But I'm hopefull that this relates more to the engine itself not so much to the tracks data so if somebody could post info about how to start with reverse engineering these track formats it would be great (mind you according to int. law revers engineering IS NOT illegal). People are mainly going ballistic about that Nurnburg Nordchleife which is unbelievable accurate and not available on the PC for instance.. :)

I'm downloading a file called: Gran Turismo 4 bmw 1 series virtual drive dealership (no Time out).rar
which is about 345 MB, can i asume that this is the demo with this kit already aplied to it?

and would i just do this step: "8. If you use a slide-card, run "4_Iso.bat", this will create an iso file called "gt4pBMW.iso", then burn it on a CD, mode 2/XA, low speed with MagicIso for example."?

My BMW demo with stuff ripped out and the patches applied is around that size. And I just did the slide card option and placed the game on the Ps2 hdd. works

I need some help please.

I finally downloaded the demo with time limit removed.
I got the ripkit and used 4_iso.bat, then I burnt it onto a CD with MagicISO at 4x, mode 2/XA.
Came up to the Swap Magic 3.0 screen and selected PAL and used the swap disk method and put the BMW demo in. Then pressed Square(Ive tried X also) and it either comes up with red and blue stripes horizontally down the outside or moves onto the 'Wrong Format' PS2 screen.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to play this!

My PS2 is a 50002 model if that helps

After you've copied the BMW demo files to your PC, you must remove the wrote protection! Every file you copy from a CD is write protected automatically, but this way, the RipKit can't do any file operations on the files. The readme forgot to mention this, so it might be your problem.

good luck!
the Interceptor

the Interceptor
After you've copied the BMW demo files to your PC, you must remove the wrote protection! Every file you copy from a CD is write protected automatically, but this way, the RipKit can't do any file operations on the files. The readme forgot to mention this, so it might be your problem.

good luck!
the Interceptor
Alright, i'll try!

Thanks for the help the Interceptor!

Latest Posts

Back