BMW M3 GTS Replica (GT6)

• Thread starter Revoy
  • 33 comments
St Kitts and Nevis
St. Kitts, West Indies
GTP_Revoy
"The BMW M3 GTS is largely hand-built by the most skilled craftsmen at BMW M GmbH as a perfectly harmonised package of outstanding modifications, with production exclusively to the customer’s personal order."
Banner.JPG
Introduction

Firstly, I would like to give credit and many thanks to GTPlanet member @1KNm). This idea of creating a thread for the BMW M3 GTS was first conceived by him for GT5, and much of the information here derived from his threads.

This thread is in no way finalized, but rather a work in progress, open to suggestions, opinions and criticisms. You may submit example tunes, or your own colour suggestions to the thread. Of course, facts and sources are always welcomed.

Videos

More videos
BMW M3 GTS Test Drive

Chris Harris on the BMW M3 GTS

Fifth Gear on the BMW M3 GTS

Appearance

It's really orange; Feuerorange (Fire Orange) to be exact. That's the first thing that stands out to you when you see it. The next thing you notice is its large rear adjustable spoiler. Now while our main goal would be trying to replicate the car as accurately as possible within our limitations, one limitation stands out the most.
Gif_4.gif

Unfortunately, due to some not so obvious reasons, PD decided to remove the GTS styled spoiler from GT5 for GT6. Legal reasons, perhaps? Regardless, it's not there, and unless they decide to re-include it in a future patch or even give us an actual 'BMW M3 GTS' via DLC to play around with, we're going to have to make do without it.

For now, we're just going to have to worry about other things, like finding the most accurate colour to match our really orange German (since we don't have the real Fire Orange, of course). Finding the right colour for this car can be a tedious task, since in many instances, the car seems to change colour depending on the lighting. Thankfully for us, we have suggestions by some GTPlanet members, and I've listed some of the closest examples, as well as which car provides you with the paint chip.

Aero Parts:

Aero Kits
- Type A
Flat Floors
- Type A (optional)
*Note*: Flat floors add more downforce to the car. In other words, it increases understeer and dramatically decreases the top speed. Install it only if you feel it is necessary.
Wheels:

Inch Up: 1

- BBS RE-MG_Schwarz
or
- RAYS57Xtreme

Note: I've decided to add two potential wheel options. Why? The BBS wheels are perhaps the closest you will get to the real thing in terms of looks. However, the RAYS have a neat blue emblem in the center that, regardless of what you paint it, can simulate the BMW logo when in motion, as seen right here. So, if you're looking for an accurate standing shot, go for the BBS. But if you're looking for a nice motion shot, I recommend trying out the RAYS.

Colours:

Colour Table.PNG

In-game examples with real life references:

Kenya Orange (reference)
Final_Kenya_Schwarz.JPG

Vitamin C (reference)
Final_Vitamin_Nero.JPG

Lava Orange Pearlescent (reference)
Final_Lava_Nero.JPG

Monaco Orange (reference)
Final_Monaco_Schwarz.jpg

Note: And of course, you can always use the videos listed above for more real life references.

Tune

Before we get to the most important bit, basic facts about the car. More detailed specs about the M3 can be found here (part I, part II, part III) and here.

Real specs
Power 444 hp @ 8300 rpm
Torque 326 lb-ft @ 3750 rpm
Displacement 4.4 Liters
Gearbox 7-speed dual clutch
Weight 1530 kg
Max speed 305 kph (189.1 mph)

Nurburgring Nordschleife lap time 7:48.000

Note: As was mentioned before, while we are trying to make our replica as accurate as possible, we're going to run into limitations. According to the list above, the car has 7 gears, while we are only provided with 6, so once again we will have to improvise.

The following tune is without an oil change.

In-game specs
Power
444 hp @ 7800 rpm
Torque 328.3 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Weight 1530 kg
PP 506 (531PP with Flat Floor installed)

GT Auto
Improve body rigidity

GTS Tune Table_2_01.PNG

Yes, Comfort Soft Tyres. They seem to produce the most accurate lap times in comparison to the official Nordschleife run.

After oil change
If you already changed your oil recently, here's a power set up for after an oil change. *The torque is actually more accurate with the oil change. It will not last, however, and you will have to set it to the original tune. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you should check out this thread right here.

Power 444 hp @ 7600 rpm
Torque 325.5 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Weight 1530 kg
PP 506 (531PP with Flat Floor installed)
GTS Tune Table_3.PNG

Closing remarks

I hope you enjoyed this opening post as well as the car it's for and I will continue to update it in the future. As I mentioned earlier, this is in no way final. Everything in this thread is subject to change and is open to any and all opinions. Feel like you found a tune that seems more fun, feel free to share it with us.

Sources

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318714
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_m3_gts.html
http://www.inautonews.com/bmw-m3-gts-is-the-most-extreme-m3-ever#.UxAXRM7y3zN

Outro_0.PNG

Attachments

• RAYS motion example.jpg
    RAYS motion example.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 30
  • m3gtsorig.jpg
    m3gtsorig.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 414
  • P90053703.jpg
    P90053703.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 26
  • P90065439.jpg
    P90065439.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 24
  • P90065456.jpg
    P90065456.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 26
  • m3gts1.jpg
    m3gts1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 23
  • m3gts2.jpg
    m3gts2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 23
  • m3gts3.jpg
    m3gts3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
"The BMW M3 GTS is largely hand-built by the most skilled craftsmen at BMW M GmbH as a perfectly harmonised package of outstanding modifications, with production exclusively to the customer’s personal order."
View attachment 121148
Introduction

Firstly, I would like to give credit and many thanks to GTPlanet member @1KNm). This idea of creating a thread for the BMW M3 GTS was first conceived by him for GT5, and much of the information here derived from his threads.

This thread is in no way finalized, but rather a work in progress, open to suggestions, opinions and criticisms. You may submit example tunes, or your own colour suggestions to the thread. Of course, facts and sources are always welcomed.

Videos

More videos
BMW M3 GTS Test Drive

Chris Harris on the BMW M3 GTS

Fifth Gear on the BMW M3 GTS

Appearance

It's really orange; Feuerorange (Fire Orange) to be exact. That's the first thing that stands out to you when you see it. The next thing you notice is its large rear adjustable spoiler. Now while our main goal would be trying to replicate the car as accurately as possible within our limitations, one limitation stands out the most.
View attachment 121191

Unfortunately, due to some not so obvious reasons, PD decided to remove the GTS styled spoiler from GT5 for GT6. Legal reasons, perhaps? Regardless, it's not there, and unless they decide to re-include it in a future patch or even give us an actual 'BMW M3 GTS' via DLC to play around with, we're going to have to make do without it.

For now, we're just going to have to worry about other things, like finding the most accurate colour to match our really orange German (since we don't have the real Fire Orange, of course). Finding the right colour for this car can be a tedious task, since in many instances, the car seems to change colour depending on the lighting. Thankfully for us, we have suggestions by some GTPlanet members, and I've listed some of the closest examples, as well as which car provides you with the paint chip.

Aero Parts:

Aero Kits
- Type A
Flat Floors
- Type A (optional)
*Note*: Flat floors add more downforce to the car. In other words, it increases understeer and dramatically decreases the top speed. Install it only if you feel it is necessary.
Wheels:

Inch Up: 1

- BBS RE-MG_Schwarz
or
- RAYS57Xtreme

Note: I've decided to add two potential wheel options. Why? The BBS wheels are perhaps the closest you will get to the real thing in terms of looks. However, the RAYS have a neat blue emblem in the center that, regardless of what you paint it, can simulate the BMW logo when in motion, as seen right here. So, if you're looking for an accurate standing shot, go for the BBS. But if you're looking for a nice motion shot, I recommend trying out the RAYS.

Colours:

View attachment 121187

In-game examples with real life references:

Kenya Orange (reference)
View attachment 121192

Vitamin C (reference)
View attachment 121195

Lava Orange Pearlescent (reference)
View attachment 121193

Monaco Orange (reference)
View attachment 121194

Note: And of course, you can always use the videos listed above for more real life references.

Tune

Before we get to the most important bit, basic facts about the car. More detailed specs about the M3 can be found here (part I, part II, part III) and here.

Real Specs
Power 444 hp @ 8300 rpm
Torque 326 lb-ft @ 3750 rpm
Displacement 4.4 Liters
Gearbox 7-speed dual clutch
Weight 1530 kg
Max speed 305 kph (189.1 mph)

Nurburgring Nordschleife lap time 7:48.000

Note: As was mentioned before, while we are trying to make our replica as accurate as possible, we're going to run into limitations. According to the list above, the car has 7 gears, while we are only provided with 6, so once again we will have to improvise.

The following tune is without an oil change.
GT Auto
Improve body rigidity

View attachment 121448

Yes, Comfort Soft Tyres. They seem to produce the most accurate lap times in comparison to the official Nordschleife run.

After oil change
If you already changed your oil recently, here's a power set up for after an oil change. *The torque is actually more accurate with the oil change. It will not last, however, and you will have to set it to the original tune. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you should check out this thread right here.

View attachment 121419

Closing remarks

I hope you enjoyed this opening post as well as the car it's for and I will continue to update it in the future. As I mentioned earlier, this is in no way final. Everything in this thread is subject to change and is open to any and all opinions. Feel like you found a tune that seems more fun, feel free to share it with us.

Sources

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318714
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_m3_gts.html
http://www.inautonews.com/bmw-m3-gts-is-the-most-extreme-m3-ever#.UxAXRM7y3zN

Hey Revoy,
Top thread mate. It's one of my favorite cars and I've made my own replica already but I thought I'd add some info for you.
I'm bummed about the rear wing too. My replica in GT5 had it fitted but I haven't bothered in GT6 as I don't like any of the options they've given us.
As for the 7 speed gearbox problem, I've arranged the ratios so that I have 2-7 gears. I figure they're the ones we use the most considering all races are rolling starts.
My replica is painted in a Lamborghini color: Arancio.

Let me know if you want me to post my replica specs so you can compare what we have.

Cheers
:cheers:

Great effort! What is the PP? I know it doesn't seem all that important for a replica but I'd like to add this to the directory.

Hey Revoy,
Top thread mate. It's one of my favorite cars and I've made my own replica already but I thought I'd add some info for you.
I'm bummed about the rear wing too. My replica in GT5 had it fitted but I haven't bothered in GT6 as I don't like any of the options they've given us.
As for the 7 speed gearbox problem, I've arranged the ratios so that I have 2-7 gears. I figure they're the ones we use the most considering all races are rolling starts.
My replica is painted in a Lamborghini color: Arancio.

Let me know if you want me to post my replica specs so you can compare what we have.

Cheers

I would definitely love to see you post the specs for your replica 👍. The more info we have to compare the better.
I'm going to get in some pictures too of your colour suggestion Arancio Argos.

XS
Great effort! What is the PP? I know it doesn't seem all that important for a replica but I'd like to add this to the directory.

Just compared some cars and I'm settling with 506PP. I'll add it to the OP.
Thanks for adding this to the directory :cheers:.

I would definitely love to see you post the specs for your replica 👍. The more info we have to compare the better.
I'm going to get in some pictures too of your colour suggestion Arancio Argos.

Just compared some cars and I'm settling with 506PP. I'll add it to the OP.
Thanks for adding this to the directory :cheers:.
Hey Guys,
Here are the specs for my GTS:

Paint color: Arancio (Lamborghini)
Wheels: 1 inch up Oz racing Ultraleggera
FC suspension default settings
Racing brake kit 5/5
FC transmission
Max speed 210
1st 3.056
2nd 2.153
3rd 1.678
4th 1.390
5th 1.203
6th 1.000
Final gear 3.154
Triple plate clutch
Carbon propeller shaft
Sports computer
Stage 1 weight reduction
Carbon bonnet in body color
Window weight reduction
33kg ballast @ 0%

With 315km on the clock, I have 459bhp @ 8700, 44kgfm @ 4200
1490kg, 512pp, 3.24kg/BHP

I'm not a tuner so haven't played with the suspension as I'll just get lost & make it handle like a dog on a polished floor :lol:.
It's as close as I can get to the real deal & doesn't do too bad.
Hard to replicate the extra torque you'd get from the extra 400cc but the power is there.
Let me know what you think

I believe I've got everything down except the correct gearing @Pete05

Any tips or suggestions on how to get those ratios?

I believe I've got everything down except the correct gearing @Pete05

Any tips or suggestions on how to get those ratios?
These are the real ratios for 2nd to 7th. The real final drive ratio is correct as well.
Step 1: lower the top speed to 210km/h.
Step 2: check the range of the ratios on offer, by highlighting the individual gear, to see if the real ratios are within reach. If so, adjust manually and you're done.

If not, return the top speed to the default number and move the FINAL DRIVE RATIO number higher
to 5.000. Move the top speed back to 210km/h & check if the desired ratios are possible.

Good luck & let me know how you go.

I am not sure if I enjoyed this as much as others in here. I mean I really enjoy BMW, however IMHO the tune doesn't do this car justice. The tune created too much under steer and the stock set up is faster at first glance... I mean tune and turn key, the stock version pulled almost the same lap time?? Now I will say stock comes with sport tires. I will say I did like the diff settings...however over all I am a little disappointed so far.

I am not sure if I enjoyed this as much as others in here. I mean I really enjoy BMW, however IMHO the tune doesn't do this car justice. The tune created too much under steer and the stock set up is faster at first glance... I mean tune and turn key, the stock version pulled almost the same lap time?? Now I will say stock comes with sport tires. I will say I did like the diff settings...however over all I am a little disappointed so far.
Thanks for the feedback. Any tips or advice, in the right direction, are more than welcome :cheers:.

Thanks for the feedback. Any tips or advice, in the right direction, are more than welcome :cheers:.

I am not sure where to begin?? I think anything I would suggest would take away from the "spirit" of the tune, as its supposed to be a replica. Pete...what did you think of it? I found it very unforgiving when pushing it to the curbs,...which I like to do on Nuremberg.

I did run a couple of more laps and found that if I stayed away from the curbs you're ok...still lots of understeer...so I took away the weight and moved ballast position back to 0. Which I am curious of the add of weight and what it represents...cause why do the weight reduction stage 2, then add weight and throw or towards the back? does it represent a body and fuel?

Also why comfort soft? Would this car not use sport tires? On the vid, thats what they look like anyway

I also notice that you can add the rear spoiler now, which I did.

I am not sure where to begin?? I think anything I would suggest would take away from the "spirit" of the tune, as its supposed to be a replica. Pete...what did you think of it? I found it very unforgiving when pushing it to the curbs,...which I like to do on Nuremberg.

I did run a couple of more laps and found that if I stayed away from the curbs you're ok...still lots of understeer...so I took away the weight and moved ballast position back to 0. Which I am curious of the add of weight and what it represents...cause why do the weight reduction stage 2, then add weight and throw or towards the back? does it represent a body and fuel?

Also why comfort soft? Would this car not use sport tires? On the vid, thats what they look like anyway

I also notice that you can add the rear spoiler now, which I did.
Hey Nomad,
Thanks for the feedback. I always enjoy reading what others have to say about a tune whether it's mine or someone else's. It's like the advantage multi-car teams have against smaller teams when they're running in a practice session. If a practice session goes for an hour, you can work through different setups a lot easier with 2,3 or 4 cars as opposed to a single car team.

To answer a few of your questions, my car appears to be a replica in that it has the correct gear ratios, is orange, has black wheels and is close as far as power is concerned.
Other than that, I'd hesitate to call it a M3 GTS. I fitted the FC suspension and went with that so I'm happy to put the spanners to the suspension so that it handles a lot better but that'd be better left to a tuner that knows what they're doing when it comes to springs, shocks & bars etc...

The car is the correct weight going on the numbers I found. In order to get there, I did a stage 1 weight reduction and added ballast to bring it up to the the desired number and positioned it looking for a 50/50 weight balance.

Finally, I tuned the car to use Sports Hard tyres. I was toying with the idea of upgrading to Sports Mediums to replicate the better rubber the GTS gets as standard but for an easier comparison with the base M3, I stuck with the Hard compound.

Hope this clears up any grey areas and thanks again for your thoughts

I hope your talking about my replica as I haven't posted a video of mine unless someone else has

Hey Nomad,
Thanks for the feedback. I always enjoy reading what others have to say about a tune whether it's mine or someone else's. It's like the advantage multi-car teams have against smaller teams when they're running in a practice session. If a practice session goes for an hour, you can work through different setups a lot easier with 2,3 or 4 cars as opposed to a single car team.

To answer a few of your questions, my car appears to be a replica in that it has the correct gear ratios, is orange, has black wheels and is close as far as power is concerned.
Other than that, I'd hesitate to call it a M3 GTS. I fitted the FC suspension and went with that so I'm happy to put the spanners to the suspension so that it handles a lot better but that'd be better left to a tuner that knows what they're doing when it comes to springs, shocks & bars etc...

The car is the correct weight going on the numbers I found. In order to get there, I did a stage 1 weight reduction and added ballast to bring it up to the the desired number and positioned it looking for a 50/50 weight balance.

Finally, I tuned the car to use Sports Hard tyres. I was toying with the idea of upgrading to Sports Mediums to replicate the better rubber the GTS gets as standard but for an easier comparison with the base M3, I stuck with the Hard compound.

Hope this clears up any grey areas and thanks again for your thoughts

I hope your talking about my replica as I haven't posted a video of mine unless someone else has

The vid I was talking about was the Op's real car footage. He talks about using comfort tires for this tune?? Anyway I have now been using the sport tires, hard.

I have been playing with the dampers a bit. I added a couple of notches in the rear Dampers (compression). I also think the suspension is a little hard for this track....need to figure out something that will work with the bumps....adding the 2 clicks on the compression for the rear helped a little...

Bring down the rear Springs about .30pts and put your ride height up a little 90/95, along with the changes in the Dampers...let me know what you think if you try it.

I just did a run with the new suspension changes, took 7.xxx secs off of my last run...oh, and IMO setting for setting you get better braking with the standard brakes....PD needs to fix this...Racing brakes and they sux! Waste of $$

Last edited:
Bring down the rear Springs about .30pts and put your ride height up a little 90/95, along with the changes in the Dampers...let me know what you think if you try it.

I just did a run with the new suspension changes, took 7.xxx secs off of my last run...oh, and IMO setting for setting you get better braking with the standard brakes....PD needs to fix this...Racing brakes and they sux! Waste of $$
Thanks Nomad. I'll open the garage, put the helmet on & take her for a run later today. 7.xxx seconds is a decent improvement on the 'Ring. I've read a few complaints about the racing brakes so maybe it's another thing PD need to work on. I'll update later after my run at the Green Hell.
Cheers:cheers:

Just took our Orange German for a few laps & mate is she a handful on Sports Hard. Drifts and slides almost everywhere :scared:

Best lap I did, or rather, the neatest, was a 7:36:548. I haven't done a back to back test with the standard M3 yet, but, if I worked at BMW's M division, I wouldn't sign off on my GTS yet. There's more work to do to calm this down
:banghead:

Last edited:
Thanks Nomad. I'll open the garage, put the helmet on & take her for a run later today. 7.xxx seconds is a decent improvement on the 'Ring. I've read a few complaints about the racing brakes so maybe it's another thing PD need to work on. I'll update later after my run at the Green Hell.
Cheers:cheers:

Just took our Orange German for a few laps & mate is she a handful on Sports Hard. Drifts and slides almost everywhere :scared:

Best lap I did, or rather, the neatest, was a 7:36:548. I haven't done a back to back test with the standard M3 yet, but, if I worked at BMW's M division, I wouldn't sign off on my GTS yet. There's more work to do to calm this down
:banghead:

Did you try any of my suggestions (7:36 is a decent run indeed, what tire did you run?) with the dampers? Now' that 7 sec difference is from my lap times lol, not the base lap in here of 7:48....I was closer to the 8:00 mark then brought it down 7+ sec's with the changes,

Yes Pete she is a handful, more so with the comfort tires in which the OP suggested we use...I found the SH's actually helped me from when I ran the CS's for sure...didn't try the med's...will giver her a go later.

I bought the GT Chrome Beemer and put it on the track...running it stock and thought I would run the B file tune and throw in the diff and tranny from this car and see what happens. Again this is all on SH tires.

Again, first "clean" run 8:00:xxx stock GT M3 Chrome, didn't push too hard....actually not too bad outta the box....will now goto my B set up and run a couple of laps and see what I get and play with the suspension

Did you try any of my suggestions (7:36 is a decent run indeed, what tire did you run?) with the dampers? Now' that 7 sec difference is from my lap times lol, not the base lap in here of 7:48....I was closer to the 8:00 mark then brought it down 7+ sec's with the changes,

Yes Pete she is a handful, more so with the comfort tires in which the OP suggested we use...I found the SH's actually helped me from when I ran the CS's for sure...didn't try the med's...will giver her a go later.

I bought the GT Chrome Beemer and put it on the track...running it stock and thought I would run the B file tune and throw in the diff and tranny from this car and see what happens. Again this is all on SH tires.

Again, first "clean" run 8:00:xxx stock GT M3 Chrome, didn't push too hard....actually not too bad outta the box....will now goto my B set up and run a couple of laps and see what I get and play with the suspension
Hey Nomad,
The 7:36:5xx was set on Sports Hard tyres with no driving aids except for ABS 1 using a DS3 and with the changes you suggested. I'm not even gunna bother with the Comfort Soft tyres. That's asking for misery if you ask me.
If I had a dollar for every lap of the Nordschleife I've done on GT, I'd have enough money to move to Germany, buy an M3 GTS and the Nurburgring :D.
As for the Sports Medium tyres, here is my dilemma: If a stock M3 comes with Sports Hard, and in real life, a tyre of less grip than the tyres fitted to the GTS, should we consider going to the Mediums on the game? I can see them being at least 10 secs a lap faster and sanitizing the experience :boggled:.

I considered the 'chrome' edition when I was thinking about making a GTS but baulked at the stripe right up the middle of the car & I understand it can't be removed :banghead:
I'll be interested to see if they're identical as far as suspension is concerned.

I've also just looked at other '07 M3's in the tune directory to see what the tuners have done with the suspension. I've found 2 examples from Real Replica Tunes, and one from JTQ that use Sports Hard. I plan to take them for a spin using a stock M3 with the appropriate settings and seeing what the results are using a ghost lap. Do you ever chase the ghost? Some people get put off by it :irked::mad:🤬
I'll let you know the results :cheers:

Hey Nomad,
The 7:36:5xx was set on Sports Hard tyres with no driving aids except for ABS 1 using a DS3 and with the changes you suggested. I'm not even gunna bother with the Comfort Soft tyres. That's asking for misery if you ask me.
If I had a dollar for every lap of the Nordschleife I've done on GT, I'd have enough money to move to Germany, buy an M3 GTS and the Nurburgring :D.
As for the Sports Medium tyres, here is my dilemma: If a stock M3 comes with Sports Hard, and in real life, a tyre of less grip than the tyres fitted to the GTS, should we consider going to the Mediums on the game? I can see them being at least 10 secs a lap faster and sanitizing the experience :boggled:.

I considered the 'chrome' edition when I was thinking about making a GTS but baulked at the stripe right up the middle of the car & I understand it can't be removed :banghead:
I'll be interested to see if they're identical as far as suspension is concerned.

I've also just looked at other '07 M3's in the tune directory to see what the tuners have done with the suspension. I've found 2 examples from Real Replica Tunes, and one from JTQ that use Sports Hard. I plan to take them for a spin using a stock M3 with the appropriate settings and seeing what the results are using a ghost lap. Do you ever chase the ghost? Some people get put off by it :irked::mad:🤬
I'll let you know the results :cheers:

Well Pete, then that time IMO is very respectable IMO. I don't have the time on the Ring as you do, so my times are considerable slower, I just was able to get into the 7:48:xxx's Of all the road courses the Ring is my favorite, though I have to admit, I've been turn left as of late, hosting a room , so the Ring hasn't really been a priority over the months. I am going to give her another go today and see what I can do.

I am trying to keep a clean laps....however one little itch or cough and you've ruined your time as it take take much to invalidate the lap.

I will also ask a tuner to take a look at the M3 and see what he can do, I really respect his tunes....turns monsters into lil Red Riding Hood lol I will also check out JTQ's tune and see how that feels.

As for using the SM's, well I have a biased opinion there as I know it will rip some time of of the course, but I am not sure how long they would last in the "real" world before they're scrapped...SS are definitely out I think as they would be toast in one lap....grippy but not practical IMO...so if anything, then yes try the SM and see.

Ghosts...no problem as long as I an far enough back or ahead of it lol....if I am running on top if it..then I will most likely go off track

Last edited:
k...tried that tune from JTQ...feels nice, a lot more forgiving IMO, however the tranny is topped out at 165mph top speed, was at the rev limited on the straights...pulled a 8:00:xxx so what I am going to do is throw the other tranny or try and stretch out this one, either way need more straight line speed for sure.

**update**

Decided to stretch the tranny out a bit rather than replace all together. Top speed now 172mph before hitting the rev limiter. Pulling off a cleanfirst lap of 7:56:6xx (still a ways to go for me lol). Keeping in mind the JTQ set up is lower in HP, takes almost the end of the last straight to hit the limiter. 428hp & 503PP opposed to the other set up 444hp & 510PP.

**update**

Added the Sport Converter to bring me up to 442hp and 510PP. changed up the final again to match the power...few mistakes but still managed a clean first lap of 7:51:xxx

Last edited:
k...tried that tune from JTQ...feels nice, a lot more forgiving IMO, however the tranny is topped out at 165mph top speed, was at the rev limited on the straights...pulled a 8:00:xxx so what I am going to do is throw the other tranny or try and stretch out this one, either way need more straight line speed for sure.

**update**

Decided to stretch the tranny out a bit rather than replace all together. Top speed now 172mph before hitting the rev limiter. Pulling off a cleanfirst lap of 7:56:6xx (still a ways to go for me lol). Keeping in mind the JTQ set up is lower in HP, takes almost the end of the last straight to hit the limiter. 428hp & 503PP opposed to the other set up 444hp & 510PP.

**update**

Added the Sport Converter to bring me up to 442hp and 510PP. changed up the final again to match the power...few mistakes but still managed a clean first lap of 7:51:xxx
Hey Nomad,
I did some testing of my own with the other M3 builds in the directory. I use a stock M3 as a base and transferred the suspension settings over to see what the handling differences were.
I found all 3 to be more user friendly than what I had in my GTS and got the following results on Sports Hard.

JTQ : 7:51:481

Real Replica Tunes
Amuse Ericsson: 7:55:271

Real Replica Tunes
Schnitzer: under 7:50. I had a really good lap going and was ahead of JTQ's tune until I dumped it braking from high speed after the long straight towards the end of the lap :banghead:

If I had to use one of the three, it would be Real Replica's Schnitzer example. I found this the easiest to drive as far as corner entry, transition and exit.

I've read the posts between you and Ridox. I'll have to take his examples for a run & see what they do.

On another note, I don't mind jumping in a NASCAR and turning left too :D. Them boys play rough :nervous:. Good prize money but well earned

Hey Nomad,
I did some testing of my own with the other M3 builds in the directory. I use a stock M3 as a base and transferred the suspension settings over to see what the handling differences were.
I found all 3 to be more user friendly than what I had in my GTS and got the following results on Sports Hard.

JTQ : 7:51:481

Real Replica Tunes
Amuse Ericsson: 7:55:271

Real Replica Tunes
Schnitzer: under 7:50. I had a really good lap going and was ahead of JTQ's tune until I dumped it braking from high speed after the long straight towards the end of the lap :banghead:

If I had to use one of the three, it would be Real Replica's Schnitzer example. I found this the easiest to drive as far as corner entry, transition and exit.

I've read the posts between you and Ridox. I'll have to take his examples for a run & see what they do.

On another note, I don't mind jumping in a NASCAR and turning left too :D. Them boys play rough :nervous:. Good prize money but well earned

All very good times, considering we're running controllers and not a racing rig. I really like Ridox's tunes. I haven't had a chance to plug in the numbers yet and run a lap, my boys been watching Netflix, however ASAP I will soon have the PS3 to myself :)

It will be interesting to see when we find our sweet spots and then run a few laps to hone the car in to see what kind of laps we can get.

I usually host a room in the evenings/weekends called Nomad's NASCAR *clean* we usually have some fun...no rough stuff, usually running the drafts with a little bump and push here and there lol...its a lot of fun....different fun from the Ring of course but fun just the same...you're more than welcome to join us sometime

All very good times, considering we're running controllers and not a racing rig. I really like Ridox's tunes. I haven't had a chance to plug in the numbers yet and run a lap, my boys been watching Netflix, however ASAP I will soon have the PS3 to myself :)

It will be interesting to see when we find our sweet spots and then run a few laps to hone the car in to see what kind of laps we can get.

I usually host a room in the evenings/weekends called Nomad's NASCAR *clean* we usually have some fun...no rough stuff, usually running the drafts with a little bump and push here and there lol...its a lot of fun....different fun from the Ring of course but fun just the same...you're more than welcome to join us sometime
Some of the racing rigs I've seen here are amazing. I've always used the controller though and could never get used anything other than the buttons.
You're a good Dad sharing the PS3. I live alone so I don't have to take a number here :lol:
Thanks for the offer to race online with you but my internet would just laugh in my face at the thought 🤬. I have enough fun trying to survive against the AI at Daytona :nervous:.

I am completely new to Gran Turismo. I've been playing since December, but this is my first time playing ANY Gran Turismo title. Obviously, I am a complete n00b when it comes to tuning. One thing I keep seeing in people's recommended tunes that has me baffled is: Why do you go through the trouble of adding all sorts of POWER options only to lower the POWER percentage of the vehicle? For example, the first tune in this thread lowers the POWER output to 92%! Also, he added 124kg (272.8 pounds!) of ballast to the vehicle. Isn't that extra weight just going to slow the vehicle down a bit?

So, if someone can explain to me why I keep seeing POWER PERCENTAGE lowered from 100%, I would appreciate it. Also, if you can explain the benefit of adding ballast to this M3 Tune, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I am completely new to Gran Turismo. I've been playing since December, but this is my first time playing ANY Gran Turismo title. Obviously, I am a complete n00b when it comes to tuning. One thing I keep seeing in people's recommended tunes that has me baffled is: Why do you go through the trouble of adding all sorts of POWER options only to lower the POWER percentage of the vehicle? For example, the first tune in this thread lowers the POWER output to 92%! Also, he added 124kg (272.8 pounds!) of ballast to the vehicle. Isn't that extra weight just going to slow the vehicle down a bit?

So, if someone can explain to me why I keep seeing POWER PERCENTAGE lowered from 100%, I would appreciate it. Also, if you can explain the benefit of adding ballast to this M3 Tune, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Welcome to GT. We've all gotta start somewhere and I've been playing GT for 15 years. It's only recently that I've started playing around with tuning cars away from what we get on GT.
On this page we're trying to replicate the BMW M3 GTS and to do that we use both the power limiter and ballast in order to achieve the real life BHP & KG.
When you do a tune, adding a part may take you over the desired number so we use the power limiter to bring it back to the target. Likewise if a weight reduction takes you under the target, we use ballast to get back to our target number.
Hope this helps :cheers:

Welcome to GT. We've all gotta start somewhere and I've been playing GT for 15 years. It's only recently that I've started playing around with tuning cars away from what we get on GT.
On this page we're trying to replicate the BMW M3 GTS and to do that we use both the power limiter and ballast in order to achieve the real life BHP & KG.
When you do a tune, adding a part may take you over the desired number so we use the power limiter to bring it back to the target. Likewise if a weight reduction takes you under the target, we use ballast to get back to our target number.
Hope this helps :cheers:

Ah, okay.. So, it's because you're trying to duplicate the real world model. Gotcha.

Ah, okay.. So, it's because you're trying to duplicate the real world model. Gotcha.
That's it exactly. If you just wanna tune up you favorite ride for more power, lighter weight or whatever, it's open to you.
I've seen people use ballast and it's position to change the weight balance of a car that maybe heavy or light at one end versus the other. A FF will be front heavy and a Porsche, er I mean RUF or Alpine will have a heavy rear end.

LOL, Like Pete I've been Playing GT since the beginning of time and said to myself when I first started working with these tunes, especially when it came to adding ballast and moving it to a an undesirable position, reducing power when I just added a Stage 1 power mod.... I said to myself...just like you, WHY oh WHY great one??...cause the car before was much more happier with out all these nasty Kilos of weight.....then after trying it and working with these tunes, is when it came to me....this a fun!! And its all about trying to get as close as possible to the real thing...without having to go out and spend a couple of hundred G's to buy and keep maintenance up your own race car lol.

Some of the racing rigs I've seen here are amazing. I've always used the controller though and could never get used anything other than the buttons.
You're a good Dad sharing the PS3. I live alone so I don't have to take a number here :lol:
Thanks for the offer to race online with you but my internet would just laugh in my face at the thought 🤬. I have enough fun trying to survive against the AI at Daytona :nervous:.

Well that's too bad Pete...well the invite is open...I don't run one of those rooms where we kick people out if they're not from the US lol My connection is pretty good, so maybe that will help...We're all a good bunch, not cut throat or think that we're better than anyone else in the room...we're all about having fun and helping others who want to learn about the cars, working with the set up and fine tuning them to take off that extra 100th of a sec...Also its not just about who can go the fastest around the track...it just as important about how the car handles in a draft...14-16 cars going 2 and 3 wide into a turn at 200 mph...its a rush really...especially with a controller....we're a dying breed my friend LOL

Well that's too bad Pete...well the invite is open...I don't run one of those rooms where we kick people out if they're not from the US lol My connection is pretty good, so maybe that will help...We're all a good bunch, not cut throat or think that we're better than anyone else in the room...we're all about having fun and helping others who want to learn about the cars, working with the set up and fine tuning them to take off that extra 100th of a sec...Also its not just about who can go the fastest around the track...it just as important about how the car handles in a draft...14-16 cars going 2 and 3 wide into a turn at 200 mph...its a rush really...especially with a controller....we're a dying breed my friend LOL
Hey Nomad,
The room sounds like as much fun you can have with your pants on :lol: Full of the sorta guys that if we were racing a one make series, and someone needed a part, there'd be a que of us waiting to donate it so that we could all get out on track & have a white knuckled giggle filling each other's mirrors :D.
I've read a post that says each of the NASCARs has it's own little quirks. I've got all the Jimmie Johnson's (respect :bowdown:) and I'm sure the 2010 is faster than 2011 & 2013. Have you found any differences yourself?
Gunna take the Ridox suspension tune for a run and see what it does. Report to follow.

Hey Nomad,
The room sounds like as much fun you can have with your pants on :lol: Full of the sorta guys that if we were racing a one make series, and someone needed a part, there'd be a que of us waiting to donate it so that we could all get out on track & have a white knuckled giggle filling each other's mirrors :D.
I've read a post that says each of the NASCARs has it's own little quirks. I've got all the Jimmie Johnson's (respect :bowdown:) and I'm sure the 2010 is faster than 2011 & 2013. Have you found any differences yourself?
Gunna take the Ridox suspension tune for a run and see what it does. Report to follow.

I am working on Ridox's right now, but can't seem to get the tranny????????

Yes, not only are the years different, but even in the same year car and same make car is different...so for example, chev...Dale and Jimies are both 2013 Chev SS...however if you put on the same set up...the car will behave differently

I am trying to get some track time in before my boy wakes up lol...we're both off for March (Spring, nothing Spring about it) Break lol So I have an hour or so and need to get the tranny sorted out on Ridox's set up

Latest Posts

Back