BMW Shoots for the Sky with the New F10

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 208 comments
  • 34,761 views

Do you like the rendering??

  • Yes

    Votes: 65 63.7%
  • No

    Votes: 37 36.3%

  • Total voters
    102
whamsig.jpg


Well, now you fit in with all the VW to BMW owners over in Rides and Styles, you just did it backwards by getting the VAG products after the BMWs :p

Now all I need is a vintage rooftop luggage rack and a bottle of acid poured on my hood.




M
 
Hey guys :)

I found this rendering in forums.5series.net and to be honest with you guys, it looks fabulous!!! I know.. I know some of you might say that this kind of looks like a bigger E90 M3 but seriously, check this out ;)

14alao9.jpg


All that I can say now is, the front bumper really is looks the same according to the Spy Shot. But I believe, it would look something like... 80% the same with the rendering?? We'll see...

attachment.php


Before that, I will keep you guys updated on what's going on with the F10 M5. So stay tuned and thanks for reading :)
 
Looks like an overweight E90 M3 Sedan to me.
 
Merged with existing thread
 
Merged with existing thread

Sure.. Sorry for that. Thought of making a special thread for the M5 only.

Thanks ;)
 
Looks like an overweight E90 M3 Sedan to me.

+1. That's what happens when you photoshop an M3 front end onto a 5-series. And it doesn't help that the spy photos have the same lower grille underbite as the M3.
 
Now all I need is a vintage rooftop luggage rack and a bottle of acid poured on my hood.




M

Indirect Super Troopers reference, FTW.
 
Well I think that the car is based off of a 7er of some variety. I find that to be very scary. The 5 series shouldn't be that big.
 
Well I think that the car is based off of a 7er of some variety. I find that to be very scary. The 5 series shouldn't be that big.

The car is actually a mixed of 3er + 7er = 5er. Also some of the designs are based on the Concept CS. The car is big and it is but just a couple of centimeters longer and wider than the E60. This meanwhile the dimension is nearly the same as the E-Klasse Mercedes. Not just that, despite the gain in weight and size, the F10 is still faster than it's predecessor.

I'm not too worried though since it's confirmed that the F10 M5 will have a monocoque body shell, bootlid, bonnet etc. The body itself is aluminium. The M5 also predicted to be much lighter than its predecessor. With the loss of the V10, due to a massive dissapointment on the fuel economy, they will switch back to a TT V8 producing probably more than 550HP and 500+nm of torque that you can find in the X5/6M. But whatever it is, the fun part is coming which is, the car will be equiped with a KERS system which is similar to the F1's but this one is much lighter and much more better.
 
Well I think that the car is based off of a 7er of some variety. I find that to be very scary. The 5 series shouldn't be that big.
Even so, it seems BMW went ahead & applied the main design cues of the 7, to the 5, which "irks" me a little. Only those of us who have an eye for the smaller details will probably be the ones who tell them apart on the roads.
 
I think it looks great. I especially like the spoke pattern of the rims on the one with camouflage.
 
There should be okay in poll,I don't like it that much,as it's kinda bland but I don't hate it either.
 
Hehehe... Guuuuuys. It's on the road :D

This car was spotted on the Autobahn and... :D Just look ;)

f10-hinten-26508-655x491.jpg


f10-vorne-28060-655x491.jpg


f10-seite-hinten-44335-655x491.jpg


I think it looks owkey.. Doesn't look too bad either, compared to its rival, the A6 and the E-Klasse. Stay tuned for more of BMW F105er and the mighty M5 :)

EDIT : If you look at the side, from that angle, it somehow reminds me and looks like of the E39. Boy this car really is like the E39 :drool:

[Source = Motor-Talk.de and BMWBLOG.com]
 
Looks like someone needs a lesson in taking pictures..

I would personally prefer the A6 alone on looks.. E-Class doesn't do anything for me either much like the BMW.
 
Looks like someone needs a lesson in taking pictures..

I would personally prefer the A6 alone on looks.

LOL It was in hurry I believe. Plus, it's dangerous to take picture because it'd look obvious that you're taking pic of the car. You can go to a prizon if you do that.

Anyway, I don't really like the A6 because in my opinion, it looks rather dull. Nothing special to it. Sorry. The only Audi that I kinda like to have is the second A4, the new one and the A5 Sportsback.
 
Hideous. I didn't think they could make the current 5 look worse.
 
Even so, it seems BMW went ahead & applied the main design cues of the 7, to the 5, which "irks" me a little. Only those of us who have an eye for the smaller details will probably be the ones who tell them apart on the roads.

I was going to say 'nowai' but comparing them side by side makes them seem like different trim levels of the same car. That's pretty ridiculous I think. GM probably puts more styling difference between different trims of the same car.

The front end looks remarkably similar to the 3 also. Hopefully I'll quickly learn to identify the 5 better than "hmmm, front end of a 3-series on a 7? Must be a 5er."
 
LOL It was in hurry I believe. Plus, it's dangerous to take picture because it'd look obvious that you're taking pic of the car. You can go to a prizon if you do that.

Anyway, I don't really like the A6 because in my opinion, it looks rather dull. Nothing special to it. Sorry. The only Audi that I kinda like to have is the second A4, the new one and the A5 Sportsback.

Whats a prizon?


You call the A6 dull compared to the F10? :eek:

AudiA6-2010-scoop.jpg
 
That isn't an A6. It's an artist's rendering of one that doesn't look anything like the real one.

Even the E60 is a better car than the C6 A6. Audi is still playing catch up in that fight.


M
 
That isn't an A6. It's an artist's rendering of one that doesn't look anything like the real one.

Even the E60 is a better car than the C6 A6. Audi is still playing catch up in that fight.


M

Whoops. I thought that was the A6 that will be on sale next year.

Well the A6 is an Audi...

Which means...? Up and down I think Audi has a much better looking line-up. Or maybe its just how much I dislikes BMW's designs in the last 4-5 years.
 
Whats a prizon?


You call the A6 dull compared to the F10? :eek:

Spelling mistake there. It should be prison which is a jail.

Yeah A6 is dull to me. The previous A8 and the current A4 looks good to me. I have no idea how the new A6 would look like but I hope it's not gonna be a much cloned A4. At least I'd say BMW make the 5er based on the 3er and the 7er rather than Audi which used a design of the A4 and larger it to become an A8 which is, nothing special. They also make the A5 Sportsback which is very good but again, very similar to the A4. Owh that picture is no closer to the A6, look at the design language of the A4 and the new A8 and it will look a bit same ;)
 
no, do not want. it's bloated and pig-nosed just like the X/M-lineup.. and will probably be heavier than moon.
 
LOL It was in hurry I believe. Plus, it's dangerous to take picture because it'd look obvious that you're taking pic of the car. You can go to a prizon if you do that.
There's no law that states you cannot take photos of an object that is out in public.

Whats a prizon?

Really? Didn't know that.
And how is your Malay?

Give him a break. He's obviously not using his first language.
 
There's no law that states you cannot take photos of an object that is out in public.

And how is your Malay?

Give him a break. He's obviously not using his first language.

Did I do something wrong?? Of course I'm not using my first language. Prison is a jail. Why mate?? In Malay we call it as 'Penjara'.

There is no law of that but it's very wrong to take pictures of an incomplete car like the one I show you there but I have no Idea if you can now. Do you watch Fifth Gear in this episode where Vicky Butler Handerson pretends to be a Spy Shotter of a test mule?? It's wrong. Police are all over the place when she captured an Incomplete Land Rover that is still covered with plastic fat body or something that they call it.
 
Did I do something wrong?? Of course I'm not using my first language. Prison is a jail. Why mate?? In Malay we call it as 'Penjara'.
The 2nd part of my post was aimed at Prosthetic, which is why I quoted him. He was picking on your spelling of prison, and I was asking him if he can speak Malay. I know you're not using English as a first language which is why I was defending you.
 
The 2nd part of my post was aimed at Prosthetic, which is why I quoted him. He was picking on your spelling of prison, and I was asking him if he can speak Malay. I know you're not using English as a first language which is why I was defending you.

Owh owkey sorry and thanks for defending me ;)👍 I'm very sorry...
 
Back