BMW Shoots for the Sky with the New F10

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 208 comments
  • 34,761 views

Do you like the rendering??

  • Yes

    Votes: 65 63.7%
  • No

    Votes: 37 36.3%

  • Total voters
    102
Finally! The 2011 F10/F11 M-Sport package is here!

f10-m-sport-1.jpg


f10-m-sport-2.jpg


f10-m-sport-6.jpg


BMW-5er-F10-F11-M-Sportpaket-Interieur.jpg


The photos were captured from a dealership brochure and it reveals some of the things we have already expected. In combination with 19 inch wheels, the M-Sport package offers a more aggresive without overdoing it. The new front-bumper enhances the imposing look of the new 5er and adds extra sportiness to it.

At the rear, the colored diffuser and newly designed rear-bumper bring the same sportiness as mentioned above.

Although the aerodynamic functionality of the diffuser is unlikely to be present, the new rear apron provides a wider look to the Touring and most likely the same for the sedan model. With the M Sport package, we also have a special design of the tail pipes, painted in dark chrome.

BMW also offers a choice between the M light alloy wheels double spoke 350 M in 18-inch format and the pictured wheels double spoke 351 M in 19 inches.

Inside, we have the usual sports seats, an M leather steering wheel and the roof lining in anthracite for more sportiness. Of course, there are also special interior trim, including a new one: Aluminum Hexagon.

The M-Sport packages usually include suspension upgrades, but no official information are available at the moment. M-Sport package can be combined with seven different exterior colours.

The 2011 BMW 5 Series M Sport will make its debut this fall at the Paris Motor Show.

More coming up soon!

[Pictures from BMWBLOG.COM]
 
M sport package on a diesel 👍 335d please hehe
 
Is this the new 3-series?
 
Wow, it has been sooo long since the last shot... Anyways, new one ;)

Erlk-nig-BMW-M5-r900x600-C-f5380565-300604.jpg


[Source= Auto motor und sport via BMWBlog.]

This just looks like the design team for Dell laptops had some free time to screw up a nice car's paint job :indiff:

Jerome
 
This just looks like the design team for Dell laptops had some free time to screw up a nice car's paint job :indiff:

Jerome

Umm, its called camo.

Most test cars have it...
 
M-Sport package looks good. I just looked at the 535i Saturday & since Classic is anxious to get me into one, I might have to have this package put on.
 
It's just too big!

And I too hate those new eyelash headlamps
 
It's just too big!

And I too hate those new eyelash headlamps

I've seen the real one not the M-Sport it looks kind of still not really that big, like an E60 size but when the car parks beside the E39, the size difference really obvious.

Unfortunately for you, all new BMW models will have those eyelash headlamps and I seem to find no problem with it. I used to have a problem with the E60's eyebrow because it looks too menacing and bla bla bla... But at the end of the day, that makes the sexiest of the car! ;)👍

Jump_Ace
This just looks like the design team for Dell laptops had some free time to screw up a nice car's paint job

That's what we called camouflage. It is used to cover up some of the details on the car such as lines etc. to prevent it to be obvious to the public, spy shotters and to all other car companies.

They don't just add those camo, they in fact also put up some plastic body or known as fat body to cover up the lower part of the bumper, doors and even the boot by drilling on to the car.

At the end of the day, these testing cars will end up in a special grave for test mule cars.

_________________________________________________________________

The saloon native rendering of the M-Sport version finally made its way into the internet...

f10-msport-photoshop-1-large.jpg


f10-msport-photoshop-2-large.jpg


The one right here has no M-Sport skirt on, unlike the one I posted with the Touring native. Also this one has a chrome lining while M-Sport doesn't have chrome instead a black lining. If you look at the rear bumper, the Saloon version will not getting that Red fog kind of thingy like the one on the Touring. The rims are also different and the ride height will be lower by a couple of mm. Anyway, good one by Theo and I think in a couple of days to come, we will have the most accurate one!
 
Last edited:
Right on time guys, 1st of July and the M-Sport package for the F10 5er has just been unveiled!

Exterior shots


f10-msport-1.jpg


f10-msport2.jpg


f10-msport-3.jpg


f10-msport-4.jpg


f10-msport-6.jpg


Interior shot

f10-msport-7.jpg


f10-msport-9.jpg


More info will be up soon!

[Pictures courtesy of 5Post]
 
Last edited:
I saw the new 5-series in Houston last week. I actually really liked the way it looked!
 
Another Great Success on the way... 👍

The E-Class and the 5 are dueling hard... no other cars is able to throw them off-course... :P

Right down to their smart names calling for their two most popular cars size
:
BM 3-Series = MB Class-C (third letter of the alphabet)
BM 5-Series = MB Class-E (fifth letter of the alphabet)

I am falling in love again with the 5, with each new generation...
 
I'm still not over-enamoured with the new 5er's styling, but it's at least tasteful and handsome. I've seen a few on the road and it looks modern, if not something that stands out. I think both the 3er and 7er are more successfully styled.
 
Do want. WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Then stance.
 
First impression on the styling was that it was a little too anonymous compared to the previous eagle-eye 5-series.

But I'm getting to like it.

Give me one with the 35d (3 liter twin-turbo diesel) please. And no runflats. My doctor advises against them. :lol:
 
The funny thing with that body kit is that it doesn't look like anything special at all.
 
The funny thing with that body kit is that it doesn't look like anything special at all.

Well the E60 M-Sport body kit wasn't special at all too... But I have a sense that this one is a little bit better than what BMW gave us for the E60 M-Sport Package. I already fallen in love with the new 5er despite the blandness of the design. This car is just very good ;)

EDIT: Alpina has also made its way into the internet with their all new Alpina B5 Bi-Turbo.

alpinab5171010101357692.jpg


alpinab5171010101358895.jpg


[Pictures courtesy of Alpina]
 
Last edited:
Well the E60 M-Sport body kit wasn't special at all too... But I have a sense that this one is a little bit better than what BMW gave us for the E60 M-Sport Package. I already fallen in love with the new 5er despite the blandness of the design. This car is just very good ;)

Regarding the E60 M-Sport kit, it wasn't too bad - it was very similar in design to the actual M5, so I guess you'd call that fairly special.

My concern for the F10 is that it's no longer the handler it once was. From the reviews I've read it seems that BMW have toned down the zest of the model and made it more comfortable and more refined - to bring the car closer to the E-Class.

The M-Sport ones might go some way to fixing that though.
 
Regarding the E60 M-Sport kit, it wasn't too bad - it was very similar in design to the actual M5, so I guess you'd call that fairly special.

My concern for the F10 is that it's no longer the handler it once was. From the reviews I've read it seems that BMW have toned down the zest of the model and made it more comfortable and more refined - to bring the car closer to the E-Class.

The M-Sport ones might go some way to fixing that though.

Indeed it was a bit closer to the M5 but owkey as you said, I might consider it as fairly special nothing big :)

That in fact, is everybody's concern nowadays that BMW is getting a bit away from what it was some time ago. I actually agree they make it a bit more comfortable but still have the agile driving dynamics. I am very sure with this new M-Sport, with M Suspension might handle better than the normal Suspension kit. I don't like the E-Class because it looks and feels a bit too, soft? It doesn't have something like what BMW 5er have.

But trust me, M-Sport package is going to fix all the dissapointment ;)

EDIT: We have yet to see the 550i M-Sport package which include I think, different exhaust tips and interior trim.
 
I think BMW draws the whole car except for the rear and then gets bored and gives it to some intern to finish.

Such a horrible back for a great looking car.
 
My Brother-in-law got his 530d last week and I had a go in it when I was up there Monday night.

It's got plenty of kit... 8 speed box, all the electronic suspension options, sat nav with Google maps etc etc.

Couldn't really say it to James, but I'm really not convinced by the exterior styling on the new 5er. His is metallic black, 18's and has ivory leather with piano black dash inserts, and it just looks a bit bland and blobby. The interior is fabulous though... a huge step on from the last model and match for the best Audis IMO.

To drive however, it's still an absolute joy. The 8 speed gearbox (with paddles) is particularly superb. In the softer of the suspension settings, it's limo comfy, and it the firmest it feels sharp and agile. I'd say in the hardest setting it feels somewhere as stiff as my father-in-laws 530d m-sport, but with a much better ride.

Just a shame it looks so bland.
 
The Alpina B5 is quite known for being an alternative to the more expensive and higher performance M5, but still differentiate itself from the known as fatest saloon in the world elements such as the quad tailpipes and much bigger air vents.

Under the hood the B5 carries the current V8 engine from BMW, which is also used in the ALPINA B7. The engine found in the B5 carries the internal designation N63 and has its power output set to 507 horsepower and maximum torque of 700 Nm. The powerplant is matted to a modified version of ZF’s eight-speed automatic gearbox.

Top speed is set to be limited to 191 mph and the car runs dash in only 4.7 seconds.

ALPINA claims the B5 offers class-leading fuel economy and CO2 emissions, at 26.1mpg (combined) and 252g/km respectively.

Overall it does sounds really good but the price is expected to be around £70,000 and first delivery is exected to be in autumn.
 
This is getting better and better...

With the previous generation 5er,
its design shocked most of us all... but i love it now... because overtime, i have learned to like it, it grew on me... and i still feel the design is very much modern and contemporary...

With this new generation 5er,
its design is more conservative, more relax, and less shocking...
and i am liking more and more ...


550i Xdrive
p90062169highres-copy.jpg


I love this dark blue color since the e46!! that's my favorite color.

p90062165highres.jpg
 
Last edited:
After seeing that last post, I think the hood looks a little too busy. The rest of the car is nice looking, if a little boring.
 
Well I just sometimes don't understand why people are ranting off just because the F10 looks like the E90 while it sort of both E90 and a bit of E39.

If you just look back to years before the Bangle Era comes to BMW, try to look at the E36 and the E39. They look similar eh?? Maybe it has a bit of the cues in E46.

Simply there's no point ranting off... I like the new design that BMW cook for us IF a little bit bland. I must say, these people are pretty much have less knowledge about BMWs design.
 
The 2012 BMW M5 has finally reached the final stage of testing. The concept is rumoured to be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show next March and the full production product in September.

08_08_F10_M5_01_1920.jpg


Based on the first picture, all I can tell is the usual BMW M fascia which shows the aggressive front-end which includes the usual aggressive bumper and large air intake. The hood features the same sporty look with concave and convex shapes, the V-forming creases that enhance its sportiness.

08_08_F10_M5_04_1920.jpg


That Audi says, ''Owh my, I am sooo going down this time :nervous:..''. That eyelid looks really aggresive!

08_08_F10_M5_05_1920.jpg


As usual, BMW M quad exhaust pipes and the wider rear fenders visually enhance the M5’s road presence.

08_08_F10_M5_07_1920.jpg


The BMW M rear boot-lid spoiler...

08_08_F10_M5_09_1920.jpg


The brakes, bigger one. That rims as I understand will be the one to present on the concept and the final product. Looks very nice in my opinion...

08_08_F10_M5_10_1920.jpg


The seats right there, is also the seats that's going to be on the Concept and may be in the production product. Still equiped with the cheesy Active seat bolster just like in the E60 M5. Sadly, no proper handbrake. All electronic :(

08_08_F10_M5_12_1920.jpg


The interior, dashboard and stuffs. Owh, do you see that big red button on the dashboard? That's going to be the next M Button :sly:

wd49arb5.jpg


Owkey here's a closer look into the cluster. Do you see the RPM gauge on the left with an M in it? Yes that's the RPM gauge and it seems like the yellow strip is around 6500RPM - 7200RPM and redline starts at 7300RPM onwards. Well owkey that's turbo engine... Forget the sound of the NA V10.

There was a talk in the M5Board.com forum regarding the engine of this car. The F10 M5 should've been here like months ago as a concept but it has been delayed until next year because of the move to the V8TT and that means, they were ACTUALLY working on a V10TT (unknown power figure) before a late decision to go a step backwards to the V8TT. As for the reason is what we don't know. So as of now, still sticks with the V8TT not the one found in the X6M/X5M but rather a similar one but more powerful producing around 580 horsepower and 530 lb-of torque.
 
Not a problem... I've never really liked the sound of the V10. I mean it's hard-edged and pulse-pounding... but it's not really anything aurally special compared to a good V8 or V12.
 
I.. I like that sedan.:O especially the side profile.
 
Back