BMW Shoots for the Sky with the New F10

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 208 comments
  • 34,761 views

Do you like the rendering??

  • Yes

    Votes: 65 63.7%
  • No

    Votes: 37 36.3%

  • Total voters
    102
In black, slammed over some huge wheels, this would look amazing. It's fairly basic in it's design but it has a certain air of elegance about it that I like.
 
I'm not sure what to think of this new 5er.

Like many, I didn't like the E60 when it came out. However, it has grown on me significantly over time and through actually seeing it in person.

So, my first impressions of the F10:
It looks a little bit dull. I was expecting an evolution of the E60, but this appears to be a reversion to a more conservative style. In picture, it appears all too similar to the upcoming 7 Series. The M5 render helps out a bit, but only as much as bumpers, wheels, and skirts can.

The car definitely has some attractive lines, but the rear end just looks big. Needs slightly larger headlights and slightly smaller taillights - The outline of an E46 taillight would look better on this F10.


In non-M guise, I'd say that both the E-Class and the A6 look a bit better then the Bimmer.

The interior, I will note, looks superb.
 
Seems to me they want to conquer Asia with this new 5-series. The design is rather bland imo, completely lacks the road presence of the E60 or an A6.

On a more positive note, the interior does appeal to me. Seems a step up from the current model.
 
Owkey guys, as promised new one ;)

M5BOARDBMWF10M5-655x436.jpg


There are 2 more in BMWBLOG.com but none of them are closer to the spy shots.

Rendering by Jon Sibal

[Source = BMWBLOG.com]
 
Last edited:
It will kill the ES and the CTS in design, but the car will depend on the driver.
 
The ES... As in the Lexus ES? I sincerely hope you mean E-class.

In that sense, I'd hope the F10 tops both of them since, you know, its a new car and all. However, all things considered, the Epsilon-II CTS and the new E-class are both excellent vehicles that still have fairly lengthy life cycles ahead of them.
 
You're gonna have to save the file & upload it somewhere else.

Because all that essential "no hotlinking" photo is doing is telling us to go to a site where we then, have to become members to still see the photo.
 
You can copy the link and paste it into a separate window.
Code:
http://forums.5series.net/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-27363-1261171149_thumb.jpg
 
The ES... As in the Lexus ES? I sincerely hope you mean E-class.

Yes, the Lexus ES. If it's the E-class from Mercedes Benz, the new E-Class shares the body style of the Maybach 57 and 62 which Daimler AG owns both Mercedes Benz and Maybach. Yes, the new BMW 5-series will beat the new E-Class in design as well. The front and back of the 5-series is the nicest of all. The competitors are just ugly or outdated.

I don't know if this is a rumor or not, the new M5 may come with 600HP V8 Twin Turbo to eliminate the latest CTS-V. I'll get my pants wet if BMW is planning to do it.
 
Why would anyone compare a gussied-up Camry with a 5-series? I've yet to understand your comparison here... Are you thinking of the more legitimate GS comparison?
 
You know, I was thinking about that, but I noticed the ES is front wheel drive. Yeah, the new 5-series should compare with the GS. The GS sucks though especially the upcoming GS-F.
 
Spring 2010 cannot come soon enough for the BMW fans. The newest and latest 5 Series is due to launch and this could be one of the most exciting models released in 2010. The F10 5 Series was unveiled back in November and it as has so far received fairly positive reviews from automotive magazines around the world. Here is another one spotted on the streets of Munich...



[Source= [URL="http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/12/27/2011-bmw-5-series-spotted-on-the-streets-of-munich/"]BMWBLOG.com[/URL]]
 
I'd like to meet the genius who looked at those lights and gave them the go-ahead. Fugly.
 
The latest Cadillac CTS is uglier than that. The tail-lights from the 5er are not that bad.
 
Eh, not really. I've seen reflective inserts in lights that look worse than that.
 
Yes, the Lexus ES.

The Lexus ES wasn't even made to compete with this car. :dunce:

I'd like to meet the genius who looked at those lights and gave them the go-ahead. Fugly.

Exactly. I thought companies stopped using tail lights that covered the whole back of the car back in the 90's. It looks like someone forgot to design the reverse lights and they put them there in the last minute.
 
So I'm the only one who things the rear end does an excellent job of looking good and professional? I think that rear end looks fantastic.
 
The rear isn't that bad, if anything, a bit too "normal." Well, I mean BMW "normal." Reminds me of the 3-series back there.
 
Me too. The tail lights carry on the "eagle-eye" look of the previous generation... only this time, it's on the other end.
 
TVC
The Lexus ES wasn't even made to compete with this car. :dunce:

I know since you didn't read my last two posts here.
 
Its still somewhat concerning that you, OneEyedPimp20, would even consider comparing an ES to any BMW, especially in the light of knowing that you are apparently a pretty big BMW fan.
 
Last edited:
So I'm the only one who things the rear end does an excellent job of looking good and professional? I think that rear end looks fantastic.

+1... The rear end is by far one of the best I think. Anyways, at the end of the day it all comes down people's opinion.
 
Its still somewhat concerning that you, OneEyedPimp20, would even consider comparing an ES to any BMW, especially in the light of knowing that you are apparently a pretty big BMW fan.

I don't think BMW even makes a car that is in the same class as the ES really. Do they?

Either way he did correct himself in a later post.
 
It looks too much like the previous 7 series to me. I hope the new M5 changes all of that.
 
Last edited:
Its still somewhat concerning that you, OneEyedPimp20, would even consider comparing an ES to any BMW, especially in the light of knowing that you are apparently a pretty big BMW fan.

Not exactly. I do love Lotus though. Anyways, I did correct myself in the earlier post.
 
Wow, it has been sooo long since the last shot... Anyways, new one ;)

Erlk-nig-BMW-M5-r900x600-C-f5380565-300604.jpg


[Source= Auto motor und sport via BMWBlog.]
 
Back