BMW Vision GT VLN 2hr Endurance - Rematch Sunday, Mar 8 @ 17:00 GMTFinished 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 187 comments

What day of the week should the race take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Canada
Ottawa, ON
kelrick85
ZFLue_Za_Xu_Wd4_OYy_BRn_0.jpg

Hello,

I will have a 2 hour endurance single race, as a test and a starting point with hope to take this further to a multi-race series if there is enough interest.

[Club Information]

BMW Vision GT Club : ID 1024237

Note: The room will be set to Club Members Only - please sign up to the club (it is a public club)

[Rules]

Car: BMW Vision GT, no tuning allowed. RH tires only
Track: Nürburgring Type V
Time: 12:00-16:00 with 2x time progression (2 hours)
Weather: 0% / no weather changeability
Grid: 16 spots - 8 black / 8 white

Assists: All off except ABS
Tire wear/ fuel: Normal
Grip eduction on track edge: Real
Slipstream strength: Weak
Damage: heavy
Penalty: None

[Times]

REMATCH - Sunday, March 8th

Room Open: 16:00 GMT
Qualifying: 16:40 GMT
Race Start: 17:00 GMT

[Qualifying]

Format: Race alone
Start type: Final corner start
Time limit: 20 minutes

[Track Limits]

Partially copied from WRS guideline:

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which is 10 seconds per instance, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries.

If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Red and White rumbles, gray cobblestones, and tarmac are track.
  • Do not cross the white pit-in and pit-out lines.

[Use of a Pause Button (ghosting)]

The race is run with heavy damages on. However, the damages can be circumvented by pressing a pause button and ghosting yourself before colliding with the wall or another vehicle. This is useful in a tightly packed situation where a car getting out of control may affect other innocent, unwary vehicles nearby, but at the same time it is unrealistic and defeats the purpose of having the heavy damage in the first place.

For this reason, the use of pause button is permitted only on the first lap, but thereafter the use of the pause button will result in 30 seconds penalty.

[Starting Procedure]

There is a partial formation lap, with the same procedure as CORE VLN races (See below for the video - starting from around 0:33). The starting grid is based on the qualifying result. No passing is allowed until the leading vehicle crosses the start line. The start line is where the overhanging beam is after the Bit-Kurve (See the image below). There are no pace car, but the leading vehicle will pace at 100kph (62mph). Approaching the start line, the cars should take double file formation. The race begins when the leading vehicle crosses the start line.

512px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-1984-GP.svg.png

[Points]

Individual Points:

1st - 50 points
2nd - 40 points
3rd - 30 points
4th - 25 points
5th - 20 points
6th - 16 points
7th - 14 points
8th - 12 points
9th - 10 points
10th - 8 points
11th - 6 points
12th - 5 points
13th - 4 points
14th - 3 points
15th - 2 points
16th - 1 point
DNF - 0 point

Team Points: Sum of the top 6 drivers from each team will contribute to the team point. The team that has the highest point is the winner.

---
More informations will be posted here when available. Please post to the thread if you have questions, suggestions! Thank you

Last edited:
Driver List

Spots available - 2 ( 1 Black / 1 White)

Please sign up with your PSN name by posting to this thread.

QG9_FR7vt_RCE4_P1_Wz2_G_0.jpg

[black team]
1 - kelrick85 / kelrick85 *
2 - Glenalz81 / Glen-Alz-81 *
3 - rclark83 / rclark83 *
4 - rono_thomas / rono_Thomas
5 - ProSonic83 / ProSonic83
6 - w-e-g / GTP_w-g-e
7 - Mires / iMires *
8 - OPEN

qb_Nw_Pf_Su_Vxu0_Hn9_BO_0.jpg

[white team]
1 - SmileyWRX / SmileyWRX
2 - TGR_Kefran / Flying_Kefran
3 - EWeinbauer / EWeinbauer *
4 - RS__96__oO / RS__96__oO
5 - Otune / Otune13 *
6 - Leoni Dias / infodevil
7 - Mike458 / pp-123
8 - OPEN

[Reserve]
Furinkazen
FutureF1

* - confirmed for rematch

Last edited:
February 21st Results

Qualifier
Code:
P       Driver                  Team    Time            Gap
1.      Glen-Alz-81             B       7:52.192        -
2.      rono_thomas             B       7:53.196        1.004
3.      GTP_w-g-e               B       7:53.993        1.801
4.      rclark83                B       7:54.465        2.273
5.      gkgamer                 W       8:09.002        16.810
6.      iMires                  B       8:13.820        21.628
7.      kelrick85               B       8:20.337        28.145
8.      SmileyWRX               W       DNF
9.      EWeinbauer              W       DNF
10.     RS__96__oO              W       DNF

Race
Code:
P       Driver                  Team    Laps            Gap
1.      RS__96__oO              W       14 laps         -
2.      kelrick85               B       14 laps         48.159
3.      gkgamer                 W       14 laps         1:05.148
4.      iMires                  B       12 laps         2 laps
5.      rono_thomas             B       11 laps         3 laps
6.      GTP_w-g-e               B       7 laps          7 laps

March 8th Results

Graphics courtesy of @Mires

Qualifier
0a-rematch-quali-jpg.326302

Race
0a-rematch-race-jpg.326604

Last edited:
Maybe try and get a date set, for people to plan ahead :)

Thanks for joining!

I added a poll to see when people are available. Also I suggest 3PM Eastern (I think 8PM GMT?) to have the public room open.

I had in mind for this race to happen towards the end of January / February

rclark83 psn and gtp black team please :)

Added to the list 👍

I did a quick drive around the track in untuned VGT. The time was 8:02.xx. I hope my time isn't too far off from yours, otherwise I have a lot of practice to do! Although, since the damage is set to heavy, safe and cautious driving is more important than the fastest lap time, otherwise you will be limping back to the pits a lot!

Created a room just for run: BMW Vision GT Only VLN

Same setting as event, except for light mech damage

room ID: [CLOSED]

Come and join if you're interested!

Last edited:
PSN FutureF1
GTP FutureF1

BMW vision GT (White)

This could be some good practice for the N24! I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

PSN: pp-123
GTP: Mike458

I'll be interested in this, I just need to see what dates work for me. I'll take a white car.

Driver list updated. Spaces left: 4 white / 4 black. Thanks for a good response. I'll set the date soon.

This could be some good practice for the N24! I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

When is this N24 race? I will plan to have this race before your big day :-)

OP updated with the followings changes:

- the penalty is set to none (from weak). Any incidents will be reviewed after the race with the replays.
- tire, fuel wear set to fast (from normal). This car is pretty fuel efficient, so with 2x time progression, this makes more sense
- Added more information on the rules (if you can think of something to add/amend, please post here)
- Added information on qualifying
- Added information on first lap (formation lap). I may end up not doing this. The issue is that it adds extra 20 or so minutes to the time, and there is no option to do 2.5 hour endurance race. One possibility is to make the race a little longer to 3 hours, but Not sure what people think about that. Open for discussion!

Any feedbacks/suggestions will be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have experiences organizing races!

How about Saturday February 21st 17:00 GMT (12:00 Eastern)? One week before the N24?

Open for dicussion.
Unfortunately this falls 3 hours before my CORE Super GT N24 Buildup race. I'd prefer not to miss it but If the race is only 2 hours long, that should give me a decent enough break before that.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I think Saturday works for most of you. The time is still not 100%

Unfortunately this falls 3 hours before my CORE Super GT N24 Buildup race. I'd prefer not to miss it but If the race is only 2 hours long, that should give me a decent enough break before that.

Wow, you're a busy guy. I could move the event 1h or 2 earlier, but not too early, in case there are people from the West (are there?) who will have to get up early.

PS. It seems as though I can't delete or modify the polls I created. It's too bad because it's no longer relevant and would be nice to have a different poll.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I think Saturday works for most of you. The time is still not 100%

Wow, you're a busy guy. I could move the event 1h or 2 earlier, but not too early, in case there are people from the West (are there?) who will have to get up early.

PS. It seems as though I can't delete or modify the polls I created. It's too bad because it's no longer relevant and would be nice to have a different poll.
I'm in EST so the time is right in the middle of the day, which is fine for me. As long as the race is only 2 hours, I should be OK. Thanks!

@kelrick85 Should we do what CORE does in the formation lap and just only have a partial formation lap in order to save time like in the VLN? There is an overhang coming out of the two long corners and onto the straight. The starting line is that overhang.

@kelrick85 Should we do what CORE does in the formation lap and just only have a partial formation lap in order to save time like in the VLN? There is an overhang coming out of the two long corners and onto the straight. The starting line is that overhang.

Good plan. This way we can still keep the 2hr format. For those who are unclear with it, here is a video (from 0:33)

The only difference is we won't have a pace car that leads it. The leading car will be responsible for keeping the proper pace. By the way, is this what is actually done in VLN in real life?

I'll wait for others who wants to weigh in before setting The date and time "officially" (February 21st at 17:00 GMT)

Latest Posts

Back