BMW Vision GT VLN 2hr Endurance - Rematch Sunday, Mar 8 @ 17:00 GMTFinished 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 187 comments

What day of the week should the race take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know that too well... I completely forgot about the race today, sorry guys...

Only had an hours' sleep through last night due to the Bathurst 12hr, then into work today...tbh even if I did make it my head woulda been too pickled to negotiate the nurb...not even sure I've fully recovered from last weeks N24...but hey all in the name of good racing.

I'm still interested in a series though, The whole two team thing as well as individual 👍....we'll need to keep the thread alive to gain more interest then bang open a new thread for sign ups.

Sorry again

Seemed like bad timing for a lot of the guys involved, i'm sure with the right schedule everyone here is still up for this to happen.

Sorry, I had to quit the race.

Last edited:
Results from today

Today's race was much smaller than previous, mostly because it was right after the GTP Bathurst 12hour Endurance race. I guess this is in general busy time of the year for GTP members, and with the time shift in North America, it was not the best day to have the race. Alas, the show must go on :cool:

The room was set up correctly this time (Boost = OFF!), and only a small technical hiccup with qualifying (the qualifier had to be restarted due to network disconnect), the race went smoothly. I don't think there are any incidents to report for the race.

Photos to come soon

Only had an hours' sleep through last night due to the Bathurst 12hr, then into work today...tbh even if I did make it my head woulda been too pickled to negotiate the nurb...not even sure I've fully recovered from last weeks N24...but hey all in the name of good racing.

I'm still interested in a series though, The whole two team thing as well as individual 👍....we'll need to keep the thread alive to gain more interest then bang open a new thread for sign ups.

Sorry again

Seemed like bad timing for a lot of the guys involved, i'm sure with the right schedule everyone here is still up for this to happen.

Not sure if you (or any of you Reapers) have seen the thread for the BMW VGT series (link). It will be a series of 6 races, 90 min to 2 hour race with the BMW VGT (tuning allowed). Check it out! 👍

I dunno what happened to me but this was probably the worst race i ever had. 1st quali i got a black screen, in the beginning of race, every single lap i got a motor damaged in early stages of a course. Concentration loss, till lap 6 i think, was an out lap and my first under 10min lap. :D next lap was the fastest, but again took damage on 2 wheels. Since then again pit in every lap. In total - 9 pits out of 11 laps(last lap i wsnt, coz i waited to time pass the 2h limit and went through but it said this is last lap), negative record of my race career. I thought about leaving after few bad laps, but then i told myself that it would be worse to do so, so i struggled till the end. :embarrassed: I was a bit in hurry so i needed to disconnect and i am ashamed of that, sorry to all. :embarrassed:

Congrats Otune for the win, rclark and kelrick to fill the podium.

I dunno what happened to me but this was probably the worst race i ever had. 1st quali i got a black screen, in the beginning of race, every single lap i got a motor damaged in early stages of a course. Concentration loss, till lap 6 i think, was an out lap and my first under 10min lap. :D next lap was the fastest, but again took damage on 2 wheels. Since then again pit in every lap. In total - 9 pits out of 11 laps(last lap i wsnt, coz i waited to time pass the 2h limit and went through but it said this is last lap), negative record of my race career. I thought about leaving after few bad laps, but then i told myself that it would be worse to do so, so i struggled till the end. :embarrassed: I was a bit in hurry so i needed to disconnect and i am ashamed of that, sorry to all. :embarrassed:

Congrats Otune for the win, rclark and kelrick to fill the podium.

I saw you took a break in the middle too. Probably did good to regroup. I'm glad you stuck around until the end. Don't be a quitter 👍

Yay podium finish, with one lap down :boggled:

Rematch results is updated. @Mires helped me with the graphics. I hope you like it!

Yes, i needed that break. Although it didnt helped with driving, it helped calming me down a bit :)

Back