BMW Vision GT VLN 2hr Endurance - Rematch Sunday, Mar 8 @ 17:00 GMTFinished 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 187 comments

What day of the week should the race take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing about the track limits? Apart from that the OP looks great.👍
I love anything Nürburgring, so I had to sign up.

PSN-name: GTP_w-g-e
GTP-name: w-g-e
Team black

A suggestion: it may be better to go with the best 6 or 5 drivers from each team for the team points, because of no-shows and disconnects.

Team black

A suggestion: it may be better to go with the best 6 or 5 drivers from each team for the team points, because of no-shows and disconnects.
Gonna be a crushing race, if you're joining, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Team black

Track limit is 2 wheels on the non grass part of the track (curbs included). I think this is the "official" regulation by most GTP races? And obviously no contact, no dive bombing etc.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will edit the OP with the track limits and about the team points when I get a chance. In a meanwhile, I added you to the list 👍

Track limit is 2 wheels on the non grass part of the track (curbs included). I think this is the "official" regulation by most GTP races? And obviously no contact, no dive bombing etc.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will edit the OP with the track limits and about the team points when I get a chance. In a meanwhile, I added you to the list 👍
If you want you can take the rules from a WRS online race at this circuit and include them in the OP. Here is a link to our last race at the Nürburgring. You can copy the rules under Standard Clean OLR Rules apply and edit them where necessary.

OP updated with the track limit information and updated team points addition.

Thank you to everyone for feedbacks and very good suggestions. Please continue to give feedbacks if something is not quite right. :gtpflag:

@Furinkazen Will you be able to participate on the date set? You said Thursday is the only day you're available, is it still the case?

If anyone else have date/time conflict, please let me know 👍 :cheers:

@Furinkazen Will you be able to participate on the date set? You said Thursday is the only day you're available, is it still the case?

If anyone else have date/time conflict, please let me know 👍 :cheers:

Yep and even then thats looking less likely by day :mad:

Can one of those who are more experienced in GT6 online races tell me the procedure for damaged car returning to pits? I vaguely remember reading something about this in one of the online series, but don't remember which. I think this is an important piece of information that should be included in OP.

Thanks in advance,

That will depend on the series that you are racing in. CORE and usually many other race series have the policy of driving your car on the side of the track that the pit lane is on, although this is not followed usually and most people just nurse the car home with damage. They also (obviously) let faster cars by. However, if we're going by GTP Endurance Series Rules, we would activate "Limp Home Mode", which is basically pausing the game and letting the AI take control of the car. However, this can be easily exploited by pausing the game before you crash into the wall and taking no damage because of pausing.

Thanks for the info. I guess the best option is to use common sense and get to the pits safely without affecting others. Incident reports can sort things out if there is a problem.

Sneaky use of pause button to avoid damages! I propose the use of pause button during the race is banned then?

Thanks for the info. I guess the best option is to use common sense and get to the pits safely without affecting others. Incident reports can sort things out if there is a problem.

Sneaky use of pause button to avoid damages! I propose the use of pause button during the race is banned then?
If someone spins, it would be good to hit the brakes and use the pause button to avoid being a roadblock and possibly cause a collision. I think you would see it in the replay if someone uses the pause button to avoid damage, so I don't think you should ban the use of it.

You can argue either way, but having a ghost car doesn't add to the realism (avoiding a spun-out car is another part of racing, no?), and also it becomes about who can reach the pause button faster when you get out of control instead of trying to get back the control of the car, and defeats the purpose of having the heavy damage...

On the other hand, I also agree it will avoid unnecessary collisions on the first lap where cars are expected to be tightly packed. How about pause button is allowed on the first lap, and after that, the use of pause button specifically to avoid the damage (will see this in replay) will result in 30s penalty?

You can argue either way, but having a ghost car doesn't add to the realism (avoiding a spun-out car is another part of racing, no?), and also it becomes about who can reach the pause button faster when you get out of control instead of trying to get back the control of the car, and defeats the purpose of having the heavy damage...

On the other hand, I also agree it will avoid unnecessary collisions on the first lap where cars are expected to be tightly packed. How about pause button is allowed on the first lap, and after that, the use of pause button specifically to avoid the damage (will see this in replay) will result in 30s penalty?
That sounds good. 👍

You're completely right about the realism part, I didn't think of that at first. Since you've decided on the heavy damage I think your original proposal is fine. I like the use of it in the WRS online races, but I think those races are a lot more casual than what you're looking for here.

Sorry, that wasn't thought out well.:P

Edit: Arghh I did it again.:ouch: I'm so used to giving feedback about these things that I forgot I'm not part of the organisation of this race. I actually don't have a problem with any of your suggestions.

Last edited:
You're completely right about the realism part, I didn't think of that at first. Since you've decided on the heavy damage I think your original proposal is fine. I like the use of it in the WRS online races, but I think those races are a lot more casual than what you're looking for here.

Sorry, that wasn't thought out well.:P

Edit: Arghh I did it again.:ouch: I'm so used to giving feedback about these things that I forgot I'm not part of the organisation of this race. I actually don't have a problem with any of your suggestions.

In case it wasn't clear, I really appreciate your suggestions, especially since this is my first time organizing a race. I don't want to be the only one making up the rules, but rather come up with a rule as a group that everyone is happy with. In a sense, all of you are a part of the organizing team.

Having said that, this race is intended to be also casual, even though I like the realism. As you probably already know, I am neither experienced nor fast (just joined WRS and expect to be placed in D3, at best). I just like the organization part and I am learning as I go, but at the same time, have fun. I want the experience as the driver taking in part to be the same.

I hope to hear more feedbacks from you and everyone else throughout the course of next month until the actual race. I think I will host a test session in a near future (within the next week), and I'll open up to any changes to the regulations that might be necessary.

Once again, thanks for your inputs so far, they have been very helpful.

Edit: added a section explaining this rule in the OP.

Last edited:
Been a bit quiet in here. How about a test lobby this weekend? So that every driver can test with the others, and perhaps a test race over 3 laps to get a feeling for the car and track.

Yes, good idea. I've been thinking about it for a while but been rather busy. I should be able to spare a couple of hours to get a test session this weekend. How about Saturday at noon (5pm GMT)? I don't know what your preferred time is for people across the pond.

Edit:

Official track day: Saturday 31 Jan 2015 @ 17:00 GMT! If you are on the driver list, please try to be there! We will have practice sessions and end with a 3 lap race around the ring, with the proposed starting procedure.

Last edited:
A question before the track day tomorrow: should the fuel/tire wear set to normal (currently set to fast)?

I just did a test run and it seems like one would be pitting every other lap with fast, which I think may be too much. I may switch back to normal but will test this out tomorrow.

Hope to see you all then

Room open a little bit early in the club lobby

ID: CLOSED

Edit: nobody was able to make it. I guess people were busy this weekend with the GTP Daytona 24. We'll try to have another one sometime this week.

Last edited:
Room open a little bit early in the club lobby

ID: CLOSED

Edit: nobody was able to make it. I guess people were busy this weekend with the GTP Daytona 24. We'll try to have another one sometime this week.
Sorry about that, hope it works out better next time. I'm not able to race at all this weekend.

Back