BMW Vision GT VLN 2hr Endurance - Rematch Sunday, Mar 8 @ 17:00 GMTFinished 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 187 comments

What day of the week should the race take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems Saturday's in general has many events are involved in and so not a very good choice. Weekdays are hard in terms of work schedule for people both in Europe and North America. I think Sunday's are good options (I'm also thinking in terms of the full series that @RS__96__oO and @Mires are suggesting.

Thanks for considering the series. :cheers:

I suggest tentatively Sunday March 8th, at same time (noon EST /17:00 GMT).

Count me in, although it will be a close finish prior to next event i'll try to attend. Hope all goes well and We'll finish this one before the next one starts :dopey:

It seems Saturday's in general has many events are involved in and so not a very good choice. Weekdays are hard in terms of work schedule for people both in Europe and North America. I think Sunday's are good options (I'm also thinking in terms of the full series that @RS__96__oO and @Mires are suggesting.

I suggest tentatively Sunday March 8th, at same time (noon EST /17:00 GMT).

You are always welcome if you change your mind. These aren't ridiculously long races (I would say semi-endurance), just need to keep your composure for a couple of hours (which I agree is challenging).
On that sunday, are we going to start the series or have a "rematch" at Nurburgring? :)

On that sunday, are we going to start the series or have a "rematch" at Nurburgring? :)
I think thiss will be the re-match :)
edit: For series there will be more planning i guess and btw i can help with something if there's interest :)

February 21st Results

---

Some photos from the race:

N_rburgring_Type_V_0.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_1.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_2.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_3.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_4.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_5.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_6.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_7.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_8.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_9.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_10.jpg

N_rburgring_Type_V_11.jpg

The series posted here. Please check it out!

This will be a rematch. The rematch will be the same except turning the boost off and slipstream set to real. In the series I will allow tuning, and also limit the power to 500BHP (already changed my mind - Power will be the same), plus any other changes necessary.

I think thiss will be the re-match :)
edit: For series there will be more planning i guess and btw i can help with something if there's interest :)
Thanks for the support. I'm sure I will need a helping hand and will be happy to have one. I will send you a PM if something comes to mind, and you can do the same if you think of something :cheers:

Last edited:
Boost was on weak, you woulda caught up no probs. :P

I didnt know boost was on. I would of made it even worse, you all just would of felt like you had a parachute on the back of your car.

Can we tune the cars for the re-race? If not, Ill still give it another go. I just need a little more stability in the car.

Ill run in the series for sure. I really like this car, when its being nice to me.

I didnt know boost was on. I would of made it even worse, you all just would of felt like you had a parachute on the back of your car.

Can we tune the cars for the re-race? If not, Ill still give it another go. I just need a little more stability in the car.

Ill run in the series for sure. I really like this car, when its being nice to me.

I would like to keep the rematch tuning free. It will make the series more interesting and more of "a fresh start".

Yes, I think allowing tuning should make the car more suited to your own style, although it is already very good. It is by far my favourite Vision GT cars so far (likely of all VGTs)

I don't understand why turning on boost would slow down the leaders. That's a bit misleading on PD's part (that's not "boost"). It shouldn't penalize the leading car for being fast. That's ridiculous. Anyway, I know now not to turn that on. Ever. 👍

I hope you guys aren't sick of Nürburgring yet. Reminder of the rematch (with the CORRECT track set up) this Sunday at 17:00 GMT.

Let me know sooner than later if you are going to miss it.

Is the sign-up list updated yet? If not, please take me out of Reserve Status and move me to a spot on the White team.

Is the sign-up list updated yet? If not, please take me out of Reserve Status and move me to a spot on the White team.

Done. I think some of the people on the current list will not be joining, but waiting to confirm before pulling them out of the list.

Well, sorry again for ANOTHER schedule change, but I can confirm that I cannot make it for the race. I apologize for this.

Rematch practice room opened in the club

edit: room closed, thanks for joining Rick

Last edited:
@Glenalz81 @rclark83 @rono_thomas @ProSonic83 @w-g-e @SmileyWRX @TGR_Kefran @EWeinbauer @RS__96__oO @Otune @Leoni Dias @Mires

Reminder for tomorrow's race at 17:00GMT. Please let me know ASAP if you are going to miss it.

Hopefully I got everyone on the list! Also, check out the BMW Vision GT race series in the race series sub forum and sign up if interested.

Sorry Kelrick yesterdays Bathurst 12 hour has really taken its toll - need a break tomorrow to recharge sorry to pull out so late.

Sorry can`t be there tomorrow, working until 18:00.

Good luck guys 👍

Sorry Kelrick yesterdays Bathurst 12 hour has really taken its toll - need a break tomorrow to recharge sorry to pull out so late.

Sorry to hear that you will miss the race.

@Aaroh007 interested in joining the race?

Also, for those who are in North American time, because of the time shift that started today it is 1 hour off (for instance it will be 1pm Eastern instead of noon, check your local time)

Sorry mate, I've got school tomorrow and tons of work to do so no racing for me tonight, but if this happens in the future again, I'll definitely join you guys:tup: By the way, will this be up on Youtube?

Sorry guys :guilty: had a black screen on start of Quali :banghead: damn, PD, make something against!

Back