It's not going on a DTM car. It's going on a DTM Trophy car:This is really neat but man that's gonna be a terrible car to design a scheme on that will transfer over to a DTM car.
The shapes and aero bits on a DTM car kinda dictate how a scheme is designed for them, and this will not be of any help when it comes to designing it on a GT4 car.
It seems to be a competition aimed more at professionals that most average people imho. Pity. It looked like an interesting challenge. I look forward to seeing what wins.GRAPHICAL REQUIREMENTS.
– Participants design their liveries and upload everything in one common .zip folder onto: https://b.mw/m4gt4-liveryupload
– The folder must be named “YOUR LAST NAME_ YOUR FIRST NAME” (please use your real name).
– Please attach a document to your folder to identify you as the submitting artist containing your first name, last name and contact details.
– The design file must be uploaded in .tga format. What's that, I have no idea. Not heard of it before
– Entrants must also provide BMW Motorsport
with 2D/3D views of the car (.png or .jpeg format). They give you the flat 'exploded' view, how and where to get a 3D view!
– What is needed is the renderings of the car
(pixels), the exploded view .tga (pixels) and
all objects of the livery in vector format
(AI and/ or EPS).
– The colour space of the vector files must be
CMYK FOGRA 39 (ISO 12647-2:2004). What!
All fonts need to be uploaded if the design
– Participants must also be able to provide all
their logos, patterns and elements in vector,
even if they start designing in pixels.
– The areas marked in red for series sponsors must be respected when creating the design.