BODY RIGIDITY DETERIORATES WAY TOO FAST

• Thread starter dixonbaps
  • 294 comments
Is there anyway to move this thread to the main thread? I know I don't read some of these file threads but I feel as if it would get more attention...

I was thinking the same thing:

If a moderator is seeing this message can you please move this thread to the GT6 main discussion to give this major issue more attention?

Also, I think we should reply to PD/Kaz's twitter pages for a possible response on the issue.

EDIT: Just updated my signature so I can help spread the word. I hope some others do the same.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing:

If a moderator is seeing this message can you please move this thread to the GT6 main discussion to give this major issue more attention?

Also, I think we should reply to PD/Kaz's twitter pages for a possible response on the issue.
Can do on the twitter...

I have a feeling that "rigidity has begun to decrease" is not meant to imply "you must restore rigidity right now."

If it's anything like previous games, rigidity, along with HP, will begin to decrease at certain mileages, but decrease very slowly, to the point where fixing it right away would be foolish.

Can someone confirm that when this message comes up, the handling of the car actually feels severely compromised? I know that in GT5, you could tell if your engine had begun to wear if it would let you do an engine restore. However, complete engine damage took thousands of km to accumulate so unless you needed it at 100% there was rarely a reason to waste money on it.

I have a feeling that "rigidity has begun to decrease" is not meant to imply "you must restore rigidity right now."

If it's anything like previous games, rigidity, along with HP, will begin to decrease at certain mileages, but decrease very slowly, to the point where fixing it right away would be foolish.

Can someone confirm that when this message comes up, the handling of the car actually feels severely compromised? I know that in GT5, you could tell if your engine had begun to wear if it would let you do an engine restore. However, complete engine damage took thousands of km to accumulate so unless you needed it at 100% there was rarely a reason to waste money on it.

On the BENTLEY SPEED 8 it destroys the handling to the point that it is undrivable on tracks with corners. I have found also that the handling on any NASCAR car is also the effected but not half as bad as the Bentley. And besides the cost of Rigidity Restore on a NASCAR car is 250,000 credits, that's half the cost of the car, not a quarter like most of the other cars. It would be more cost efficient to sell your old one and buy a new one. And all this is done over just 350 or so miles. When the payout credits are so low this becomes a major problem.

Let's say you buy 2,000,000 in-game credits through micro-transactions then buy an in-game car at 2,000,000 credits and run it for just 350 miles and then it becomes undrivable because of the rigidity deterioration and you have hardly any in-game credits left to pay the 500k to get it restored. How would you feel that you spent all that real $$ to get the car then find that you can't run it any more without either paying more $$ for in-game credits or doing a major grinding session?

That's how it has gone for me, but I grinded for the Bentley not payed real $$. It's now in my garage awaiting a fix from PD. I already grinded for 500k to have it restored the first time to see if another 350 miles would affect it and it did.

I bought this game to enjoy driving not to torture myself with going round in circles for hours on end grinding the same race just so I can afford to run my cars.

It is kind of silly that my Mazda RX8 has around 950 miles on it but the oil is still good. The body though has warn out 3 times.

Super realistic this game.
It is microtransactions realistic. #4theplayers

Last edited:
It is kind of silly that my Mazda RX8 has around 950 miles on it but the oil is still good. The body though has warn out 3 times.

It sure is :confused:.

The "It's a simulator" argument doesn't really wash with me just because the Bentley Speed 8 is a Race Car or this happens in real life.
If I went out and bought a 1 Million dollar Bugatti from a showroom and then the suspension was shot after just 350 miles because of rigidity deterioration and then I had to cough-up the repair cost myself then I would be suing someone over it, not paying myself. All new road cars that I know of come with some kind of warranty that cover this kind of thing for at least 100,000 miles, not just 350 :crazy:

It sure is :confused:.

The "It's a simulator" argument doesn't really wash with me just because the Bentley Speed 8 is a Race Car or this happens in real life.
If I went out and bought a 1 Million dollar Bugatti from a showroom and then the suspension was shot after just 350 miles because of rigidity deterioration and then I had to cough-up the repair cost myself then I would be suing someone over it, not paying myself. All new road cars that I know of come with some kind of warranty that cover this kind of thing for at least 100,000 miles, not just 350 :crazy:

Check that warranty again that's for normal wear and tear ;) :lol: not track time. hehe

I think this is the issue. PD have confused the two. In GT5, it was at the 300 - 350 mile mark that my oil went off. The restore rigidity only became effective on cars that had done 10,000 miles +. I think we all really need to get this message to PD and get it sorted fast - it's not a big job, i'm sure they could produce a patch in a day for this.

PD should make it optional in the main menu. If you want a headache and ballache worrying about oil changes / body wear turn it on because it's more immersive. If you just want to drive and race nice cars turn it off.

PD have a nasty habit of 'knowing best' and choosing for you, like the SRF setting. It's disappointing but not a game breaker.

No game is perfect and I still love it / will keep playing it regardless. In fact, it's a bit too addictive...

Body rigidity on GT5 was making approx 5 to 10% difference on handling, noticeable on wheel and high end tune with"bad tires".
GT6 rigidity is making 40 to 50% difference to handling. Noticeable much easier.

PD should make it optional in the main menu. If you want a headache and ballache worrying about oil changes / body wear turn it on because it's more immersive. If you just want to drive and race nice cars turn it off.

If body wear could be turned off then I'm sure that everyone would do so to save on credits (and therefore real money) and keep the peak performance of their cars intact. I don't see this happening, though.

If it is like this it can actually be a bug, where the oil is rigidity and vice versa. Need fixing now!
(i dont feel that LMP car should need a body rigidity restoration after only 300 miles, it should be around 5000 miles at least and for quarter the price.

I think both rigidity rebuilds and oil changes should not be in the game. I have enough trouble tuning all my cars for the different tracks and classes to have everything go south without my knowing why.

I think both rigidity rebuilds and oil changes should not be in the game. I have enough trouble tuning all my cars for the different tracks and classes to have everything go south without my knowing why.

And that is a lot more realistic than driving 380 miles worrying your car is going to drop off a virtual handling cliff. Like Pirelli tyres in F1. Unless you spend 50% of it's value repairing it.

Last edited:
It's interesting to note that this is the only thread on the Internet discussing the rigidity wear issue for GT6, at least as far as I can Google-search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gt6 body rigidity restore

https://www.google.com/search?q=gt6 body rigidity

https://www.google.com/search?q=gt6 body rigidity issue
I wonder how long it will take for PD to realize the problem, as they don't really read these forums judging from past experience.

The average gamer would normally not even bother to fix the body rigidity of his car, as he doesn't realize it has so much effect. I hope this won't last forever or you guys are just gonna have to buy some microtransactions to keep your cars in shape :lol:

I wonder how long it will take for PD to realize the problem, as they don't really read these forums judging from past experience.

The average gamer would normally not even bother to fix the body rigidity of his car, as he doesn't realize it has so much effect. I hope this won't last forever or you guys are just gonna have to buy some microtransactions to keep your cars in shape :lol:

what we need to do is get a moderator to SEE THIS THREAD AND MOVE IT TO THE MAIN DISCUSSION THREAD
@Terronium-12

On the rigidity issue I don't see it as a problem yet, yes it does seem that the cars will tell you that they are beginning to loose rigidity after 300 miles or so but it doesn't tell you they need to be restored now, only that they are begining to loose some rigidity. I would imagine that if you keep driving it that indicator would go from yellow to orange and/or red at some point later on and then it would need to be restored.

I have a few that are displaying yellow indicator and have between 300-500 miles, can't say I noticed any difference in the way they are driving yet so I have not spent anything on this restore option.

Polyphony Digital, I put up with so much s**t with you. I was always like "Ahhh nah GT5 is still an excellent game, despite it's issues you'll see, things will improve" they did I guess, but I'm really growing weary of your bulls**t. To me GT is still the overlord of console sims but wait til Project Cars comes out and you'll have a proper run for your money. Fix your s**t soon, your fanbase even the most loyal and diehard are growing weary. MOAR PATCHEZ PLOX!!!!!

Back