BODY RIGIDITY DETERIORATES WAY TOO FAST

• Thread starter dixonbaps
  • 294 comments
I have seen that "body rigidity has begun to deteriorate" happens before the oil goes bad. that seems bass ackwards to me. Ive changed the oil in my real cars many times and never done no dang rigidity nothing to any car.

Don't know. I bought a new r18 am I'll be test both of those at all same regs and specs to find differences, but right now my r18 seems to grip a little bit better, but it's only at 250 miles. I will see over the weekend or tonight to get another 100 on it and try it out, but highly doubt much will be of notice racing for that long. I'll have to take a break and try again but for the most part, I still haven't had to change my oil yet with no drop in HP

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-–-oil-engine-and-high-mileage-hp-deterioration-guide.302338/

1) Rigidity Deterioration:

- The rigidity ‘begins to deteriorate’ at 500 km and ‘rigidity restoration is recommended’ at 19,500 km.

- Rigidity has no influence on HP.

With users here complaining that cars are hard to drive after rigidity "has begun to deteriorate," I'm guessing that the effects of slight deterioration are actually being exaggerated and not the total deterioration rate itself. This should be fixed to make the effect more subtle.

Any news on this game breaking bug? I can't check as I don't have the game installed at the moment.
I love how people treat this like a game breaking bug.

It may start at 500 KM but it only becomes a real problem once you're close to 20,000km. And how many of us are even going to be driving any of our cars that far?

It was probably exactly the same as this in GT5, except now placebo effect take over with the indicators in GT6.

You all should take a look at the thread mentioned in the post above. Explains it all perfectly.

For instance:

Oil change turns yellow at around 4,000 KM, but goes full red around 5,000 KM.

Body ridgidity may turn yellow at 500 KM, but doesn't go red for another 19,000.

Game breaking bug? Unless you're trying to put the circumference of the earth on your car, no. Not really.

Last edited:

It may start at 500 KM but it only becomes a real problem once you're close to 20,000km. And how many of us are even going to be driving any of our cars that far?

It was probably exactly the same as this in GT5, except now placebo effect take over with the indicators in GT6.

You all should take a look at the thread mentioned in the post above. Explains it all perfectly.

For instance:

Body ridgidity may turn yellow at 500 KM, but doesn't go red for another 19,000.

Game breaking bug? Unless you're trying to put the circumference of the earth on your car, no. Not really.

Ok, thanks for making this clear but I'm still skeptical because the warning triggers after about the same distance the oil started to deteriorate in GT5. I don't know which is more realistic but I suspect a bug, however, not game breaking if what you say is true.

For instance:

I disagree. In the championship i run you easily and strongly feel the difference when you have body rigidity deterioration to the point that all drivers fix it before race if they had, racers have same cars in group of 4 and the effect is not as bad on each car but noticeable enough to make a big difference when the serie is competitive.

That said it is in no way "game breaking".

It's difficult to spot the effect between all the connection issues online, but I also tend to think it has an effect as soon as it goes yellow. Of course not very strong initially, but still.

Just saw that my VGT also is not in tip-top condition anymore. But I almost fainted when I saw the restoration fee. I don't know if my Japanese version of the game has different units to the European and American versions, but I saw 50,000,000! Even if I have added an extra zero by mistake, I know the cost was half the value of the car, if you were to buy it.
Obviously mine is a gift car, but I was planning on buying another because I'm so obsessed with this car. I'm having second thoughts with these ridiculous running costs!!
I couldn't imagine PD in politics and how much they'd rise taxes to "maintain virtual cars" :lol: .

Bending body, rigidity loss, engine wear, oil... All this would be just fun if it wasn't costing so much to maintain car for races.
Body damages (bending) is permanent type of damage, smashing on freerun, practice, race (maybe all places?) and damages will stay, and you'll suffer those later.
Noticeable on many cars, MR RR FR are easiest showing how you lose grip on rear if body is even bit damaged earlier.
Stock Yellowbird, freerun from garage and Nordshleife ("real grip"), take a lap, and at end (on during) knock a bit on wall, jump out from there and go back and you'll see how rear is going on half of grip, then jump to main menu, go and do body rigidity restore and go back and rear is taking grip again.
First sector is enough for testing on YB.

Really too expensive to run car simulation, game itself is good(or excellent) on many parts, but this type of "damage" burns my sleeves.

After every run where there was paint switching or any kind modest hit on wall/car or anything, you have to do body repair and pay huge amount of money for it.

Body damages from Practice and Qualify (online) are same type of damages, those are permanent damages, so doing small mistake on qualify lap you'll struggle your race with slippery car.

These are kind of nice things, they make you appreciate your car, and avoid any kind of collision, but hey this is still game, and this game wants MONEY from you if some fancy AI driver smashes your car, or having "accident" on online.

TOO EXPENSIVE TO PLAY. <-period, you see, see you?

I keep a habit of testing my beloved HSV-010 around Fuji once in a while. Mind you, the car has close to 1000 km by now and I got a rigidity yellow warning. However, it doesn't seem to affect laptimes - as a matter of fact, I just got my quickest laptime. It still handles the same.

Yeah I have to say, this is basically bankrupting me atm... I'm in an online LMP1 race league and I bearly have the time to practice and race in it... Let alone then having to grind continually just for the insane up keep... As winning races etc dsnt give anything like the money you need to maintain your car

Yeah I have to say, this is basically bankrupting me atm... I'm in an online LMP1 race league and I bearly have the time to practice and race in it... Let alone then having to grind continually just for the insane up keep... As winning races etc dsnt give anything like the money you need to maintain your car
You can't be serious. For 20 minutes + the full bonus you can make 2mil. :)

You can't be serious. For 20 minutes + the full bonus you can make 2mil. :)
I am serious. I have very little free time due to work and travelling. The majority of the free time I have is trying to practice for the next race. Everytime I have to stop and go grind I loose out.

And I'm at no bonus atm because I've been so busy with I've barely had time to sleep let alone fire up gt6 everyday....

I'm not even sure why the body degrades so fast, is it just mileage or damage too? So far nearly every quali session has started with everyone spewing inside or ontop of everyone else (some 9 cars)...

I suppose the body deterioration had different percentages for every car but truth is it is still a grey area since PD don't like to explain to us anything. :(

I don't know... I'm using a Bentley Speed 8 for what it's worth... Well it's apparently worth half a mill every two races...

I think we already talked about this. The chassis wears out at 350 miles for each car, with damage during races not affecting the chassis wear process. Unless what OdeFinn says is true, which then we'll have to do some more science.

I may want to call out @dixonbaps after my recent endurance race experience in GT6.

In honor of the unjust early retirement of the Nissan ZEOD RC at Le Mans (and that FOX Sports decided not to air the rest of the race until 1 AM), I decided to create my own reenactment of Le Mans by driving the 2012 Deltawing at Sarthe for 50 laps in arcade mode. After breaking the 'dreaded' 500-kilometer mark on my Deltawing's odometer during the race, I detected no differences in the car's handling or top speed and my lap times remained consistent. Note that the odometer does not save mileage after completing arcade mode events.

I'm assuming that, at least in arcade mode, driving past 500 kilometers does not affect car handling characteristics. I haven't officially hit 500 KM in any of my vehicles yet, but I'll take my chances and guess that the the same may be the case outside of arcade mode as well. If so, it's likely that a patch may have secretly fixed it.

In no GT game have I ever upgraded or restored body rigidity, I've never found it necessary.
Also
Same here - r18 at 900km of time trials and 24min of Le Mans - still green.
Those 900km of time trials won't count for your car if they were done in the Arcade time trial mode, only if you drive in 'free run' from the garage will your odo go up, so all of the wear from those time trials is probably negated as soon as you go back to the menu.

I have two cars with over 500km on the Odometer:
-Citroen GT Race Car
-Lotus 97T

*The Citroen GT Race Car was my car of choice through much of International A and Super Licenses. As soon as the Citroen hit the 300 mile marker it became nearly undriveable. Twitchy and random handling. I don't know what version we were on then but it was late December, early January. The readout in the pit service menu says "body rigidity has begun to deteriorate".

*The Lotus 97T drives as well now as it ever did. Over 400 miles on the Odometer and readout says the body rigidity is fine.

So either this has been amended OR the 97T is immune to body deterioration.

Last edited:
I consistently race in a Nascar league and some races are full length(Brickyard 400, Daytona 500).

Yes, I quit rebuilding my cars. I was losing money, even in the series where races are 100 miles each and we have 3 races.

Makes my car a bit looser, which is good when tuning is prohibited. I got used to it.

Back