Boost racing in GT7

• Thread starter Mjr29
  • 19 comments
Australia
Australia
Is it just me or does the boost have 0 effect with online races? The group I usually play with run boost to make it more fun and help if you crash.

Not just you, boost and slipstream both seem to be ineffective.

We have a great group with very mixed levels of speed. Boost and slipstream keep things together, help compensate for errors/misfortune, and give us a fun night of racing.
Switching to 7; everyone strings out, so you don't see another car (until you lap them!) and may as well be time trialling.

Not just you, boost and slipstream both seem to be ineffective.

We have a great group with very mixed levels of speed. Boost and slipstream keep things together, help compensate for errors/misfortune, and give us a fun night of racing.
Switching to 7; everyone strings out, so you don't see another car (until you lap them!) and may as well be time trialling.
My group does the same, we have managed to get gr3 cars at 600hp and 1400kg go work ok, but not as much door to door racing which is what we as a group crave.

I still don't see what the issue is with boost in lobbies. If you crash, you crash. Artificial boost doesn't seem fun to me at all, consequences are though. Sometimes we all crash... its kind of an integral part of racing and learning to race.

I wish we had realtime damage and no ghosting as the standard. Would go a long way towards making players more cautious and aware.

I still don't see what the issue is with boost in lobbies. If you crash, you crash. Artificial boost doesn't seem fun to me at all, consequences are though. Sometimes we all crash... its kind of an integral part of racing and learning to race.

I wish we had realtime damage and no ghosting as the standard. Would go a long way towards making players more cautious and aware.
We are bunch of old farts mate, we like close racing and in sport boost helped us with that.
I understand that without it that it simulates a real race, but it becomes a time trial and not enjoyable.
We run boost so you can catch up and race again, probably not win the race but have a battle with the back markers.

Damage and no ghosting are available as options and they work, although they are irrelevant to this thread.

The issue with boost in lobbies is that is appears NOT to be working.
I don't know what you think the difference between artificial boost and natural boost is, but that doesn't seem relevant either. The lobby option is what we're talking about, in a videogame, it doesn't get much more artificial! 🤣

The point here is that there are options for keeping a very mixed skill (and/or mixed drunkeness) group together on track and actually racing each other.
Otherwise I'd only ever see you at the start, then when I lap you, in which case I may as well be time trialling.

Options for a lobby series with ballast, restrictor, tyre compound, etc. changes every race to level the field would be cool, but we currently have option for boost and slipstream, neither of which appear to be working.

this is a bummer was thinking of using this in our league. Is there an official bug report thread to put it in ?

Edit : is the bug report thread on here the official one ? ie does it get read by PD?

Last edited:
Bump! Well we’ve had two maybe three updates since this was first pointed out and the boost is still not working!!!! It makes our weekly social/fun lobby really boring as the the less skilled drivers are just getting left behind and not enjoying the game. Is it worth tweeting kaz?

Boost is definitly working.
Test done with all same cars on hard difficulty, 10km straightline
No boost:
1659346977226.png

Strong boost:
1659346995167.png

Bump! Well we’ve had two maybe three updates since this was first pointed out and the boost is still not working!!!! It makes our weekly social/fun lobby really boring as the the less skilled drivers are just getting left behind and not enjoying the game. Is it worth tweeting kaz?
Id tweet him if i knew how ...

Boost is back to normal, for those that use it.
Well, yeah. We did a test last night 3 of us all on PS5’s the lobby was unusually smooth and boost did appear to be working. Last time we tried it there was a PS4 user in the room, it was all jittery and there was no boost. I heard that the jitter happens when there’s a mix of PS4&5 players. And from last nights test I would appear that there’s definitely a difference to the jitter when all are on the same console (or perhaps that’s a massive dose of conformation bias, more research needed) I’m wondering if this also brakes the boost? Need to do some more testing but I’d rather be racing 🤬

We did a test last night, one on ps5 and I was on PS4.
No issues at all, mind you there was only the two of us.
I have a 30 second head start and caught up in 2.5 laps of a 5 lap race at Bathurst.
We both used the same car in bop settings, top speed in 5th gear out the front was 156km/h and behind was 171km/h.
We are testing again on Thursday with a bigger group with a mix of ps5 and ps4.

We did a test last night, one on ps5 and I was on PS4.
No issues at all, mind you there was only the two of us.
I have a 30 second head start and caught up in 2.5 laps of a 5 lap race at Bathurst.
We both used the same car in bop settings, top speed in 5th gear out the front was 156km/h and behind was 171km/h.
We are testing again on Thursday with a bigger group with a mix of ps5 and ps4.
Please post your findings as I’m interested to see what you find

Boost is back to normal, for those that use it.
Please post your findings as I’m interested to see what you find
ran a lobby tonight with 8 regular drivers and a few randoms.
Best racing the group has had on 12 months, if you fell off you had the chance to catch up and battle again.
Players on both ps5 and 4 even psvr2.
No issues with lag or glitching, internet connection was really good.
PD has made the game fun again for our group.

Back