Boundary Layer's Drift Videos - New Vid Added Feb 2nd, 2006

You can turn off/on the ghost by hitting whatever button you happened to have that function mapped to.

Im using 900 degree mode with the DFP and drifting pretty well with it. You just cant huck the car around like you could in GT3 and expect to maintain control, you have to be extremely precise and delicate with steering/throttle input. With 200 degree mode or dual shock 2 you can definetly get alot more snap from your steering though. I just like the challenge of mastering 900 degree mode is all.

How can i put a replay on the computer? If i need one of those little usb memory sticks how big (storage wise) does it need to be? Nice job on the vid btw tank. 👍

The default button to toggle the ghost in all modes is 'd-pad up' on the Driving Force Pro.

Odds are it's the same on the old Driving Force, but looking at the button config could help.

KurtG
How can i put a replay on the computer? If i need one of those little usb memory sticks how big (storage wise) does it need to be? Nice job on the vid btw tank. 👍

search for this topic, theres several ways of doing it
I use a video capture card
a flashdrive has nothing to do with it unless you own Maxdrive software

thanks for the continued comments

wow, really nice work in there man, i got soooo good at drifting in GT3, but now i'm so stuck now, i'm so frustrated, it's so hard for me to get sideway's and hold it for any amount of time in GT4. well atleast now i know it's possible thank's to this great site and your video.

For 320 x 240, it still looked very good. Video tied in with the music great, and the blending of clips was very nicely done. I myself am not a fan of Rock music, but I think that song was good for the video. Your drifts look to be very well controlled, and you did a great job of making it look as smooth as possible. What really impressed me was your control of high angle drifts. Mainly towards the exit of the turn. There wasn't as much "snap back" as I've seen in other videos, although there was the occasional one (nobody's perfect :) ). In my opinion, I think you could've pushed it just a tiny bit more, as some of your drift lines could've been a bit tighter. Some of them were great, but some others could have been a little closer to the inside.

Overall: Excellent work on the video!

Sweet video!

I like how your drifts are so smooth, especially the S13. Oh wow, that was the highlight of the video IMHO.

This is the first drift video I have seen of GT4 drifting, and I see a huge potential for drifting in the future.

Great job again. I hope to see your other videos in the future. Unfortunately, I have a 56k connection, so it'll take me a while to download all the videos that other people have made >.<

twin_turbo11
anybody???

It depends on what software you're using. Generally speaking, you want to make a WMV file since everyone can play those and they tend to be a smaller size. Other then that it's trial and error till you get it to a setting you're satisfied with. It also depends on the quality of the video source.

This link should be at least somewhat helpful.

PS2 to DiVX

a new one for your viewing pleasure

Centrifuge 3
http://www.bgj.ca/GT4/BLvids/BL-Centrifuge3.wmv

About the video:
This is my first release as a member of IDM

I made Centrifuge 3 after submitting my entry for AO's Gauntlet. I was dissatisfied with the drifting I presented in that vid. Tsukuba is not my cup of tea - nor are racing hard tires on blue S14's, I've come to realize. This is just a sort of a 'look what i can do' video.

So, yes, the effects are nothing like those seen in my :tip the scale. vid which i submitted for that competition. There's a few fancy scene transitions, but they dont require any extra thought - just 3 more mouse clicks. The focus is more on long and/or complex drifting. For that reason I repeat a few clips with different views.

Now, before anyone asks - the settings are not for sale. Partly b/c my game data has gone corrupt - maxdrive crushing and GT4 saves are not a good mix :grumpy: . And also partly b/c I changed the settings slightly from track to track to match the surface's grip level (some tracks are grippier than others). However, I will divulge the mods, since there aren't many:

1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) - it's an FR
300hp (by some combination of upgrades)
stage 3 weight reduction
Full Racing Suspension
N2 Tires​
thats it.

Hope everyone enjoys it! :sly:

(btw, I'll repost a link to my :tip the scale. vid for those who might have missed it in the competition. I don't have it on this computer at the moment, so can't do it now)

hold on to your hats kids, cause here it comes :cheers: ownage. leaves no question as to why you are IDM's newest member.

yes tank that was a very good video u are indeed one of the great ds2 drifter im looking forwards to seeing ur up and coming video's using ur dfp have a good day drift on

Hey Tank! Long time no see (hear). I have been busy with the University, mainly with the final exams this week and the last assignments/projects the previous couple of weeks.

Awesome video, you did a really good job 👍

And congratulations for your competition and the Premium Membership.

Hope to catch you on the Messenger soon :D

Later.

The Wizard.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I just don't like you mang! :dopey:

Excellent job TS. I gave my big observations over at IDM. But I'll just say that this is certainly on the top level of drifting here at GTP. BTW, how's the premium service treating you? :sly:

Swift
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I just don't like you mang! :dopey:

Excellent job TS. I gave my big observations over at IDM. But I'll just say that this is certainly on the top level of drifting here at GTP. BTW, how's the premium service treating you? :sly:

and i've said it before and i'll say it again: "I dont like you either" :dopey:

the premium setup is pretty danged sweet. 1000msg inbox is pure awesomeness. No more cleaning it out every 3 or 4 days. I'll be lucky to fill it before my 3 months are up. :sly:
And no more b.bluetime error.... that alone is worth the price of admission now that i've experienced GTP without it. 👍

~TS gives theWizard a wave~
sorry bud,
no more AIM or MSN for me, at least for awhile. I'm not actually on my computer, I moved out of the dorms and I'm on my Dad's now. He's pretty particular about that programs that he will and will not allow on it. I'll let you figure out what bin messenger programs fall into. 👎
Hopefully I get my own box wired up and on the net soon.

Simply amazing drifting, as usual. The ammount of angle you have on some of those corners is completely awe inspiring. I still don't really think the music/editting/presentation of this one was up to par with your other videos, but your other videos are some serious competition, so don't dwell on that too much.

Amazing, as usual. 👍 👍

Congrats on the win, and I agree, that video shows drifts that are smoother than a my girlfriends behind, and twice as pretty. (she's got an unsightly birthmark that we won't discuss)
Keep on driftin, and hook us up with some more vid's soon.

Back