Brain dead diary

  • Thread starter Thread starter Razzbar
  • 20 comments
  • 1,158 views
Messages
65
Just a complaint for the game designers. It'd be REALLY helpful if the diary mentioned WHICH car won that race.

Thanks.
 
Uh what? is this a rant? is so, will a mod lock this and explain, im much to lazy....
 
It's a good point though, I've quite often found myself wondering which car I used for an old race. It would certainly help those people going back to get higher a-spec points.
 
Ok here is how you do it, first you check the date on the race you want to know what car you have won. Then you go to your garage, and click the the thing to show the date it was aquiered, bada bing, bada boom.
 
Does anyone really use the daily logs and if so in what ways ? Agree with you that they should of mentioned which car and maybe hp that you used to win the race and how many aspec points you won. Seems kind of pointless just to say participated in such in such race. Just another one of the many simple things that could of and should of been done to make GT4 so much more enjoyable.
 
Master_Yoda
Ok here is how you do it, first you check the date on the race you want to know what car you have won. Then you go to your garage, and click the the thing to show the date it was aquiered, bada bing, bada boom.

Thats in case you want to find out what car you won. Not useful when you're trying to find out which car won the race to win that prize car.
 
GT4_Rule
Thats in case you want to find out what car you won. Not useful when you're trying to find out which car won the race to win that prize car.
O whoops.. lol I'm tierd please forgive me :)
 
It can be useful to know that, actually. When you want to do the game again, you will know which car you used to pass ti again, with the same car or same class car.
 
The diary does tell you the date that you got into a car right? Therefore it would only take a moment to find the correct date that you got into the car and count how many races you did with that car, before you got into a different car, which the diary makes a note of that.

At least, that what i remember from the game.
 
Master_Yoda
Ok here is how you do it, first you check the date on the race you want to know what car you have won. Then you go to your garage, and click the the thing to show the date it was aquiered, bada bing, bada boom.

Easier than that, there's a list of prize cars floating around.

But I meant which car I drove to win a race. Not which race I won to win a car. Thanks anyway.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to sort the garage by mileage. Each car having its own diary wouldn't be a bad thing, either. And not really that difficult from a programming point of view.
 
Submerged
The diary does tell you the date that you got into a car right? Therefore it would only take a moment to find the correct date that you got into the car and count how many races you did with that car, before you got into a different car, which the diary makes a note of that.

At least, that what i remember from the game.

No, the diary shows when you got a car, when you sold it, but not when you drove it. It shows what races you participated in, and the outcome of the race, but not which car you raced in. It doesn't keep records of when you drive which car.

It just wouldn't work to assume that when you get a new car, every race you win was won with that car, until the next new car. It just doesn't work that way.
 
chinny
It's a good point though, I've quite often found myself wondering which car I used for an old race. It would certainly help those people going back to get higher a-spec points.

The diary is not infinite though. I'm in year 21 and have lost (as in PD doesnt record all years) years 1 - 12.

Far better to record everything in an Excel spreadsheet (or Word document). In that way you can record all the details you want and always refer to them.


Edit: added example excel file...
AMG.
 

Attachments

It would be nice if it contained the total ET of the race, too; not just the fastest lap.
 
Duke
It would be nice if it contained the total ET of the race, too; not just the fastest lap.

hmmm, yes, you've got a point there. But to be honest in the 'time' column I only record the Marging of Victory. (perhaps I should rename it, never thought of that before)

I have never been interested (yet) in lap times or total times at all. I use the MoV to come back to a race to see if at a later time I can obtain better A-specs. It's a bit of a guideline for me. :)

Anyway, I'm sure anyone interested enough in using the xls file can adapt accordingly. Adding worksheets like tuning etc etc. The xls contained more info but I had to throw it out to meet the 100kb attachment limit.

AMG.
 
I dont care I never use the dairy
 
GeorgeMorley
I dont care I never use the dairy
1) It's diary.

2) If you don't care, don't post.
 
What I think would be really nice is if the diary were searchable.
 
Now theres an idea!💡 There are times when I want to know when a specific thing happened, like won a car or something. I hate having to look through everything to find out when. With the PS3, the possibilities will be greater and we may expect that.:)
 
I agree with those that feel the diary was poorly designed, and lacks a lot of useful data. In fact, the same can be said for the game stats as well.

The solution for me, (and from what I can tell, a few others) is to use an excel spreadsheet to log my data. Yes, its a pain in the a$$, but I find it very useful to be able to recall as much detail about my game as possible, such as car used; car set-ups; tires used; length between pit-stops; fastest laps; individual race times; average pit-stops for AI cars; lap and race times for specific AI cars and races, etc etc etc... In addition, all of it is easily searchable in a spreadsheet.

For those that can't or don't want to go through that process I certainly can understand why. We can all hope that in future versions PD will address these issues appropriately.
 
I use a ThinkDB database in my Palm. It worked well in GT3 and I modified it for GT4. The only problem is that at some point its scroll feature went a bit odd. But other than that it's got tabs for Time (car, track,fastest lap) Race (event, lap count, ET, qualifying), Modifications (power/weight, tires, parts list, A-spec points), and Drivetrain, Suspension, and Alignment settings.
 
Back