Brand/Logo/Automaker color Thread for color Picker

• Thread starter Cole Brown
  • 109 comments
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio
Brown352
Hey everyone. I'm wanting to start this thread to be for colors that you can't select in the game.
So the HSV tones.
An example would be;

GoPro Solid Colors:
Light blue - H/55 S/96 V/94
Dark Blue - H/58 S/100 V/63

Toyota Racing Development Solid Colors:
Red - H/0 S/89 V/90

Now it isn't exactly perfect because it doesn't go with Metalic or Pearl paint tyoes. Only solid paint type.

So if we make a collective effort. We could sort and pick specific colors from brands and logos to automakers or anything else of the sort.

The big one I'm trying to find right now is the TRD Red color. Anyone have it readily available?

Last edited:
H/355 S/100 V/89.9 if I’m not mistaken :)
The color picker is very slim in ability.

Hue, saturation, and volume only go to 100 each, so each tick of the hue goes over 3-5 color values you could use for perfection. So that's the big thing about it.

Pirelli yellow 15/100/97.
I was just about to ask what value would fit with it, thanks a lot!

If anyone could get approximative values for the blue of this 458 GT3, it would be awesome. I managed to get the right color during the beta but i had to redo the whole livery :/

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks, I think that made a noticeable difference. It's still brighter in the editor than it is in scapes, but that probably has more to do with the photography. Thanks (new yellow vs old)
20171030_125308.jpg

Last edited:
I was just about to ask what value would fit with it, thanks a lot!

If anyone could get approximative values for the blue of this 458 GT3, it would be awesome. I managed to get the right color during the beta but i had to redo the whole livery :/

Thanks in advance :)

Very hard to get from this small picture and the paint seems to have some metallic properties, but try 58/100/80.

HSV is actually the best and easiest color space to understand, so if it doesn't look right it is very easy to adjust based on how you see the color.

- does the blue look too light blue, or too purple? adjust Hue
- does the color look too strong? dial down Saturation (it is already at max. so you can't go higher)
- does the color look too dark or too bright? Adjust Value (also called brightness or luminance).

Edit: I will have to check the values ingame first, in GTS things seem to be a bit different.
Edit 2: correct hue value now

Last edited:
GT Sport use a base of 100 for HUE instead of the 360 standard. So 15 is yellow.
And your 209/100/80 for the asked blue might be 58/100/80 in GTS. (Raybrig blue/purple are around 71-72 hue here)

I'll try both, thanks a lot for the help!

I'm not used to the HSV color thing, wish they kinda used either the full version (then i could've worked with a RGB/HEX > HSV) or just with RGB/HEX directly.

The beauty about HSV is that you can adjust the colors by what you see in a natural way, as I have described above. RGB and HEX is just numbers which don't make a lot of sense to how we see colors. I'm glad they have put this in, makes picking a color much easier.

http://colorizer.org/
https://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/?imageLoader

I've been using these two pages to match colors. Pick an image from a Google image search, drop the URL into the second link, click on the color in question, and copy the resulting hex code. Paste that into the appropriate slot on the first link, do some quick division to convert your hue from radial to decimal, then input your values. It's helped especially with my Valvoline, Texaco, and Pennzoil liveries.

http://colorizer.org/
https://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/?imageLoader

I've been using these two pages to match colors. Pick an image from a Google image search, drop the URL into the second link, click on the color in question, and copy the resulting hex code. Paste that into the appropriate slot on the first link, do some quick division to convert your hue from radial to decimal, then input your values. It's helped especially with my Valvoline, Texaco, and Pennzoil liveries.

How exactly do you convert to decimal? Just take X = value/360*100?

Anybody have an HSV code combination for a nice shiny silver? No matter what I try, it always turns out a rather dull gray.

you won't be able to find a HSV code for shiny silver, because shiny silver is not a color. Shiny silver / chrome is a metal and has no color, it is getting the color from the environment (the things that are reflected in it). The closest you will get is indeed a grey tone.

you won't be able to find a HSV code for shiny silver, because shiny silver is not a color. Shiny silver / chrome is a metal and has no color, it is getting the color from the environment (the things that are reflected in it). The closest you will get is indeed a grey tone.
I get that with chrome, but a nice looking silver should be available as a metallic gray. Bummer.

For anyone interested, I've created a Google Sheets spreadsheet for all these. Should make searching/finding easier than going through pages of a thread. :) OP feel free to link it in post 1 if you like...maybe we can get a sticky as well?

Anyone should be able to add to it. If you have any issues or if I haven't included something in the dropdowns let me know and I will poke it with a sharp stick. I don't know if the alternate columns will be useful but they are there. If we need to add features and such let me know. Note, I've messed around with being able to filter the data as on a normal spreadsheet but because it changes the view for everyone there's no good way to do it yet. I'll keep exploring a method to do this without affecting everyone using the doc.

Last edited:
Sorry this might not be appropriate, but you guys seem to know your stuff.
Once I've made a particular colour for a livery, is there any way to save it so when I come back to the livery editor the next day I can use it again? Or is it just a case of making a note of the numerical values of the colour before I switch the PS4 off?

Many thanks

:irked:👍

Sorry this might not be appropriate, but you guys seem to know your stuff.
Once I've made a particular colour for a livery, is there any way to save it so when I come back to the livery editor the next day I can use it again? Or is it just a case of making a note of the numerical values of the colour before I switch the PS4 off?

Many thanks

:irked:👍
Pen and paper man. That's the only way.

Back