Brand/Logo/Automaker color Thread for color Picker

• Thread starter Cole Brown
  • 109 comments
For anyone interested, I've created a Google Sheets spreadsheet for all these. Should make searching/finding easier than going through pages of a thread. :) OP feel free to link it in post 1 if you like...maybe we can get a sticky as well?

Anyone should be able to add to it. If you have any issues or if I haven't included something in the dropdowns let me know and I will poke it with a sharp stick. I don't know if the alternate columns will be useful but they are there. If we need to add features and such let me know. Note, I've messed around with being able to filter the data as on a normal spreadsheet but because it changes the view for everyone there's no good way to do it yet. I'll keep exploring a method to do this without affecting everyone using the doc.

This is great, thank you.

I added a color, and also added a converter to convert from standard hue, in degrees, in cell i3, to the Gran Turismo value, using the formula:

hue in degrees ÷ 360 × 100 = Gran Turismo hue
I also added a link to an RGB to HSV Calculator. The hue values obtained from this need to be converted to Gran Turismo hue values; you can enter this hue value in I3.

I hope that these are helpful.

Added French Racing Blue, per linked site, to the spreadsheet; GTS HSV: 58 79 90.

french_racing_blue

Last edited:
VXR
Is it possible to get the Hyundai N light blue, please?
Provide a color swath and I'll give it a shot. Ideally a swath like this:

weiss_chiffonweiss_182.jpg

...rather than a photo of a car in that color.

For example, you may be able to find color samples on Hyundai UK's "Build your own car" feature, which I assume they have.

All I know how to do is convert either RGB values or normal HSV values and convert them to Gran Turismo HSV values, or to take a color (PNG or JPEG or whatever) and determine its RGB value and thence the Gran Turismo HSV value.

Happy Bastille Day!

Blue 63 100 58
White 0 0 100
Red 99 83 93

Colors on French flag, per this SVG.

Below is a .png of the .svg; use the link above if you want to upload the SVG version.

320px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

Hey guys, two questions,

does anyone have the code for Kawasaski green?

Also, could someone do me a favor and match this logo?

Bubel_logo_kills.png

Thanks so much! This thread is really helpful.

Also, could someone do me a favor and match this logo?

View attachment 757631

Thanks so much! This thread is really helpful.
I think it’s enough to ask one time, I noticed you asked for the same logos across two threads. Someone usually gets to your request sooner or later, no need to try across several threads. :) and it looks like you got your request fulfilled anyway.

I think it’s enough to ask one time, I noticed you asked for the same logos across two threads. Someone usually gets to your request sooner or later, no need to try across several threads. :) and it looks like you got your request fulfilled anyway.

Actually it was two questions put into the thread related to each, one for the logo to be uploaded and the second for a match of the color code. Sorry if that was unclear, but it did seem likely that the logo upload guys and the color match guys are not necessarily the same. Unfortunately, I am skilled at neither. You are correct though that I did get a response on the upload side and I've been working on making sense of the RGB/HSVs myself. Thanks.

Actually it was two questions put into the thread related to each, one for the logo to be uploaded and the second for a match of the color code. Sorry if that was unclear, but it did seem likely that the logo upload guys and the color match guys are not necessarily the same. Unfortunately, I am skilled at neither. You are correct though that I did get a response on the upload side and I've been working on making sense of the RGB/HSVs myself. Thanks.
Aah, yeah no I didn't catch that part. 👍

Since I needed to do some research for my Michelin livery, I will share my results here. (the darker blue came from the Michelin Motorsport one)
I added the colors to the spreadsheet too !​

Hey guys, does anyone have any suggestions on getting close to the gold on this? I know it won't match perfectly because of the metallic, but I'm having trouble finding a brownish color that looks good. Thanks!

Screenshot_20181001-070736.jpg
Screenshot_20181001-070816.jpg

Back