Breaking Bad

So yeah, I started watching about a month ago and only just reached the finale tonight. Show writing doesn't get much better than that. Seriously.

As far as farewell episodes go, that went as well as I would have liked given the circumstances. The series itself made for difficult viewing at times, but the way it escalated was truly immense. Seeing some of my favourite characters getting picked off later on was tough (Mike especially), but I'm glad Jesse escaped from that hellhole.

Also, watching the gag reels right after the very last episode makes for an hilarious and somewhat satisfying contrast.

Something I've just realized about Felina is that it is Fe-Iron (Blood), Li-Lithium (Meth) and Na-Sodium (Tears) which I think is pretty cool. I don't know if it was intended or not though.

The amount of Easter Eggs and clever references throughout the series would suggest it was intended. Even though Lithium was never used as one of their cooking ingredient in the series as far as I know (Aluminum amalgam took its place instead).

It's also the name of a song heard twice in the episode, but I just saw it as an anagram of "Finale" more than anything.

Last edited:
The amount of Easter Eggs and clever references throughout the series would suggest it was intended. Even though Lithium was never used as one of their cooking ingredient in the series as far as I know (Aluminum amalgam took its place instead).

It's also the name of a song heard twice in the episode, but I just saw it as an anagram of "Finale" more than anything.
Lithium was used in the P2P cooks I think.

Walt actually used iodine and red phosphorus as a reducing agent during the pseudo cooks, IIRC.
Breaking Bad Wikia
"The synthesis of methamphetamine is typically done through the reduction of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, using either hydroiodic acid and red phosphorus or lithium metal dissolved in anhydrous ammonia."
From the Breaking Bad wikia which is a pretty reliable source.

Yep. It's just one of the possible ingredients they could have gone with, and dissolving it in anhydrous ammonia creates the most conventional reducing agent for that sort of thing, from what I've read. But between that and "hydroiodic acid and red phosphorus" , I can only see that they went with the latter in the earlier episodes.

Just pointing out that while lithium may have been referred to at some point early on (Pilot episode probably), Walt didn't appear to use it in his cooks. Even so, it was definitely referenced in the Felina title.

Watched some episodes for the first time last night after buying the first and second seasons just after Christmas and I really liked it, I watched three episodes and I cant wait to see more 👍

Watched some episodes for the first time last night after buying the first and second seasons just after Christmas and I really liked it, I watched three episodes and I cant wait to see more 👍

You're in for a real treat 👍 Just be prepared to be disappointed by every other TV series after you're done :lol:

I like my TV drama though, The Sopranos is my absolute favourite and I still watch the repeats on Sky Atlantic..

Yep. It's just one of the possible ingredients they could have gone with, and dissolving it in anhydrous ammonia creates the most conventional reducing agent for that sort of thing, from what I've read. But between that and "hydroiodic acid and red phosphorus" , I can only see that they went with the latter in the earlier episodes.

Just pointing out that while lithium may have been referred to at some point early on (Pilot episode probably), Walt didn't appear to use it in his cooks. Even so, it was definitely referenced in the Felina title.
I don't want to search around too much in case the NSA are watching me :lol:

I don't want to search around too much in case the NSA are watching me :lol:

It's AMC's fault for bringing such questionable chemistry to out attention in our own homes. And my fault for reading through the Breaking Bad Wikia/subreddit/various BB threads on other forums. :P

It's AMC's fault for bringing such questionable chemistry to out attention in our own homes. And my fault for reading through the Breaking Bad Wikia/subreddit/various BB threads on other forums. :P
Yes, that. :lol: On a side note, I got the DVD box set for Christmas and have seen some extra bits which look interesting. I have no idea what they are so I'll watch them soon and find out.

Finished season one last night and watched most of the extras, going to make a start on season two tomorrow probably...

Girlfriend bought me the box set for Christmas and I ended up watching all 6 seasons in under 2 weeks.

Great series, and the finale left me satisfied for the most part. Not sure how I feel about Saul getting the spin off, but I loved the character so I'll probably check it out and give it a chance.

Leave it alone, 62 episodes over five seasons were good enough.

DK
Leave it alone, 62 episodes over five seasons were good enough.
Especially with how well the finale wrapped it all up. I can't see another season doing anything more than ruining what was an otherwise perfect series finale.

Especially with how well the finale wrapped it all up. I can't see another season doing anything more than ruining what was an otherwise perfect series finale.
I agree as much as I would love to see yet another show filmed here I would rather leave it be and do a spin off of some sort.

AMC have confirmed that Better Call Saul is set to premier early next year, and have already commissioned a second season for 2016.

FUTe6CG.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27936867

Just buzzed through all 62 episodes in 3 weeks with my girlfriend - great show. Managed to tie up the ends quite well without leaving us hanging with a "what happened to..."
Will be really disappointed if the thing mentioned above brings back Walter. Fair enough if it focuses on Saul's second life though.

I'm coming to the end of season three, haven't seen it for a few weeks though..

After months of asking my brother to watch Breaking Bad, a true great series as opposed to the failure that was Lost, he finally started watching it once I managed to make him see the first three episodes. That, I believe, happened around three or four weeks ago. Yesterday he started watching the fifth and final season, and I can tell he enjoys it a lot. :D

Back