Breaking - Forza head tracking.

hey guys, i'm such a nerd that i occupy my time by talking trash on a video game system that i don't own or play.

They're the same models in my game, I'm not sure about yours. Either that or the difference is not distinguishable in which case it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Also, people were warned about comments like that earlier in the thread.

There was a warning, but about fanboy comments. My comment is factual. The showroom models are different than the in-race models. Fact. I'll assume you have the game by your comment. It swaps the high poly vehicle models for low poly ones at the very start of the race (when the HUD pops up).

I'll provide a picture.

117fkma.gif

Use the default chase cam. Pick a race, start it, and right before the race starts, you'll see the interior darken, and detail go missing. This isn't new. I'm not making it up, and I don't want to talk about it anymore because this isn't what this thread about, I just don't like being called a fanboy because you just randomly assume I'm making stuff up.

hey guys, i'm such a nerd that i occupy my time by talking trash on a video game system that i don't own or play.

I provided facts, you provided insults. Go away.

Last edited:
You also provide double posts, which are frowned upon.

I don't get what people are out to prove? Yes Forza has it's downfalls but so does every game. It's fun, has some awesome cars in it, the physics are good, has loads of customisation and actually comes out in a timely fashion (sort of). Taking video games seriously takes all the fun out of them and at the end of the day it's just a game...literally.

You also provide double posts, which are frowned upon.

I don't get what people are out to prove? Yes Forza has it's downfalls but so does every game. It's fun, has some awesome cars in it, the physics are good, has loads of customisation and actually comes out in a timely fashion (sort of). Taking video games seriously takes all the fun out of them and at the end of the day it's just a game...literally.

I was just proving that I wasn't a fanboy speaking out of my ass. I made a simple comment saying how they could achieve such good graphics in the demo they showed, and it's because when rendering such few things (like the showroom vehicles in the game) it can render over a million polygons because its only showing ONE CAR. So this guy comes in saying my comment is a fanboy comment because I said GT didn't have to do such tricks (which it doesn't) and I continue to get scolded. I'm simply stating facts. I didn't say the game was bad, I didn't say it sucked, I didn't say it was good. I simply said why the models are such high detail.

GT3 did it, and so did GT4 if I remember correctly. So, it's been done in both games...

Now, let's move on before a perfectly fine thread gets locked. 👍

Word on the Street is a full new FM in 2011..... not an upgrade.

That's what I heard, but no official word on anything. It might just be an update? o_O

If it is a new Forza, they are kinda cranking them out... like crazy. I'd personally like to see more improvement on the physics before they push out more stuff that appease the crowd.

The AWD bias they have in that game makes online racing pointless.

Word on the Street is a full new FM in 2011..... not an upgrade.

I mentioned that earlier, you goof. :P

Read their blog on the FM website, it's not a rumor of sorts...it will be a new FM game.

I provided facts, you provided insults. Go away.

i was talking about myself. i really have so much free time on my hands that i spend most of it complaining about video games that i don't like.

sorry for confusing you pal.

edit: for proof, here's a pic of me in RL
nerd.jpg

Last edited:
I mentioned that earlier, you goof. :P

Read their blog on the FM website, it's not a rumor of sorts...it will be a new FM game.
Hmm... I thought they were working on the next PGR? o_O. Then again... the Forza staff has over 300 people, so I'm sure they can split the team >_>...

i was talking about myself. i really have so much free time on my hands that i spend most of it complaining about video games.

sorry for confusing you pal.
:dunce:wat lol

With the new Xbox coming out I'm hoping the USB be compatible with the logitech wheel and Forza. Did they mention anything about that? Gotta have a 900 degree wheel compatible with it to make a good sim game. IMO

Edited: sorry that didn't come out right.

Last edited:
With the new Xbox coming out with USB I'm thinking they will make the logitech wheel compatible with Forza. Did they mention anything about that? Gotta have a 900 degree wheel compatible with it to make a good sim game. IMO

I may be misunderstanding you here, but the 360 has always had USB, and the compatibility won't change because the 360 doesn't support HID.

T10 said everything shown in the presentation was real time.

•The Forza Motorsport Preview we showed during the Xbox 360 keynote was all running in real-time and in-game. Yes, the gorgeous Ferrari 458 Italia you saw is testament to the prowess of our new graphics engine and the overall power of the Xbox 360.
•The demo we showed is not additional DLC for Forza Motorsport 3. This will be Turn 10's "next big thing" and will be a full-fledged Forza Motorsport experience launching in 2011.
•The future of Forza will be enhanced by Kinect. We are creating a game that will truly be accessible by audiences of all racing pedigrees. That said, we are not leaving our core players behind. There will be plenty here for both newbies and veterans. It's Forza Motorsport. We know what we do best.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...010/06/14/the-future-of-forza-at-e3-2010.aspx

And this new 360 that microsoft is releasing looks like it doesn't even have USB ports.

•The Forza Motorsport Preview we showed during the Xbox 360 keynote was all running in real-time and in-game. Yes, the gorgeous Ferrari 458 Italia you saw is testament to the prowess of our new graphics engine and the overall power of the Xbox 360.
•The demo we showed is not additional DLC for Forza Motorsport 3. This will be Turn 10's "next big thing" and will be a full-fledged Forza Motorsport experience launching in 2011.
•The future of Forza will be enhanced by Kinect. We are creating a game that will truly be accessible by audiences of all racing pedigrees. That said, we are not leaving our core players behind. There will be plenty here for both newbies and veterans. It's Forza Motorsport. We know what we do best.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...010/06/14/the-future-of-forza-at-e3-2010.aspx

And this new 360 that microsoft is releasing looks like it doesn't even have USB ports.

Had a feeling it was.

Super sexy. :D

EDIT: But they're still not pushing the 360's GPU; that X1800/X1900 hybrid is capable of a bit more then that.

I could care less about graphics at the end of the day, and I'm certainly not complaining...but I'd love to see a game push the 360 to it's limits, to the point where it creates a poltergeist effect and swallows itself whole into another vortex. :lol:

Last edited:
It came across to me like what PD has had to do for the early years of the PS3. They really were not ready to show much if anything but Sony yet wants the strong franchise to show face, hence the GTHD presentation that included bikes.

This turn 10 presentation seemed the same, MS got them to show face (especially knowing GT5 is going big the next day) with something cool and gimmicky which also shows potential of Kinect and keeps Forza fresh on the minds of journalists and players.

My opinions on it:
I think the controller free driving is silly, holding my hands up like that doesn't feel natural, accurate and frankly would get tiresome. I do believe the head tracking function is good though and should head in that direction much like the TrackIR and the apparent PSeye support for GT5.

The virtual show room of the 458 was nice, it looked like a car dealership virtual show room with bulletpoints pointing to certain features. The model was clearly too advanced for any system to render in real time in a race and I don't believe turn 10 (or anyone) would go to the bother of modelling each of the 400+ cars in that detail just for a virtual dealership. I think it would have been much nicer to see the Kinect walkaround on a in game FM3 model which you can switch between different cars.

forza 4...already? Didn't Forza 3 come out in 2009? So..Turn 10's going to be become the next Need For Speed? I thought they were a serious simulation developer? And aren't they busy with PGR5? I don't know. They say it's not a DLC, but I'll probably be an "Expansion pack" and probably not be nearly as awesome as a full fledged Forza game. And if it IS Forza 4...Already? REally? Seriously? I mean it took them a long time to make Forza 3. and only 2 years to make Forza 4? Really? So...what, Forza 4 is going to have better graphics and all the DLC cars from FM3 right off the bat?

Just Meh, I dont know people But first of all this wasnt as good as Last Years E3 Conference, this one just looked like a Lets show Anything Before PD so people wont forget about us.

And about that Being Ingame, Blergh, Why they lie like that, the only thing I remember is like when Che said FM3's High Poly models were also Ingame...which happened to be a lie.

Heres me Hoping they pull out something good out of this, I felt dissapointed about FM3 and do not want this ''New Forza'' to be the same.

on the Forza site, they called it "Forza Motorsport Preview" which suggests a more GT5 Prologue type of thing. And I'm still not sure about it. I'm not sure if I'd get it. We'll see.

Guys this is a tech demo of the ideas they are probably going to implement in Forza Motorsport 4, this is not a game by itself and probably is not going to be released at all, is not a prologue thing, is what "Vision Gran Turismo" was.

They also are not going for "kinect only", we are going to be able to drive with the controller (confirmed by developer) and if we have Kinect we will have access to cook features like Headtracking which is simply awesome, also walk around our car, after all they are making the option of driving with kinect.

About the whole realtime presentation, yes is real time and ingame, the part where they drive is and the part where they walk around the car is too, what is not realtime and is pretty obvious is when the guy place his hand and the video loads showing even more detail (thats pre render from a even higher policount model).

And to the people saying that this is turning into NFS, sorry but you are wrong, Turn10 is releasing game every 2 years, Forza 1 (2005), Forza 2 (2007), Forza 3 (2009) and now Forza 4 (2011) so it makes total sence especially when you know that this generation will be around for like 3 more years.

It's turning out to be the same crap as they did with Forza 3 where they released super high res screenshots and videos before the game was released and once it was out, you had the LOD problems and couldn't even take photo mode pictures that good.

Turn 10 community manager on the NeoGAF forums is doing the same thing he was doing before claiming it's all real-time and in-game. So yeah, I think this is more of a bit of damage control for today's conference. Like I said though, I'll wait for hands on and gameplay and live things first before judging anything :P

Here you can see the shameless difference between the screenshot they released and the live demo stuff (look at the tire, says michelin on the high-res edited one and not on the live one):
vr96rm.png

e3-2010-forza-4-artwork-20100614031909709.jpg

Since that was posted, the community guy is nowhere to be seen and I guess he'll just be gone for a few months like last time when the Photo mode debacle happened :P

Last edited:
There was a warning, but about fanboy comments. My comment is factual. The showroom models are different than the in-race models. Fact. I'll assume you have the game by your comment. It swaps the high poly vehicle models for low poly ones at the very start of the race (when the HUD pops up).

I was talking about the 'sly' emoticon you used at the end of your post. It was irrelevant to the conversation, and that little bit of smugness at the end makes it look very bad.

It's not the fact that you stated that was fanboyish, it was the fact that you posted it here with no relevance to the rest of the thread. We were discussing if the video was pre-rendered or not, it has nothing to do with GT5.

It has 3 USB ports on back.
2 in front.

Just Meh, I dont know people But first of all this wasnt as good as Last Years E3 Conference, this one just looked like a Lets show Anything Before PD so people wont forget about us.

And about that Being Ingame, Blergh, Why they lie like that, the only thing I remember is like when Che said FM3's High Poly models were also Ingame...which happened to be a lie.

Heres me Hoping they pull out something good out of this, I felt dissapointed about FM3 and do not want this ''New Forza'' to be the same.

The actual races (even replays) wont look that good. In fact modeling each car to that degree would take up more space than the cars do right now. Meaning they would either

a) reduce the car count
b) add more discs

That's just the limitation of games and hardware.

Also, the amount of anti-aliasing (which was more than 4xAA) is complete bullocks. Neither the PS3 or 360 support more than 4xAA. Too many companies try to pass off certain graphics for in engine, but that doesn't mean it's actually running on the 360/PS3.

e3-2010-forza-4-artwork-20100614031909709.jpg

Yeah, this 100% isn't real time rendering. My PC rig (which can run Crysis at max settings) would barely be able to render that sort of bump mapping for the ground texture. Especially with THAT much anti aliasing.

Last edited:
Since that was posted, the community guy is nowhere to be seen and I guess he'll just be gone for a few months like last time when the Photo mode debacle happened :P

Assuming you're talking about Che? He has a habit of outright lieing about these things and disappear for a while waiting for things to settle. He even got banned once from NeoGaf IIRC for trolling or something.

Last edited:
Demo video here from E3

Dan as usual, trolling saying "oh yeah we look at competitors like Codemasters and Need for Speed"...

Jay
Assuming you're talking about Che? He has a habit of outright lieing about these things ad dissapear for a while waiting for things to settle. He even got banned once from NeoGaf IIRC for trolling or something.
Yep che. He trolls the GT5 thread quite a lot and got banned like twice but now he's not anymore for god knows what reason lol.

Last edited:
What I find both funny and quite baffling (not the info itself but the fact that it's even necessary) is all the infos around the car-

Wheel Structure:
Reduced Weight
Improved Cooling

Weight Ballast (an arrow pointing down)
Thermometer (an arrow pointing up)

Info underneath weight (I'm guessing cause it's really small):
-less time from 60.? mph
-stable cornering
-safer more ??? driving

Info underneath the thermometer/cooling:
-greater performance
-faster air flow
-less friction

I guess it's nothing more than eye-candy and fits into the whole "Minority Report" trite.

I sorta feel sorry for T10 but hopefully Dan G will find his place- don't try too hard, have some fun and it's not always about the money.

What I find both funny and quite baffling (not the info itself but the fact that it's even necessary) is all the infos around the car-

Wheel Structure:
Reduced Weight
Improved Cooling

Weight Ballast (an arrow pointing down)
Thermometer (an arrow pointing up)

Info underneath weight (I'm guessing cause it's really small):
-less time from 60.? mph
-stable cornering
-safer more ??? driving

Info underneath the thermometer/cooling:
-greater performance
-faster air flow
-less friction

I guess it's nothing more than eye-candy and fits into the whole "Minority Report" trite.

I sorta feel sorry for T10 but hopefully Dan G will find his place- don't try too hard, have some fun and it's not always about the money.

Unfortunately it's all about the money, and not about racing.

Yes, Che is a liability..

But I don't judge T10/FM by Che, it's a shame you have to ignore everything that comes out of his lips, he clearly likes to talk first, then go and find the real facts later...

The internet is an amazing place, they show driving using Kinect at a heavy Kinect centric presentation, and people are up in arms claiming that it's rubbish and no way they'll be buying the game because they prefer a controller.. It beggars belief how people take everything so literally without stopping to think.

[edit]

I've just watched the Gamespot video.. Nice!!!
As mentioned it's just a Vertical Slice (Concept), and it was nice to see the car 'tour' is actually realtime.. I realise that the on-stage demo was no doubt staged/mimed to ensure it works perfectly/delivers the expected result (don't want the guy spinning off and driving like an idiot in your presentation), but clearly they are demoing it behind doors and showing it is as shown in the main presentation, all realtime..

@Alba - I think you are just to sensitive about Dan, just because he didn't mention GT, which technically isn't 'competition', I think perhaps he is dialling it down a bit... It shows you can't ever win, if he dared mention GT in the same sentance as FM, he gets a hammering, if he doesn't, it's disrespectful or something? I know you like FM a little, and tolerate it whilst GT is in the works, so I know you aren't some jaded fanboy :)

Last edited:
Back