Breaking - Forza head tracking.

saw it, find it cool, but nothing exceptional.

and kinect is semi cool. You tried to leave your hands in the air for an hour.
Time crysis was not cool anymore after hours. Your arms become heavy.
And that's not how gaming should be.
I have a touchscreen and holding constantly your arms up (for drawing ) is really not relax.
That is the whole hole in the concept there.

MS/xbox conference was not what the market was hoping for.
Look at the comments on gaming sites, look at the stock market,...

hopefully Sony crashes the party heavily with GT shiping today (that was cool from Ms, but else to much shovelware)

Kinect can read your mind.

rbddd.gif

Yes, Che is a liability..

But I don't judge T10/FM by Che, it's a shame you have to ignore everything that comes out of his lips, he clearly likes to talk first, then go and find the real facts later...

The internet is an amazing place, they show driving using Kinect at a heavy Kinect centric presentation, and people are up in arms claiming that it's rubbish and no way they'll be buying the game because they prefer a controller.. It beggars belief how people take everything so literally without stopping to think.

[edit]

I've just watched the Gamespot video.. Nice!!!
As mentioned it's just a Vertical Slice (Concept), and it was nice to see the car 'tour' is actually realtime.. I realise that the on-stage demo was no doubt staged/mimed to ensure it works perfectly/delivers the expected result (don't want the guy spinning off and driving like an idiot in your presentation), but clearly they are demoing it behind doors and showing it is as shown in the main presentation, all realtime..

@Alba - I think you are just to sensitive about Dan, just because he didn't mention GT, which technically isn't 'competition', I think perhaps he is dialling it down a bit... It shows you can't ever win, if he dared mention GT in the same sentance as FM, he gets a hammering, if he doesn't, it's disrespectful or something? I know you like FM a little, and tolerate it whilst GT is in the works, so I know you aren't some jaded fanboy :)

Yep, Che is a shame, i like Turn10 a lot and thats why i dislike them having a douche like Che. Jube and Landin are great for example, Dan is a great guy too (and doesnt lie like Che), especially when Microsoft PR is not pushing him to be so agressive (check videos of him about every other Forza except Forza 3 during E3 and near presentations), in this one he shows again quite humble IMO.

Forza demo worked quite good behind the closed door, all is real, ingame and realtime except those video sequenses where they show you the inside of the engine bay, etc and those picture (obviously pre render artworks).

Kinect can read your mind.

rbddd.gif

Yep, the whole presentation (as most of the other Kinect) where scripted to avoid **** ups, but clearly in the case of Forza tech demo it works quite well (check the multiple videos).

But whatever : controller/wheel + headtracking + virtual showroom = Its going to be awesome!!

Wow, deffo day 1 for me then.. :D

But 1/10 for trolling... ;)

(I know you have FM3 and take some wonderful photo's, but posting that seems quite fanboyish..)

Not at all. But it does say a lot about you though, phil-truncheon.

011policebrutality2.jpg

Kinect will add to the experience, but there will be classic controls.

Jube, i think that this need to be clarified in Forzamotorsport.net too, to make it totally clear because theres still many people thinking that Forza is going to be a kinect exclusive and you wont be able to use controllers or wheels.

I know this is pretty much implied in the article about Future of Forza but it need to be explicit, many people are still confused. 👍

Jube, i think that this need to be clarified in Forzamotorsport.net too, to make it totally clear because theres still many people thinking that Forza is going to be a kinect exclusive and you wont be able to use controllers or wheels.

I know this is pretty much implied in the article about Future of Forza but it need to be explicit, many people are still confused. 👍

Yep, I've been posting there and will most likely mention it in this weeks pitpass report as well. We have a new video that shows more of the 458 going up today. Pretty cool video, in HD too! :D

Yep, I've been posting there and will most likely mention it in this weeks pitpass report as well. We have a new video that shows more of the 458 going up today. Pretty cool video, in HD too! :D

Hey Jube, some of us would like to know if we can have controller/wheel + headtracking , i think its very likely (and would be an awesome feature) but a confirmation of this would be great.

Thanks

Blimey, touched a nerve..

And after we'd already talked about the staged demo at the conference, but people showed the behind closed doors proved it was 'real', it seemed very odd to post that gif at that time, I know you aren't a rabid fanboy, but posting neoGAF gifs that just show everything in a false negative light just seems odd from you, that's all, no police nanny state thing going on.. I said 'Seems' as I was trying to say that people may take it in a negative way, but hey ho, carry on with the childish attention diverting..

@Jube,

Nice to see you here!!! Go and kick Che up the ass will you!.. Honesty is always the best policy, surely Dan etc wouldn't endorse his daft instant reaction of it's all ingame, when the image shows a totally different car/background/tyres/you name it!!! I know you are a guy with a lot of talent/integrity, Che just needs a nudge in the right direction..

:)

Last edited:

011policebrutality2.jpg

Hahaha :D

Also @Jube you should get Che's title tbh, he's too much of a douche to me. At least you're a cool guy :)

I've read a few people criticising this kinetic thing too, personally I would prefer to use a wheel as well. But, if you could combine the two control methods so that you still drive the car with the wheel and pedals but you can use kinetic to do things like switch the headlights, wipers on/off and of course use it to move around the car and get in as shown in the demo, that could be brilliant.

I've voiced my criticisms of Forza 3 on here, but that doesn't mean I don't like the game. In fact, if I downright don't like a game I don't even put the effort in to criticise it, I criticise it because I want it to be as good as it possibly can be because I like it. But I see some very interesting ways you could use this technology for the series, just not to steer the car. I can see a casual audience for that, but as long as that doesn't interfere with the more hardcore audience then so what.

Seeing Gran Turismo and Forza both one upping each other in their own ways is brilliant for the consumers. It's healthy to have this competition even though they're on different platforms because it means the standards can't drop of one of them is out and neither can afford to.

i've read a few people criticising this kinetic thing too, personally i would prefer to use a wheel as well. But, if you could combine the two control methods so that you still drive the car with the wheel and pedals but you can use kinetic to do things like switch the headlights, wipers on/off and of course use it to move around the car and get in as shown in the demo, that could be brilliant.

I've voiced my criticisms of forza 3 on here, but that doesn't mean i don't like the game. In fact, if i downright don't like a game i don't even put the effort in to criticise it, i criticise it because i want it to be as good as it possibly can be because i like it. But i see some very interesting ways you could use this technology for the series, just not to steer the car. I can see a casual audience for that, but as long as that doesn't interfere with the more hardcore audience then so what.

Seeing gran turismo and forza both one upping each other in their own ways is brilliant for the consumers. It's healthy to have this competition even though they're on different platforms because it means the standards can't drop of one of them is out and neither can afford to.

+1,000,000

I hear they're trying to do a similar thing with the Playstation system and 800 of the cars in GT5. Here's a preview screen of the interior tracking;

2427363885_e73dfc92b7.jpg

:P

I was only being light hearted BTW, before any members get uppity about it. I've got both consoles and plan on getting GT5 on release day. 👍

I was only being light hearted BTW, before any members get uppity about it. I've got both consoles and plan on getting GT5 on release day. 👍

Anyone who gets uppity needs to wind thier neck in. I have to agree with Pluto 3, one of the best comments i've seen in at least a week. :)

Back