Breaking News: TT Released in UK

I couldn't go to GAME. There was a stabbing in the shopping centre I went to. :lol:

Well GAME have delivered my copy at home...........and I'm stuck in Leeds with work until tomorrow night.

Now thats damn frustrating.

Even worse I have to come back to Leeds on Sunday afternoon.

GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not a happy bunny

Scaff

Anyone notice much differences over the NTSC versions?

*EDIT* The Technical problem GTP is having at the moment caused the double post.

Wooooooo, i was actually waiting outside my Game store at 9am. Picked it up and ran home to play. I'm hooked, this is brilliant.

I got to my local game at 9:15 they wer'e still setting the tills and stuff up, i was dying to get home, and i've not stopped playing it since i got back :D and what an amazing game, it was definatley worth the wait.

This game is like kissing an old girlfriend, it's strange but eerily familiar. Unfortunately I got it home, booted up the PS2 and found out that my brother has used up all the space on the memory card so I could only use the arcade mode (took some of the 600s for a spin) but it's a damn good blast none the less. 👍

PoliniJake
I got to my local game at 9:15 they wer'e still setting the tills and stuff up, i was dying to get home, and i've not stopped playing it since i got back :D and what an amazing game, it was definatley worth the wait.

was it selling for 34.99? sure the americans got it for 30 dollars, rip off britain as usual.

Aaargh! you guys are killing me! :nervous: *I want that one* here in hollandia the game is supposed to have been shipped to me by now but it's not here yet...which is :odd: Ah well, there's always tomorrow...

I got it on the way back from school this afternoon

it's a real good game, but not easy in the beginning

lol, even my dad tried it and didn't want to stop :)

edit: here in belgium it costs £40.56 (€59.99)

I bought my copy of TT from Virgin for £30. I 1st went into GAME who were selling it for £35 though I swear their website said £30.

It's on sale in NL as well now, just picked up a copy this Friday. Be sure to check the obvious stores before you purchase as there are price differences. It was a lot cheaper than I expected though.

AMG.

Hey AMG, it's good to hear it's officially out here too. I've ordered a copy through the freerecordshop for €59.99, and hope to have it this weekend. Looked as if bol.com was 10 euros more expensive though..

Tailslide
This game is like kissing an old girlfriend, it's strange but eerily familiar.

:D A most apt description of the TT experience. It’s good to see that the waiting is finally paying off for the non-importing PAL folk. With the PS3 being region free, that may have been your final region based wait for a PD product!

Vip
Anyone notice much differences over the NTSC versions?
A handful of new bikes. See my sig for further details

Touring Bars
Unfortunately, a prior appointment with the beer doctor means that even if it does turn up on time, I won't actually be able to play it until atleast Saturday...
Sounds like the beer doctor is in need of some long service leave…;)

Samberto
It’s good to see that the waiting is finally paying off for the non-importing PAL folk. With the PS3 being region free, that may have been your final region based wait for a PD product!

Hey Sam!

Yeah..just been checking and I've been waiting for the game since mid-September! That's more than 8 months! :eek: Now let the wait for TT 2 begin!

Glad you liked the quote Sam, I can't remember where I originally heard the quote but it's just so apt for TT. 💡
BTW this is only the 3rd game I've bought for the PS2 (that belongs to my brother), no prizes for guessing what the other 2 games are. ;)

i feel strangely empty with this game if you follow me.
it was billed to basicly be gran turismo with bikes but after seeing the amount of bikes and tracks,i had the feeling....is that it :indiff:

Holdenhsvgtsr
i feel strangely empty with this game if you follow me.
it was billed to basicly be gran turismo with bikes but after seeing the amount of bikes and tracks,i had the feeling....is that it :indiff:

For it being the 1st one, 37 tracks and over 100 bikes Is not too bad, If theres gonna be more made then that will increase, If you were hoping to get 600 bikes and 50 odd tracks then you'd be waitng along time to get it.

pmc40
For it being the 1st one, 37 tracks and over 100 bikes Is not too bad, If theres gonna be more made then that will increase, If you were hoping to get 600 bikes and 50 odd tracks then you'd be waitng along time to get it.
not really,i mean they would have had all the data from GT4 for lots of other tracks like le mans,the test track(cant believe thats not in it!!) etc so dont know why there isnt more tracks

Finally got my copy in Aus!

It's great! (once you work out through infuriating trial and error you need to turn off "failure conditions" to do wheelies, burnouts etc)

Holdenhsvgtsr
not really,i mean they would have had all the data from GT4 for lots of other tracks like le mans,the test track(cant believe thats not in it!!) etc so dont know why there isnt more tracks

Motorcycles don't use the same track at LeMans as cars, they use the Bugatti circuit. :)

And it seems PD did modifications to some tracks to make them bike friendlier. IMO it doesn't make a ton of sense to include a bunch of tracks motorcycles don't actually ever use just because they can (esp. if it takes work and time to alter the width, etc. for the game)

I would have preferred more of the tracks in the game were used than more tracks included. For example, of the 35 or so tracks in the game it seems Suzuka in all variations, Grand Valley, Autumn Ring, Motegi and Valencia pulled heavy rotation, but you'd almost have to search to see that Hong Kong, El Cap and others were included.

Just a quick note for Aussies- it’s worth picking TT up from Toys R Us, as they have it for $82. So far I’ve been enjoying the game in PAL resolution, and I’m pretty sure that this version will become my main player. Got to love the new Yoshi.

I finally got to play it for about 6 hours last night as my friend bought it, I love it, awesome game.

I will buy it during the week.

Samberto
Touring Bars
Unfortunately, a prior appointment with the beer doctor means that even if it does turn up on time, I won't actually be able to play it until atleast Saturday...
Sounds like the beer doctor is in need of some long service leave…;)
:lol:, Touring Bars indeed...

I got the game as promised on Friday and had a quite blast on Friday night but gave it a good spin yesterday...

Initial impressions are very good.... it feels different, and although the tracks are all the same (except for the lovely new Valencia track, and the mods at Tsukuba and Suzuka), the handling of the bikes means that a fresh approach to each and every corner at each and every track is necessary...

One thing I noticed was that watching someone else play can make you extremely nauseous!! It was like being on a boat in rough seas! Luckily you don't really get that when you're playing it yourself.

Tailslide
This game is like kissing an old girlfriend, it's strange but eerily familiar.
No comment ;)👍

Back