Breaking News: TT Released in UK

I'm getting sooo jealous of you guys, I won't be getting hold of my copy till mid week. :irked: My brother has it already so I've managed a quick spin round at his place but I'm itching to get hold of my own copy.

@ Touring Mars (or is it now Bars? :lol: ) I noticed that it does mess with your head slightly when watching others, I had to look away a few times for fear of vomiting, nothing wrong with the game, I think it's just the camera. 👍

Now we have worldwide coverage of TT I'm assuming there will or already is a WRS style race series? I'm going to look for it now.

Happy racing guys. Be with you all soon. 👍

Wow I thought I had the controls down decently... then I try and do a lap of the Nurb on a really fast bike... :scared:

I absolutely cannot get around 1 lap without crashing out dramatically at least 4 times, trying to push pretty hard though...
All those bumps + crazy speeds + no downforce = get thrown off whenever the incline changes and you haven't got the bike PERFECTLY balanced...

Its insane how much more dangerous it is jumping a bike than a car... you have to be going perfectly straight and true when you hit the crest of any hill...

I'm really loving the game, its a great challenge and even injects life into those old GT original tracks that I've SOO hated in the past. Deep Forest is scary right after the long back straight!

Touring Mars
One thing I noticed was that watching someone else play can make you extremely nauseous!! It was like being on a boat in rough seas! Luckily you don't really get that when you're playing it yourself.

SuperT
@ Touring Mars (or is it now Bars? :lol: ) I noticed that it does mess with your head slightly when watching others, I had to look away a few times for fear of vomiting, nothing wrong with the game, I think it's just the camera. 👍

I never seem to get motion sickness and TT doesn't effect me at all, but a friend of mine gets motion sickness pretty easy so when we first started using handle bar (first person) view first thing he said to me was this is probably going to make him sick. Luckily (surprisingly) he was completely unaffected by it. It seems to effect people in different ways.

What views are you guys using?

VIPERGTSR01
I never seem to get motion sickness and TT doesn't effect me at all, but a friend of mine gets motion sickness pretty easy so when we first started using handle bar (first person) view first thing he said to me was this is probably going to make him sick. Luckily (surprisingly) he was completely unaffected by it. It seems to effect people in different ways.

Sadly don't have my copy yet but I only noticed it when I wasn't actually playing. Been playing it on my brothers telly which is huge, (around 60 odd inch screen I think? Git.)

He was using bumber/front wheel cam, I used it in chase mode, the same way I usually play GT.

I'm using the helmet view. I love the realism.
When i'm used to the diffences in the track layouts i think i'm going to turn the map off and use simple view instead of normal.

VIPERGTSR01
Been using a mixture of all three views, although I seem to be doing better using either the handle-bar view or the full road shot rather than the full-bike view...

Still, I'm loving the game as well... still having a few spills here and there, but connecting together a few smooth turns is great 👍

Right, I have my nice shiny new copy of Tourist Trophy. 👍

I'm off to get some blisters on my thumbs. ;)

Edit: First licence done and quite a few bikes earned in challenge mode. Looking good so far. 👍

First licence results; 3 bronze, 6 silver and 1 gold. :)

Wow! i had absolutely no idea when the release date was for TT.
Id noticed some people mentioning it a while back and was just gonna wait til i saw it.
The other day (2nd of june) i went into woolworths to buy my brother his birthday present and spotted it on the shelf.
I had no idea that was actually the release date for it! Talk about lucky.
£32.99 i paid for it, well, well worth (wool worth even ;)) the money, i love it.
In 4 days ive got all gold on novice, all silver on junior Liscences and all bronze on expert, 44 bikes and 28% complete.

I was beginning to think maybe this game is too small but then like others have said it is the first one in its series.
I must say im getting rather used to this game now, i can slaughter the AI lineup fairly respectively and i might start turning in some lap times to compare to the rest of the TT community :)

VIPERGTSR01
I seem to have settled upon the dash view - it feels like the most realistic view. My only niggle with it is that one or two bikes have a solid edge to their windscreens, and occassionally this can happen to be at exactly the same eye-level as the point of the road that you're trying to focus on i.e. the horizon or an upcoming corner... but it's only on a few bikes, and anyway, if anything it makes the game even more realistic...

Ive been playing with the dash views, but they vary, some are nice. On the other hand some are really nasty. The Brutale 910 is really jagged.

Yes, a few of the dash views are a bit blocky/pixelated or jaggy, but since they are intended to be in your peripheral vision, the game gets away with it quite well...

The only thing impairing my vision today is the fact that I stayed up playing till two o'clock this morning then had to get up for work at six. :dunce: :ill:

Touring Mars
I seem to have settled upon the dash view - it feels like the most realistic view. My only niggle with it is that one or two bikes have a solid edge to their windscreens, and occassionally this can happen to be at exactly the same eye-level as the point of the road that you're trying to focus on i.e. the horizon or an upcoming corner... but it's only on a few bikes, and anyway, if anything it makes the game even more realistic...

I like how your view changes a bit up or down depending whether you're tucking or not.

Bought mine from HMV for £29.99 (GAME have got to be lidding charging £34.99 especially as they are just opposite HMV in Aylesbury). I had some points on my HMV Game Reward card (£5 back for every £100 you spend) so got a fiver off and also had a voucher from the HMV charge card I just got so I actually paid £23.99 in "real" money.

Glad to here we get three extra bikes seeing as we had to wait so long. At least I got to play the American and Japanese versions (to keep the PD collection up to date). I even got the Chinese version cheaply.

I have yet to play the game (too busy playing the Japanese Digaea 2). I will have to find (or create) a 100% save with all bikes in all colours (could be a major undertaking as there are extra colours to contend with). At least there are some ARMax codes to make life easier.

I'm working on a 100% game save, got to 7.4% so far in two evenings. :sly:

I like the way the licence tests actually relates to what bikes you can buy, wonder if we'll get that in GT5?

Back