Bridgestone Tour. FINISHED!

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 1,417 comments

Qualification fuel consumption? Shall I turn it off, to maximise on track quali time?

• No. Keep it on x3

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Yes. Turn it off.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While it really looks like the kind of thing I would love to get into I won't be able to make any of it. We are bailing for a month out of country so I won't have access to any gt sport during that time. Will look to see what else comes up after that. Good for setting up to schedule 1 off races.

When you add it by clicking the japanese text box, it will add it to your collection under decals. If you go to your library, click on decals, then click on collection, you should see them there. It's similar in the livery editer when you go to add a decal. You will see a box with your decals if you have made any, a bunch of boxes with generic decals that DP have provided. Up near the top will also be tabs for Collection and Favorites. Select collection and you should see any decals you have added to your collection from discovery.

Must admit I have limited knowledge of the livery editor, other than to paint bits of the car a different colour.

One thought though, I'm viewing this forum on my PC and I wonder if you guys are browsing the web on the PS4, which I've never used for the internet. That's why I'm struggling to see the steps needed to get the decals from the link into the game. If my thought is correct, do you have a keyboard attached to the PS4, if that is possible? I've only had PS4 for a year, with one game, i.e. GTS, so have very limited knowledge of how this all works.

Must admit I have limited knowledge of the livery editor, other than to paint bits of the car a different colour.

One thought though, I'm viewing this forum on my PC and I wonder if you guys are browsing the web on the PS4, which I've never used for the internet. That's why I'm struggling to see the steps needed to get the decals from the link into the game. If my thought is correct, do you have a keyboard attached to the PS4, if that is possible? I've only had PS4 for a year, with one game, i.e. GTS, so have very limited knowledge of how this all works.

I too use my PC for the forum, I don't use the web browser on the PS4. With your computer you can create your own decals and via PDs Gran Turismo website, upload those decals to your personal decals. You can also add to your collection from Explore on the web site, as well as from Explore in the game. You can only use the livery editor from the game. Once you start getting into creating your own liveries, it's easy to fall down the rabbit hole. The next step from using decals created by others is to make your own. Once you start down that path, you have to ask yourself a question.... red pill or blue pill? :lol:. There are some people who hardly actually play the game. They invest a lot of time making liveries and taking race photos or scapes.

I too use my PC for the forum, I don't use the web browser on the PS4. With your computer you can create your own decals and via PDs Gran Turismo website, upload those decals to your personal decals. You can also add to your collection from Explore on the web site, as well as from Explore in the game. You can only use the livery editor from the game. Once you start getting into creating your own liveries, it's easy to fall down the rabbit hole. The next step from using decals created by others is to make your own. Once you start down that path, you have to ask yourself a question.... red pill or blue pill? :lol:. There are some people who hardly actually play the game. They invest a lot of time making liveries and taking race photos or scapes.

Thanks for the info.
I've logged onto the GT website and found the decal uploader. I have Photoshop CC, which is updated regularly, but within the 'save as' and new file options there is no mention of .svg files and the GT manual makes no mention of how to actually create the decal. Why is life so difficult??

Can anyone please explain to me how they go about this?

For the second race:

5837229248824247841_23.jpg

If I am to go down in flames driving a MR car, I will go down in style :D

Edit: on second thought I think I might create a whole new one for all, so I can run all the cars in same livery. Hmmm. I need to consult with the missus, she is the designer in the family after all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
I've logged onto the GT website and found the decal uploader. I have Photoshop CC, which is updated regularly, but within the 'save as' and new file options there is no mention of .svg files and the GT manual makes no mention of how to actually create the decal. Why is life so difficult??

Can anyone please explain to me how they go about this?

If you are going the Adobe route, Photoshop won't do it, you need Illustrator. There are online tools for vector creation, but I prefer Inkscape. The biggest pain in the arse about making your own decals is the 15k file size limit. You often find that some decals have to be broken up into several files. Some of the anime decals on discovery have as many as 8 separate files that need to be assembled to create the finished character.

If you are going the Adobe route, Photoshop won't do it, you need Illustrator. There are online tools for vector creation, but I prefer Inkscape. The biggest pain in the arse about making your own decals is the 15k file size limit. You often find that some decals have to be broken up into several files. Some of the anime decals on discovery have as many as 8 separate files that need to be assembled to create the finished character.

Yep - I tried with photoshop with simple text referring to a You Tube video. I uploaded into GTS but it doesn't appear in my library. This all sounds like a bit of a headache and I'll use the decals there and concentrate on the racing instead. Thanks for your help.

Just to update, the decal didn't show on the website, but it was there in the game when I logged in. It was simple text and well rendered too and this has been applied to a couple of cars. The ability to add text is all I wanted to achieve, so job done. A YT video explains how to achieve this, but there is no sound.

Admittedly starting races at 1am isn't the most convenient, but I may be able to do it after uni exams are over. The first couple of races are impossible for me. Thanks for the offer btw ;)

No worries, man. Do you want me to put you on the reserve list, for later races?

Thanks for the invite. But I'll pass.

None of the rounds sound appealing enough and to be honest the race start format is one I'm not a fan of.

Hi thanks for the invite after the 911 Porsche got cancelled. I’d like to enter please, however, I will miss the first round on the 24th jan.

GTP - Kermit_2142
PSN - Kermit_2142
Race number : 69 or if that’s taken 46.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Question for everyone. Do you wan't to run total points for all eight rounds? Or, would you like to just keep the best six? Basically, how many points do do we want @Mistah_MCA to get? :lol:

Hi thanks for the invite after the 911 Porsche got cancelled. I’d like to enter please, however, I will miss the first round on the 24th jan.

GTP - Kermit_2142
PSN - Keemit_2142
Race number : 69 or if that’s taken 46.

Thanks.

No worries, mate. You're in with #69.

It'll be a bit more casual in nature. Less things to remember. Just rock up, and race.

Get working on those liveries :cheers:

Question for everyone. Do you wan't to run total points for all eight rounds? Or, would you like to just keep the best six? Basically, how many points do do we want @Mistah_MCA to get? :lol:

No worries, mate. You're in with #69.

It'll be a bit more casual in nature. Less things to remember. Just rock up, and race.

Get working on those liveries :cheers:

yes, might be better to get a best six as it's probable that most won't be able to make every race. I'm working on circumventing Mistah's home security right now with some child-like Home Alone type mischievous booby traps to delay his participation :lol:

Finally decided on a livery style, all liveries done and ready. Now I can focus on racing and practice
4683757987815228969_23.jpg

5846248533999485481_23.jpg

4972542517893432865_23.jpg

Lambo number 5

5989796376286887977_23.jpg

5980793574679119393_23.jpg

5989800780241076777_23.jpg

5846248542119691809_23.jpg

4693323733072347681_23.jpg

All the number plates are colour coded as to the country of manufacturers.

Nicely done, mate. Just one thing to point out, though. You only need the Mazda branding on the SF :)

I've been working on my SF livery for about a week :lol: they're a ballache to work on. Hoping to have it finished over the weekend.

Then I just need to do the Renault, R8, and Porsche.

Nicely done, mate. Just one thing to point out, though. You only need the Mazda branding on the SF :)

I've been working on my SF livery for about a week :lol: they're a ballache to work on. Hoping to have it finished over the weekend.

Then I just need to do the Renault, R8, and Porsche.
I know I only need that on the SF, but I wanted all the cars to have the same sponsors. But Rays would not sponsor the SF, since it runs on BBS rims :D

Back