Brilliant Racing Videos

1975 Dutch Grand Prix.

With one brief cutaway, it's a nearly perfect lap of the old Zandvoort, the back end of which is now housing from what I gather.

Were CARTs on sequential shifters in the late 90s? I'm really surprised they aren't paddles in the video, it being one of my first few times to see a car from that era like this.

Were CARTs on sequential shifters in the late 90s? I'm really surprised they aren't paddles in the video, it being one of my first few times to see a car from that era like this.
They absolutely were.

I don't think they even had paddles until the series went to that spec Panoz chassis in its final seasons beginning in 2007.

Last edited:

I love it when something like this happens, and the son/father gets a clear perspective of what the other got to drive.

Cotton certainly wasn't leaving much in reserve though, and taking track limits over the edge at the final turn.
That certainly wasn't gripped up asphalt back in Bryan's day, and there wasn't any green area either side of the red/white kerbing at the famous 'Corkscrew'.

It's the moments like these that really get you in the feels.

I can recall that car in 1991 being driven at the limit by my first F1 idol, Ayrton Senna.
The first V12 & the last 3-pedal, manual shift McLaren. Happy memories.

I'm not sure where to ask this, but does anyone have a link to where I can watch late 80s/earl 90s DTM races online? Thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure where to ask this, but does anyone have a link to where I can watch late 80s/earl 90s DTM races online? Thanks in advance :)
I've found YouTube to be the best porthole to the past for most categories.

You also have a better chance of finding full races, and commentary in different languages.

I’m still amazed how fast they drove in those conditions. I know when they lose it, they lose it, but even the cornering speeds get me.

Latest Posts

Back