Bring GT Academy to Canada!! - Sign Here!! Photo Competition Added!!

• Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 176 comments

Should GT Academy come to Canada?

• Total voters
I am Canadian, and I would love to see Canada taking part in the next GT Academy.

MustangCobra95, that's very ignorant of you.... thankfully your narrow minded, and skewed view of Canadian drivers isn't shared amongst the rest of the world.

MustangCobra95
Considering all of the racing I've done with Canadians and horrible memories with them, I don't think Canada is ready for GT Academy...

Sorry, but I have to say No to this. I hope it doesn't offend you in anyway.

Because there is no bad drivers in USA and Europe?

Im about 2 hours away from canada. Love that place,poutine escpesially,hockey rules too. Put my name on the petition. I actually took a road trip from montreal to B.C. last year,best effin time of my life,wonderful people up there no doubt

Other than you and a couple other Oshawa, all the Canadians I've raced with have been dirty, so that's a no. Also, way to make a fair and balanced poll :P

Other than you and a couple other Oshawa, all the Canadians I've raced with have been dirty, so that's a no. Also, way to make a fair and balanced poll :P

It's been quite the opposite for me.

You should check out some of the top racing leagues on here, most of the fast Canadians hide in there.

I think that was their original plan was to include more than just the USA, then ran into that weird law problem and decided to just move on with what they could, without changing the name.

All I know is at the National Finals they were really interested in finding out how to include Canada and Mexico. So it's not like they aren't trying or weren't interested.

Jahgee1124

Pot........kettle..........black.

Hmmmmm.

....Also, way to make a fair and balanced poll :P

The poll is meant to show how many Canadian's want this and how many people form other countries want to see this happen. It supposed to be for a quick look rather then reading every post to see who says yes and no etc. If you don't agree with either one, don't post or vote.

I'm rather disheartened by the american xenophobia towards Canada. I'm happy its a minority, but I can still see why I get insta-kicked from pub american rooms online.

Considering all of the racing I've done with Canadians and horrible memories with them, I don't think Canada is ready for GT Academy...

Sorry, but I have to say No to this. I hope it doesn't offend you in anyway.

When some one says that in a sentence.
Be prepared to be offended...

I've race with Germans can't drive.. and guess who came from germany?
Sebastian_Vettel_Germany-German_flag_01.jpg

Country doesn't have much to do with Racing ability.

Last edited:
GT Academy would get everyone out of the igloos where we have been playing for over a year now. Canada is ready!
And by the way, William Shatner – Canadian…actually, that’s not a good example as I’m sure he has crashed a few of the Enterprises.

I'm not Canadian but I think they should have a chance!

And to those who have a bad impression of Canadian racers: The terrible ones won't come anywhere close to winning GT Academy anyway. ;)

I think all countries should participate. I tried to look for canadian car manufacturers after reading this thread and there isn't much. I will say that the Knight XV by Conquest Vehicles is one scary looking SUV.

Thank you to everyone who voted and posted their positive comments. Keep it coming! Put a link to this thread in your signature to help it along.

I'd say that Canadians are acting entitled, but then I didn't create a contest for 1 country and name it after an entire continent.

Names are quite often placed before focus groups, so I'm going to guess that Sony found the name GT Academy United States was quite unpopular worldwide, compared to GT Academy North America.

As far as a GT Academy that includes Canadians, I watched one cousin on Canadian Idol, so I really wouldn't mind seeing another on GT Academy.

Edit: What is with all this poison directed at Canadian racers, by a couple of guys? Honestly, I feel like I'm watching Canadian Bacon.

Last edited:
An absolute load of rubbish? I'm being 100% legit. Sorry if I haven't raced with a lot of the 'good' Canadians, but You have to realize that I can't control getting in rooms with Canadians that 'suck.' I've had a long history with them and, although the races with the good Canadians were memorable, there was still an overwhelming amount of people that either ram me off the road, brake check, or, in some cases, try to PIT me on the last lap. If there is a way to flush out the regions with the bad racers and only allow the good regions to compete, then yes, I would support this, but until such a feature can be implemented, my answer is still no.

You must be a magnet for it because I've raced hundreds of races online and that stuff almost never happens to me, but maybe because I'm usually with the rest of the Canadians out in front of the pack :sly:

GT Academy should be open to all nations, it's a world game after all. But we do have some wonky laws here around contests and the "skill testing question" persists. I've won stuff before and the questions are written and they are stuff like 8+4x2-6 or simple stuff like that. Kind of silly really.

Now I'm leaving the igloo and hopping on my skidoo and going out for a ride to hunt some moose for dinner eh 👍

MOTORTRENDmitch
I get the vibe you are only hating at this point.

Maybe he once lost to a faster canadian. Or he's jealous about our Rocky Mountains and because our part of the Niagara Falls are bigger.

Back