Bring GT Academy to Canada!! - Sign Here!! Photo Competition Added!!

• Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 176 comments

Should GT Academy come to Canada?

• Total voters
What's the point of a poll if there's no option to disagree?

It's a petition... that means you sign your name in support of the given cause, not against it. So not signing, or in this case voting = disagreeing.

I wish this poll could have an actual impact on a decision, I'm afraid it's too late for 2012 as there hasn't been mention of Canada.

Nissan should give Canada and Mexico a shot, they sell a lot of vehicles here and in Mexico, just as a small token of appreciation...

Everyone deserves a shot

Yes sir. Unfortunately we are not Nissan, nor are we Sony or anything linked to GT Academy... Therefore we can only cry and wait until they realize that Brazil, Mexico, Eastern Europe contries, Asia, South Africa, etc could also race in this competition.

i find it pathetic how people are basing how some canadians drive online and say that we shouldn't have a GT Academy.....
heck, i consider myself a good racer and i drive dirty and losy online sometimes mainly because i can be fun just to go all out with wild driving
and for you americans saying no because we "drive dirty/lousy" is ridiculous!
i have raced plenty of americans online who have been terrible!
know why?
because online racing now seems to be plagued with 10-14 year old kids..... ever consider that?

Everyone that bought a copy of GT5 should be allowed to participate!

From what I understand from reading these boards, we can participate/play but cannot enter finals and win. It's going to be a stand alone download from the ps store.

Really hope we are allowed to compete in some capacity.
I've been practicing a long time, i'm ready.

Not saying we need our own GT_A just let us participate in the US one.
If some of us are fast enough to beat out the Americans, we deserve to be there.
If not, status quo shall resume.

The irony is that Canada possibly has faster drivers than USA (Turismo-lester, mike_peperni, lapierre4 just to name a few) yet they're not allowed to enter.

The irony is that Canada possibly has faster drivers than USA (Turismo-lester, mike_peperni, lapierre4 just to name a few) yet they're not allowed to enter.

Yes, I'm not kidding. If I could I would find a way to have TL represent Canada.

Thanks guys!
I thought about moving down there for last years GT-A but I read the rules and found out you had to be a legal citizen there for 2 years or so prior to the event.
Figured by the next round they'd let Canada in so I opted out of the move. Hope that wasn't a mistake!

I would be honoured to represtent Canada and i'm sure I would do us proud, but there's many other very fast guys up here (and many other countries) and I think we would all like a crack at it.
May the best man win I say.

I'm currently doing some fundraising to have you relocated to the USA for 8 weeks and represent Canada for us.

Yeah,
Ain't we all gonna give it a shot under a US account anyways?
Its just sad that no Canadian gonna have a chance to compete in real life.
Me think the "North American" pool will be very weak past the 8 weeks prelim.

How could they forget our belowed Canucks? Surely I'd like them too to join GT Academy. But not gonna happen this year i suppose.

Fobia

Ain't that the truth.

It would be nice to have you T-L or Etienne or any of the other truly fast Canadians be there representing us, of course. ^^ Been quite an honour racing with you guys and others.

I might whip a photo or something, maybe for this. Since it seems it's all I'm good at.

I just want to say that I havn't played GT5 in about 3 months

I strictly play iRacing which includes everyone who plays the opportunity at their world championship, which is worth around 10,000 dollars... I'm nowhere near that level, but at least I'm not in any way excluded from trying

GT5 on the other hand.... well let's just say, knowing I'm not eligible for GT Academy is probably a very big contributing factor as to why I've lost interest in that game.

It would be nice to have you T-L or Etienne or any of the other truly fast Canadians be there representing us, of course. ^^ Been quite an honour racing with you guys and others.

:)Thanks Longbow! I would trade all non vital organs for a chance to compete.
Don't sell yourself short though, we all know you can rip.👍

I raced many canadians and all of them was really fast and clean, so yes! Plus I know mike_gt3 that's a real beast on the 'ring, tried to keep up with his records some months ago, but he finds everytime the way to beat me ahaha :) Drivers like him should have an opportunity to participate in this competition :)

Thx Andy! :) good to see you around, been a while! i hope everything is going well for you. :)

Thx Andy! :) good to see you around, been a while! i hope everything is going well for you. :)

Yeah mate, got busy with universitary exams, beside that everything is ok :) Didn't know that Canada was excluded from GT Academy before today, so I joined the cause immediatly 👍

Sigh, will we at least be able to download the Academy and experience it even if our times aren't officially recorded for the competition?

I am not Canadian but not only Canadians, all countries deserves to compete here.

Good luck for having you guys in future GT Academy´s.

Well I'd love to see some prizes being awarded to all countries around the world that can't take part in the real competition, it would make for a real nice gesture from Nissan/Sony to have some cool top 20 prizes or something. Small things like that have a big impact.

Back