Bring Money: Vesaro's New McLaren-Based Simulator Range Now Available

With 80k you can buy a real Nissan GT-R, Bmw or Porsche. Seriously good luck selling that thing. If I had 80k to waste I'd prefer a real car. Sim racing shouldn't forget the whole point of sim racing itself, which is IMO mimic the experience without wasting a fortune.
Completely agree.

Actual McLaren owners would probably fare better if they used parts from their totaled whips. Then they could relive their idiotic driving habits. Too harsh?

I actually had a look to spec up a system without triple screens. They charge £1500 for a Vive and £1250 for a Rift, along with £300 for Assetto Corsa, the markup is insanely high. Makes me wonder what the actual cost is, almost certainly less than 1/2 of what they are charging.

With 80k you can buy a real Nissan GT-R, Bmw or Porsche. Seriously good luck selling that thing. If I had 80k to waste I'd prefer a real car. Sim racing shouldn't forget the whole point of sim racing itself, which is IMO mimic the experience without wasting a fortune.
I understand what you are saying, but most people who have 80k to waste tend to have an additional 40k to waste.

I went on the website and all of them had
PC Racing Software - Personal Use: Software - Personal Use - Assetto Corsa
So it uses a modded Assetto Corsa ?

I went on the website and all of them had
PC Racing Software - Personal Use: Software - Personal Use - Assetto Corsa
So it uses a modded Assetto Corsa ?

Most likely, I'm a bit surprised that some of you are surprised that F1 teams and by default their road going extensions use modern sims that many people can buy the software for. However, their versions are usually more fine tuned to model as close to real world as possible, and two you're more so buying the name and equipment than the software it runs.

They're selling this fake car on their website for 100K Pounds
Vesaro-Formula-V100-Stage-3-General.jpg

Or you could get both of these real cars and have a few extra thousand for a crew and transport.
424013.jpg

Most likely, I'm a bit surprised that some of you are surprised that F1 teams and by default their road going extensions use modern sims that many people can buy the software for. However, their versions are usually more fine tuned to model as close to real world as possible, and two you're more so buying the name and equipment than the software it runs.
That's what I assumed but the personal use part seems to indicate standard software if it's not the pro version of AC?

It's more the fact they are doubling or tripling the price of standard non-custom gear with no real justification. Also anybody who has even a slight idea about GPU power would know a single GTX1080 will not drive 3 4K screens, they can't have even tested that!

Who the hell is their target audience? That's hilarious... nobody is gonna buy it, besides rich folk, movie stars etc.

Not to point out the obvious, but you can build a pretty fun track car for that and have plenty of cash spare.

That's what I'd do if I had that money to splash...

If you can't help wondering what else you could buy with the same money that might be better, there are people out there who can easily afford both. Basically, if you have to ask how much a system like this costs, it's not for you.

Hard to imagine people buying it but I'm sure they will as I doubt there's anything better out there for a home set up. It looks brilliant.

That's what I assumed but the personal use part seems to indicate standard software if it's not the pro version of AC?

It's more the fact they are doubling or tripling the price of standard non-custom gear with no real justification. Also anybody who has even a slight idea about GPU power would know a single GTX1080 will not drive 3 4K screens, they can't have even tested that!

There is justification, first off the average buyer isn't their target, so why many here think that this is a rip off as if they were the target audience for this product is beyond me. Their target is probably the same people who buy their cars, which means rich people, race teams, even dealership that are official McLaren selling, and perhaps even events that McLaren hosts much like Ferrari who also run their own tailor made sims.

As for the set up, I don't know the full details cause I didn't look at that, I just went to see what all they offer which ranges from 20k Euros to the listed price most people are tossing around in here. As for the 4k tri-screen on a 3 way GTX 1080 ti, I've read it can be done so long as the other supporting hardware is up to task. I'd expect it too considering the graphics card is 800 dollars in itself.

Yes I read that ...I was interested in the wheel base.

Last edited:
There is justification, first off the average buyer isn't their target, so why many here think that this is a rip off as if they were the target audience for this product is beyond me. Their target is probably the same people who buy their cars, which means rich people, race teams, even dealership that are official McLaren selling, and perhaps even events that McLaren hosts much like Ferrari who also run their own tailor made sims.

As for the set up, I don't know the full details cause I didn't look at that, I just went to see what all they offer which ranges from 20k Euros to the listed price most people are tossing around in here. As for the 4k tri-screen on a 3 way GTX 1080 ti, I've read it can be done so long as the other supporting hardware is up to task. I'd expect it too considering the graphics card is 800 dollars in itself.
I didn't even look at the top end version I'm talking about the base model with full motion, the target audience isn't really relevant, whatever way I look at it the price is a joke for what you get.

For £47.5k they give you an i5 6400T and a single GTX 1070 to drive a 12k resolution. Neither the CPU or GPU is up to the task so where is the justification in charging over the odds if they aren't even going to provide a solid experience out of the box?

Who is that model for exactly because I'm guessing your supposed target audience would just get the most expensive model?

I'd be five with them charging a lot for the actual motion rig but when they are asking for 2-3x the price for things you could easily go and buy yourself or get much better equipment for the same price then it's not ok.

Ahh yes of course....thanks super_gt. I was kinda hoping they'd got the ball rolling.

He seems to peering over the wheel a bit. It looks to be half way up the screens., making his hands not far below his chin. Not a perfect position that's for sure.

I didn't even look at the top end version I'm talking about the base model with full motion, the target audience isn't really relevant, whatever way I look at it the price is a joke for what you get.

For £47.5k they give you an i5 6400T and a single GTX 1070 to drive a 12k resolution. Neither the CPU or GPU is up to the task so where is the justification in charging over the odds if they aren't even going to provide a solid experience out of the box?

Who is that model for exactly because I'm guessing your supposed target audience would just get the most expensive model?

I'd be five with them charging a lot for the actual motion rig but when they are asking for 2-3x the price for things you could easily go and buy yourself or get much better equipment for the same price then it's not ok.

You don't care about the target audience but you do? Since you're asking a question in regards to the target audience. Also why would the target audience always get the most expensive. I imagine a dealership would just get what they deem best fit, for giving a driving experience that doesn't have them testing an actually 200k plus car before it's sold.

So the cheaper option would be understood.

For racing teams running GT teams clearly they'd run something higher end. The assumption that none of this was tested based on whatever pc experience you have and the fact you think it wouldn't work, seems odd. I'd ask you to provide proof to the contrary before claiming this group who is working with McLaren is selling a fraudulent product. Especially after you claim they're using a 1080 and now a 1070. Both are on the same architecture both run high end visuals for gaming with no trouble. But 1080 is the recommended for multiple monitors at 4k so I think they're running 1080.

Also I dont see on their site anything about the computer setup being 2-3x the price of what you'd spend on your own.

Back