Bring your real life car - autocross and time attackOpen 

I'll be joining the fun this evening!

<-----My IRL ride: 2010 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Since there is no Clubman in the game, I'll be using the '07 MINI Cooper S
Believe it or not, the Clubman's wheelbase is only 3" longer than the standard Cooper, body is only 19" longer overall, and has the same weight, and weight distribution. To make things easier, mine is bone stock right now, but when I race in the spring I'll be on Motegi MR125 wheels, and "sport hard" tires.

That one will probably have more HP than my Impreza. :lol: I'll just go put my name at the bottom of the scoreboard, where I'll probably inevitably end up anyways. :P

Definitely gonna try this out tomorrow with the MR2 Turbo. I own an '91 American version who has 205hp, while the Japanese one (the '97 GT-S who's in the game) has around 245hp. So I'll need to use the power limiter.

Couldn't wait till tomorrow :sly:

Real life: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

• Goodyear eagle f1 tyres
  • koni yellow adjustable shocks
  • Greddy intercooler
  • overhauled engine & gearbox in 2011
GT6: (using '97 Toyota MR2 GT-S)
  • Sports hard tyres
  • detuned from 247 to 205hp
  • for the rest I kept everything stock
Times:
  • GT Arena:
  • Nurburgring
    • 8:23.444
Total: 31.512 + 8:23.444 = 8:54.956

(I suppose everyone turned SRF OFF)

mr22222_zps20616e00.jpg

That one will probably have more HP than my Impreza. :lol: I'll just go put my name at the bottom of the scoreboard, where I'll probably inevitably end up anyways. :P

Haha, don't be so sure... better save me room at the bottom of the list!

I like it! But, @MCNAGTROC, could you post a picture of your beautiful GT-R with your username on a sheet of paper, please? For something like a GT-R, we'd like to see the proof because not just anybody can actually afford one, and lots of people like to pretend.

You must be new here.

@MCNAGTROC owns (admins?) the North American GTR Owners Club forums, has been invited to GT-R unveilings and events. I think we can believe that he owns a GT-R.

You can also search for him in Cars in General forum, and he’s shown off his car multiple times.

--

Interesting idea, I like it. However, my car is not in GT6 (or GT5 or any of the previous iterations).

None of our families cars are in the game. Ford Expedition, Ford Edge, 2013 Mazda 3, Chevrolet Sonic. :( I could try the Mazda 3 with the Axela 23S '03. Let's see what happens.

I like it! But, @MCNAGTROC, could you post a picture of your beautiful GT-R with your username on a sheet of paper, please? For something like a GT-R, we'd like to see the proof because not just anybody can actually afford one, and lots of people like to pretend.@JackRyanWMU, it's not important to be the fastest. Enjoyment is the goal for this.

I've seen his posts in the post a picture of your real car thread, and I can confirm he's a legit GT-R owner.

Last edited:
Here's my multi shade '87 300ZX 2+2 with turbo VG swap, HX35 at 12psi, stance GR+ coils, RCA's, 3" exhaust (no cat) and 18x10 XXR's at all fours with 275 MPSS up front and 295 PZeros in back . I also have a stock '84 turbo rust-bucket but no pics of it.
l3kr.jpg

Things I can't get right in GT6 are wheelbase and wider tire tread, but wheelbase should even itself out as longer would be better suited for Nurb and shorter for GT arena. Will give this a go and post results.

GT6 does not have a 2005 Subaru Forester XT, which Subaru Impreza should I choose as a substitute? At work, don't have the game in front of me.

Montaña De Oro at 0mph
5937261876_37e1e72b2f_o.jpg

Yosemite at 35mph
3045812431_fbf5d1f67e_b.jpg

The Subaru Legacy 2.0GT wagon would be similar to the Forester XT. The Forester XT is nice, I did an engine swap on a friend's N/A Forester and learned a lot.

It's a very easy to work on car. :)

Another Entry

2014 C7 Corvette (Z51)
Stock 460HP ( with NNP Exhuast Option)
MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport ZP

GT6

Chevrolet Corvette 14(C7)

Sports Hard Tires ( possible argument for sports medium but not sure)
Exhaust Modification ( to replicate NNP option)

Times

Nurburgring 7:49.01 ( cold lap no warm up) felt terribly slow had to fight the brakes the whole time probably 5+ secs off pace
GP Arena 30.038 (31.1 5 lap Average ) kept it in first most of the lap for best time

Total Time 8:20.11

Real life: 2013 Boss 302 - stock
Torsen differential
Trackey
Pirelli PZero tires

GT6: '13 Boss 302
GT Arena - 32.328 avg, 31.877 best
Nurburgring - 7:56.142
Total time: 8:28.470

Took a few times to get a clean lap on Nurburgring. Don't think I've driven that track since about a year ago when I finished the AMG special event in GT5.

Last edited:
:eek: That's a pretty good lap time, roughly equal with the Skyline R32 GT-R, if I recall correctly. The Corvette's even faster, very well done from the American muscle cars.

Maybe you could add a "standing" to the OP ?

• MCNAGTROC - 2012 GTR Black Edition - 07:56.114
  • bssmu - 2013 Boss 302 - 07:56.142
  • MCNAGTROC - 2014 C7 Corvette (Z51) - 08:20.118
  • Manuelos - 1991 MR2 Turbo - 08:54.956
  • hazzy - 1990 Lotus Carlton - 09:09.113
  • MustangCobra95 - 2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe Coupe - 09:11.486
  • ITCC_Andrew - 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sport Wagon - 09:14.842
  • tomkat492 - 2006 Acura RSX Type-S - 09:23.876
  • Joey D - 2012 Ford Focus Titanium - 09:46.933

Might try this.

I've got a '05 Ford Ka 1.3 (currently) with winter tyres on, so the '01 on CH in GT6 will have to do. So i'll soon be at the bottom of the table. :lol:

I expect you want me to show proof that own this bad boy? ;)

Last edited:
2012 Toyota 86 GT

Real life:

• Michelin Primacy HP (215/45 17)
  • ECU tune
GT6:

• Comfort medium
  • Completely stock (car gained 8hp after oil change and run-in which should be roughly equal to the ECU tune above)
  • ABS 1, G27 paddle shifter

Times:
  • GT Arena: 0:33.207
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife: 8:48.403
  • Total: 9:21.610

I have driven the 86 plenty of times in Nordschleife in GT5, even way before I took delivery of my
own car. Yet this is my first time driving it there in GT6 (too busy figuring out drifting). The car felt slow but it was actually almost as fast as in GT5 on comfort softs, and I overcooked a corner.

Just noticed the car was broken in when I ran my times. Maybe the OP should be updated to include whether the car should be broken in, and to clarify that SRF should be off and what track grip setting to use.

Ford Ka
Comfort Hards
Bone Stock

Arena:

Nürburgring:
10:50.931

Total:
11:28.694

Pretty sure I'm bottom, but then it seems everyone else has fast(ish) cars... :indiff:

I should also say that those were my first 5 laps at the Arena, I didn't practise before and then do a 5 lap run. Same with the Nürb. 👍

:lol: Don't worry, @FordMKIVJ5, I'm going to create an overall leaderboard and specific leaderboards.

So far, your time is the fastest of anyone with less than 100 hp. My time is the fastest All-wheel-drive (any STi or Evo will eclipse me though) and the fastest station wagon (:D).

I'm considering doing a mid-engined sports class (MR2), supercar class (GT-R and Corvette, etc.) And a saloon class (Carlton) as well. 👍

The alternative is to rank the time by tires and by horsepower.

I am amazed on how well my Carlton did, as I thought it really is a slow car in real life

I tried to replicate my dads car as well (BMW E90 320d), but I can't get the torque figures right on the 330i ingame

@hazzy, does it need more torque or less torque? The d in 320d refers to diesel, right? Why not supercharge and then de-tune?

it needs about 40nm more of torque, but I am to tired to really work on it... I could tecnically make a drift car I was part owner in last year that was based on the same car, but it would be unfair to use that on here :P 670 BHP and 650 NM (if I remember correctly), but that was a pure track car.

No, that's not "unfair" since I'm going to create a class system. We're going to classify cars under different classes.

Well, the best I could do is 415 BHP in that car, so I compensated with nitrous. The car is fully tuned (Transmission, LSD and suspension is fully custom, but I dont know the settings, so I kept it stock). The car was altered after I quit, and then they blew the engine on it, so current figures is unknown (well, its 0 BHP now really, but you get the point)

post for proof: Post a pic of your real car NOTE: I posted this with an alternate account, as I didn't remember the login on this at the time. I can log in on that account if you want verification.

Mods: Too many to list :P

I ran SM tires, as that was what was ran on our grip setup. Drift tires was closer to CS, but why would I bother?

Times:
GTA: 30.428
nurb:7:27.885

Total: 7:58.313

Quite fast indeed, but very oversteery (not really suprising). If I had the true power and torque, I bet it could do even better. Shame I never got to get it to the real Nürburgring.

Game spec:
415 BHP
1,220 KG
43 kgfm

@ITCC_Andrew, you really should run an autocross season for GT6. You could break the cars up into classes based on whatever the SCCA or Canadian equivalent (CASA?) has.

Back