Bring your real life car - autocross and time attackOpen 

:lol: I love SCCA auto-x, but do you actually believe that we have enough courses in GT6? I tried one in Forza a while back... Nope.

:lol: I love SCCA auto-x, but do you actually believe that we have enough courses in GT6? I tried one in Forza a while back... Nope.

I got a layout on Stowe Circuit that could do as a semi-fast auto-x course. Times will be invalidated, but we can still time ourself with the ingame lap timer

Does a slightly detuned 330i count as a 328i? they have the same suspension and chassis and body and engine... just a little extra upgrades for a few extra powers... :P

Mazda MX-5 Skip Barber MAZDASPEED Regional Challenge car
200 Horsepower
Penske Racing Shocks
BF Goodrich G-Force Sport COMP 2 Peformance Tire

1410679_632193293507823_751829467_o.jpg

GT6:
200 Horsepower
Stock weight
Sports Medium Tires
Mazda Roadster RS '07

GT Arena: 30.072
Nurburgring: 8:01.619
Total: 8:31.691

There's time to be found at the Ring, I should be able to break the 8 minute barrier no problem.

Sorry for double post, but I've updated the OP with the new classes, and I'd like input on how the classes should be organized now. More classes? Fewer classes? Different classes?

Great thread idea!

Real life:

1990 Toyota Celica GT-Four

My modification list as copied from my Member's Rides post:

- Head has been freshly rebuilt and ported, custom cams, ARP head studs
- Forged pistons, shot peened rods, ARP rod bolts, knife edged crank
- Walbro 255L/h motorsport fuel pump, Speedflow braided fuel lines and fittings, top feed fuel rail, 750cc injectors, Turbosmart fuel pressure regulator and gauge
- Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 ECU, 1ZZ coil on plug ignition
- K&N Filter, Samco silicon induction hose, custom intake (AFM delete), custom cold air intake, Turbosmart Vee Port BOV
- Oil Catch Tank
- Disconnection of T-VSV, 3 port boost solenoid controlled by ECU to control boost to 16psi, Apexi turbo timer, Autometer Pro Comp boost guage
- CT20B turbo and water to air intercooler set up
- Custom HPC coated 3" dump pipe, high flowed and HPC coated turbo exhaust housing (to eliminate boost creep from the wastegate not flowing enough)
- Custom 3" mandrel bent stainless exhaust from dump pipe back with high flow cat and single rear mufler
- PWR aluminium radiator
- Exedy clutch, lightened flywheel, ARP flywheel bolts
- TWM Short Shift Kit
- TEIN Super Street coilover suspension
- Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar
- Solid rubber engine mounts
- Solid diff mount kit and front and rear sub frame bushes
- Whiteline Plus and Superpro chassis control bushes
- Whiteline rear camber adjustment bolts
- Slotted and dimpled front rotors, Project Mu Type HC+ pads and stainless braided brake lines all round, Castrol SRF Racing brake fluid
- SSR Professor SP1 wheels, 17" x 8" +37 front and rear, Normal Disc option front, Super Low Disc option rear
- Dunlop SportMaxx TT tires all round, 215/45/17
- Alpine head unit, Infinity Reference speakers 4" front and 6.5" rear, Sony Xplod 4 channel amplifier
- Hella H4 headlight conversion kit with Phillips Crystalview headlamps and parklamps
- 1kg Fire Extinguisher mounted in front of passenger seat
- New leather shift boot with leather TRD shift knob
- Battery relocated to boot

TimeAttack3_zps4ed1c263.jpg

Gran Turismo 6:

Toyota Celica GT-Four RC (ST185) '91

Selected tuning options to reflect my car:

- Sport Hard tires
- Height Adjustable, Fully Customisable Suspension (Set to real life parameters)
- Standard Brakes
- Standard Drivetrain
- No Engine Tuning
- Sports Computer
- Sports Exhaust
- Standard Manifold
- Sports Catalytic Converter
- Intake Tuning
- Standard Turbo
- No Weight Reduction

Max Power is 299 bhp, which is about right for engine horsepower, as my all wheel horsepower figure is about 214 awhp so by the time you factor in drivetrain losses it would be close.

Times:

All driving aids off including ABS 0, Manual Transmission, and G25 wheel used for times.

GT Arena:
Lap 1: 33.381
Lap 2: 33.141
Lap 3: 32.983
Lap 4: 32.968
Lap 5: 32.715

GranTurismoArenaLayoutA_zpsefd4026e.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife:
Lap 1: 8.38.603 8.34.564 (There is a bit of room for improvement here, I don't know the track very well and was driving as if it was real life, as in, no off track excursions allowed!)

NuumlrburgringNordschleife__zpsf0ae1714.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like 4th or fifth, and the fastest car with less than (or equal to) 200 hp?
Ya but Manulos is not much slower than me despite only having 7 more horsepower and hard tires.. So there's time to be found :P

'87 Nissan 300ZX 2+2
Mods:
'84 turbo VG30 and ecu
HX35 twin scroll turbo
3" turbo back exhaust
Stance coilovers
275 Michelin Pilot Super Sport (front) 285 Pirelli Pzero rosso (rear)
Spot welded chassis and stripped interior/sound deadening removed

In GT6 '84 300ZX Fairlady Z (Z31) 358HP 416ft-lb
Mods:
Weight reduction stage 1, +25kg ballast towards rear
Chassis reinforcement
5 speed close ratio transmission
Stage 2 turbo
Sport cat and racing exhaust
Full custom suspension (set as IRL -3 rear camber, too much rear toe in, stock sway bars, etc.)
Sport Hards, aids/ABS off

GT Arena best time: 32.469 Nurburgring best time: 7:53.716
Total time: 8:26.185

Last edited:
I've done a bit of testing, and boy if we had engine swaps, I could recreate the track car properly. I took the E60 M5 out and tinkered with it, and it hits the spot with HP and weight exactly. This car is a grey area though, as its bigger than the M3, but its the same generation at least. At 680 hp and 1,300 KG, it blasted around Nürburgring, and if I did more than that one lap, I bet I could get to at least 6:50. The car is suprisingly stable at speed, but you get the constant feeling that it will throw itself into a skid at any time..

I don't know if this should replace the current time that is with the correct chassis, but for reference:

GT Arena best lap: 29,645
Nürburgring: 7:00.727
Total: 7:30.372

When/if there is more memebers who has a dedicated track car joins in, I think that they should have their own category. The cars can't even drive on a public road, so it is a bit unfair.

I'm going to have a go at this later, just wish you could hack gt6 like you could GT5, that way I could put he 330i engine in the 120i to make my 130i.

Either way I'll be setting be upgrading a 120i and setting up the wheel later and having a go.

So it's been a long time since I logged in to GTP, but this looks like a fun challenge .

I have a quick question though, before I put in an effort .

1. RE-11 , sport hard or soft ?

My car isn't exactly in the game, but it's close .
I have a JDM ,97 Version III STI RA. The game has a 96 VIII STI.
But the driveline they have in the game is wrong for that car it's actually correct for an RA. The trans gears are wrong but the Shorter gearbox is almost correct.
Lastly the RA is 60kg lighter than the STI , but that's an easy fix.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
I tried to replicate my dads car as well (BMW E90 320d), but I can't get the torque figures right on the 330i ingame

Perhaps you can use a 120d with ballast? The wheelbase won't be the same though. Just an idea.

Well, I'm back. The storm we got didn't actually knock power out, but other things (Greek pasta :P) distracted me. I'll go update/correct the OP.

Mini Cooper S '07 w/ upgraded injectors (+10bhp)
upgraded tyres from stupid runflats to summer tires.
GT6 - Mini Cooper S '11
Tires-Sports Hard
GT Arena 33-34 secs time
NURB - 08:38:357
Total time of 09:09:00 (thanks for the re worked maths... always sucked at it LOL)
Maybe now i should do a time with the old mini (the one in the dp... but i have to detune an old mini by quite a lot to match it to mine lol) entered a race once with it in a kart track lol.. twas fun but what it lacked in power i couldnt rematch with talent... i doubt it has 25bhp left lol stock was 38 new LOL

i wish i they put my Smart Roadster Brabus in the game :(... the closest to it i did in GT5 was the mazda autozam with added weight and added HP... they both have same engine layout etc.. but the smart has more grip (wider wheelbase and longer as well... think a detuned lotus would be closer to it than the autozam.

The mini is now my EX lol.. so dont know if it still qualifies since i have sold it...
I might try it out with the Del Sol and MG TF next

The cars can't even drive on a public road, so it is a bit unfair.

:eek: I just saw that, I'll make a separate class for non-street-legal monsters like yours, but still allow it in the overall leaderboard.

@jsjakesaid, a Smart Roadster Brabus?

car_photo_20301_7.jpg

I had to google search that - I had never even heard of that until now. Rest assured, the MINI Cooper S is probably just as fast. :) You're in second place in street car class.

So here goes my e
:eek: I just saw that, I'll make a separate class for non-street-legal monsters like yours, but still allow it in the overall leaderboard.

@jsjakesaid, a Smart Roadster Brabus?

car_photo_20301_7.jpg

I had to google search that - I had never even heard of that until now. Rest assured, the MINI Cooper S is probably just as fast. :) You're in second place in street car class.

Yes that's my LADY :) mine is hotter though... withh the carbon back part and some minor mods (exhaust for more power) and weight reductions hehe... if you allow... i would like to post lap times i acheive of the smart as well... u dont have to include them in the op... will be using a detuned elise with turbo (108 bhp) approx since the brab was 101 stock... i manage to beat quite a lot of powerful cars on our twisty roads... hell i even beat a gt86 LOL... but he wasnt very good... blasted me by 5 car lengths in the long straight and passed him round the outside in a 100kmph corner lol
So the times achieved where:
30.704 - GT
Nurb - 08:37.133
09:07.837
Tuning- Power limiter 50% , Low RPM Turbo (108bhp), Weight Reduction Stage 1, Bonnet and Windows (784Kg)
Tires- Sports hard... think mine should be sports medium, as they handle beutifully but are suicidal on rainy days... but played it safe and used the SH
Transmission - to make it a 6 speed and match the Gear ratios to the smart since they are very close gears with a long 5&6. very impressed by the similarities in their behaviour... they both try to kill me in the same way lol...
I saved the replays just in case ;) and if u want i can upload pics wit it

I would prefer if we didn't mention street racing in this thread - naaah, we'll stick to track talk.

At Mosport DDT, I was able to keep pace with a Toyota GT86 in my Impreza - before the exhaust and anti-roll bar. :P I would have no problem beating him now. Those GT86s really do require a good driver to be fast.

And yes, anyone can submit as many cars as they actually own...

250827_328142230598638_454097941_n.jpg
1208752_10201584538126860_1103141810_n.jpg
522604_441808055898721_611518914_n.jpg

64273_419908378088689_1096912069_n.jpg
I would prefer if we didn't mention street racing in this thread - naaah, we'll stick to track talk.

At Mosport DDT, I was able to keep pace with a Toyota GT86 in my Impreza - before the exhaust and anti-roll bar. :P I would have no problem beating him now. Those GT86s really do require a good driver to be fast.

And yes, anyone can submit as many cars as they actually own...
Hehe... we dont have a track here... so the road is our track LOL

Last edited:
Hehe... we dont have a track here... so the road is our track LOL

Yes, that's because Malta's a party country. Nothing wrong with Malta, but the Acceptable Use Policy states that you won't discuss illegal activities - such as street racing. Yes, it's illegal, even in Malta.

Just IMHO but pics from real life should be required with every entry showing standard gtp_name, date, and car so you don't get people running amazing cars they don't actually own.
Of course, that only applies to people who haven't already done so as there are many in this thread who I have already seen confirmation of their cars. 👍

Back