Bring your real life car - autocross and time attackOpen 

Just IMHO but pics from real life should be required with every entry showing standard gtp_name, date, and car so you don't get people running amazing cars they don't actually own.
Of course, that only applies to people who haven't already done so as there are many in this thread who I have already seen confirmation of their cars. 👍
If you want to check mine out go to my facebook page... i have a pic of nearly all my cars there.

If I beat my Nürburgring time, do I update my original post or make a new one? :sly:

( 8.34.564 :D )

The competitive bug has gotten you, has it? So long as you're still not using SRF, and still within the confines of the rules laid out in OP, sure. My Nürburgring lap... Well, I absolutely love the way the Impreza handles. There isn't much room for improvement... Only at the Caracciola Karussel. Otherwise, I too would be trying to beat your time. :P

Just IMHO but pics from real life should be required with every entry showing standard gtp_name, date, and car so you don't get people running amazing cars they don't actually own.
Of course, that only applies to people who haven't already done so as there are many in this thread who I have already seen confirmation of their cars. 👍

Yeah, I've got a clause in the OP asking for people to be willing to prove - if they claim to own something that's not common - that they do indeed own the car.

The competitive bug has gotten you, has it? So long as you're still not using SRF, and still within the confines of the rules laid out in OP, sure.

Yeah mate I'm still using the same tires, no off track, no driving aids including ABS 0, G25 Racing Wheel. I have saved the replay :)

There is still some time on the ring, I still don't know it that well so some corners were fairly slow, but I'm happy with this one.

Yeah mate I'm still using the same tires, no off track, no driving aids including ABS 0, G25 Racing Wheel. I have saved the replay :)

To those of you who can run this without ABS, I'm relatively envious. My car still has ABS (in real life) so I run with it enabled on GT6. Given that you've chosen to run without ABS, congratulations on what is definitely a very fast lap. :)

To those of you who can run this without ABS, I'm relatively envious. My car still has ABS (in real life) so I run with it enabled on GT6. Given that you've chosen to run without ABS, congratulations on what is definitely a very fast lap. :)

Thanks mate, yeah my car has no ABS and I thought for realism that I would ensure it was off in GT6, too.

The competitive bug has gotten you, has it? So long as you're still not using SRF, and still within the confines of the rules laid out in OP, sure. My Nürburgring lap... Well, I absolutely love the way the Impreza handles. There isn't much room for improvement... Only at the Caracciola Karussel. Otherwise, I too would be trying to beat your time. :P

Wait, we're allowed to run again? I though it was just the first 5 laps at GT Arena and the first lap at the Nordschliefe?

If that's the case I could cut out another couple of seconds from my Nürburgring time.

ABS 0 in GT6 is a lot easier that in GT5. However any car that has racing brakes locks up with barely any pedal pressure and cars are much easier to lock up in 'free-run' and 'practice' modes, in races they're fine.

Try ABS 0 on a road car in a race and you'll see it's really not that hard. 👍

Wait, we're allowed to run again? I though it was just the first 5 laps at GT Arena and the first lap at the Nordschliefe?

If that's the case I could cut out another couple of seconds from my Nürburgring time.

ABS 0 in GT6 is a lot easier that in GT5. However any car that has racing brakes locks up with barely any pedal pressure and cars are much easier to lock up in 'free-run' and 'practice' modes, in races they're fine.

Try ABS 0 on a road car in a race and you'll see it's really not that hard. 👍

I know, I run 0 ABS with racing brakes on my rally cars. ;) On a rally course, I actually have a chance to keep up despite having the occasional lock-up.

And yes, I can't really limit the number of laps people take. The thing is, though, I can ask that people do not use SRF, and use everything as accurately (close to real life) as possible. It'd be like, if I said "you can run whatever weather you want at the 'Ring..." Everyone would use the sunny weather, because the wet weather is slowest. I can't control that.

I know, I run 0 ABS with racing brakes on my rally cars. ;) On a rally course, I actually have a chance to keep up despite having the occasional lock-up.

And yes, I can't really limit the number of laps people take. The thing is, though, I can ask that people do not use SRF, and use everything as accurately (close to real life) as possible. It'd be like, if I said "you can run whatever weather you want at the 'Ring..." Everyone would use the sunny weather, because the wet weather is slowest. I can't control that.

Racing brakes are possibly the worst thing in the game for me a the moment. I really hope PD fixes them soon. 👍

Nope. I'll get back on topic now, ABS 0 talk in GT6 just makes me want to rant. 👍

:lol: Just checking you aren't running about with $3000 worth of brakes on a Ka.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cosworth-...g-Brake-Kit-Subaru-Impreza-2008-/280739789895

I know, not an Impreza, but there are some strange people in the world who might do a thing like that. If you're running race brakes on your Ka, I need to know for the OP or something :dopey: :lol:

Naah, it's cool, I do agree that the race brakes are weird, but we'll try to make this thread stick around for a while by following the big man's rules.

:lol: Just checking you aren't running about with $3000 worth of brakes on a Ka.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cosworth-...g-Brake-Kit-Subaru-Impreza-2008-/280739789895

I know, not an Impreza, but there are some strange people in the world who might do a thing like that. If you're running race brakes on your Ka, I need to know for the OP or something :dopey: :lol:

Naah, it's cool, I do agree that the race brakes are weird, but we'll try to make this thread stick around for a while by following the big man's rules.

Just to clarify, I certainly do not have racing braked on my Ka in real life nor in GT6. 👍

I need to get on board with this!

Question ... As my Evo is set up for lots of boost via E85, but still on the stock turbo, I have to go with the low RPM range turbo to get to the actual HP range of my car (around 465 bhp). Is this acceptable if I know the actual HP of the car?

Also, I think I'll do the Beetle as well, just for fun ... it should be "fun" with winter tires and stock suspension with OMG race engine and full weight reduction. lol

I would love to do this, how flexible can we get with the cars? I drive a MkV VW R32, which is not in the game. The MkIV is in the game, and the two had the exact same drivetrain IRL, other than a few minor changes to the intake and exhaust.

Very nice thread idea, thanks for that!

Currently no weekend car for me, so entering my trusty "daily", an 05 Audi A2 TDI, just to bolster the rear guard a bit :).

Mods:

• Eibach -30mm springs & Bilstein B6 dampers
  • Chipped from 75 HP / 195 NM to ca. 105 HP / 250NM
  • Longer 5th gear (to keep rpm down a bit on the Autobahn)
  • 17" Alloys, Pirelli P Zero Nero 205/40 (factory option)
In game replica, based on the Petrol A2 1.4 MPI:
  • Racing Soft suspension. Probably a bit of a stretch, although the setup B6/Eibach works well enough in real life.
  • Sport Hard tyres.
  • Low RPM Turbo + Stage 2 engine tuning, dropped back to 105 HP. Bit short on torque that way, but certainly over compensated by the usable rev range of the petrol A2 in game. Pity we can't have more control over engine specs here... No point putting in the real gearing without the real power/torque curve...
  • Added a 100kg of weight (total 1020) and moved the ballast forward to get a 60/40 distribution. Think that's closer to real life, with that heavy TDI lump in the nose. Haven't had it weighed yet. Could be a good deal more due to options.
  • ABS 3. The ESP I left off, although you really can't do that on most VAG cars I believe. The switch is a lie ;). Let's pretend pulled fuses here...
  • Autobox. Lack the skills to enjoy manual on a DS3. I think the GT6 autobox shifts a bit to quick compared to typical average production car boxes...
Results? Well it's pretty slow, small wonder ;). Although a good bit quicker than expected at the Ring, despite being a very average at best GT6 driver. Will give it a go IRL next year and don't expect to be even remotely close even timed bridge to gantry.

Nürburgring: 9:32.709
GT Arena: 0:32.833

Total: 10:05.42

And just for the sake of it, here's a pic of the little alloy wonder. Controversial styling and all that ;).

silver_a2_bolero_pdb_small.jpg

Interesting challenge, I'm going to get on board with this using my daily driver scion frs that I used to snatch a trophy at the Scca solo (autocross) national championship this year in stock class. The car can basically be exactly replicated with the basic updates in the game, even the exact wheels, and sports medium tires are very similar feeling to the BFG rival tires I run.

Okay, throw me on the board:

Homes1.png

2013 Scion FR-S
6 Speed manual
NO TCS/ASM
ABS
BFG Rival Tires
17x7 Enkie RPF1 rims
HKS dual Legamax Spec-L exhaust
Cosworth air filter
Job Gibbs FR20 synthetic oil
Koni Yellow 1 way shocks
Perrin 22mm adjustable front sway bar
crash bolts for front camber

In Game
2013 Scion FR-S
216HP 163TQ
G27 wheel, using clutch and H pattern shifter
Sports Medium tires
Enkei RPF1 rims
No TCS, no ASM, no SRF, ABS 1
Fully custom suspensioned dialed to
stock ride height
Shocks F7/7 R5/5
Sway bars 2F 1R
Camber 1.4F .4R
Toe 0F 0R
Oil change
Sports exhaust
214HP

AutoX = 30.838
Nurb. = 8:17.173

Last edited:
@MustangCobra95, :lol:, if it makes you feel any better, I'm also losing to that same MINI.

@Sean_BBB, I love that Scion. You're telling me that you have BF-Goodrich G-Force Rival tires? I've been hearing rave reviews. Are they as awesome as I hear?

@Kolbenkopp, I like it! I don't normally like chrome, but your wheels don't look bad. :)

@huskeR32, go ahead and replica. My car is a replica. There isn't actually a 2.5RS sportwagon, but there is an STi. My 2.5RS has STi bits here and there, but... It's still not an STi.

@TouringBubble, I saw Dori in my Grassroots Motorsports Magazine Feb. 2014 issue. Seriously nice car, actually. I didn't know that you could make a Beetle that fast.

I'd like to see what both can do. Do your Evo up to real specs, and the Beetle with the winters... :)

About to do my laps. I did some tests with Dori on the CHs, and I honestly don't think it's a realistic grip level. I've got the Beetle in the game maxed out as an NA engine and it's making about 30 less hp than Dori, and I can't go full throttle in 3rd. Dori has no issues going full throttle in 2nd on the General Altimax Artics she runs. I'm going to get the proper gearing and likely run a CM tire that will be a little more accurate.

Did the laps in Dori first. I had some trouble as GT6 is limited in how well I can replicate the car. Mainly, Dori is a 1600cc base car, and the '66 Beetle in GT6 is a 1300 cc. Fully maxed out as an NA build, the GT6 Beetle only has around 96 bhp, where Dori has closer to 180 bhp. Dori also has a 7000 RPM redline, and the GT6 Beetle is limited to 5000, so I had to do some creative gearing to get close to Dori's theoretical top speed of around 130. The GT6 Beetle simply wont do it. Period. lol

But, it was a fun race either way!

Real Car: Dori, a '73 VW Beetle rally car

980162_612276945456600_1370896817_o.jpg
980162_612276945456600_1370896817_o.jpg

(just noting mods that relate to GT6 car)
2109 cc engine (bored/stroked from 1600 cc)
Approx: 180 bhp
Bult transaxle with stock gearing
6-puck racing clutch and heavy-duty pressure plate
Megasquirt EFI
Basically stock suspension
General Altimax Artic (winter) tires. 185/65/15
Gutted, caged
Polycarbonate windows
etc.

GT6 Car: VW 1200 '66

dori-GT6-racePic.jpg

98 bhp
CM tires (better feel for Dori's actual tires ... I know it's a departure from the rules)
Stock suspension and brakes
Racing trans w/ custom gearing to best replicate Dori's actual gearing (only used 4 gears)
LSD, tuned to best replicate the Super Diff in Dori. Not a real LSD, but a stiff open diff that semi-locks
Twin plate clutch
Stg 3 engine tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Mani
Sports cat
Intake tuning
Stg 1 weight reduction, to match Dori's 1600 lb weight
Window weight reduction, to match Dori's polycarbonate windows

And the super slow times ... lol

GT Arena - 35:395
Nordschleife - 10:31.202