Bring your real life car - autocross and time attackOpen 

Yes agreed. It would be much faster AWD. I havent really had any need to put it back. it would just mean I'd have to a bunch of work to get it working right with the tire set up etc. And RWD is fun. But not fast. Its quick. but on a track Im limited.

Ah well, I'm probably just being a typical Canadian... "Wouldn't it suck to have copious amounts of power to the rear wheels in snow?"

@ITCC_Andrew & @akyp

Got myself some times on CS this time!
Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A)_1.jpg

Real Life:
Toyota 86 "GTS" Package
Stock

GT6:
12' Toyota 86 GT
Stock
Comfort Softs (Michelin Primacy HP's are *kind of* a high performance all season,performing more like a summer tire, so softs seemed more accurate from *my* knowledge)
G27 H-Pattern w/Clutch
ABS - 1 w/ no other assists

Times:

GT Arena:

- 0:32.940

Nurburgring:
- 8:48.626

Total:
- 9:21.386 (I think, someone else do the math for me, ahaha)

Guess the SH tires were the things giving me that 7 seconds on top eh Andrew? :P

9:21.566 👍

I had read, time and time again, that the 86GTs and brothers were running with "Comfort Softs" as the tires of choice for the realistic touch. I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but just letting you know that the cars are most realistic on the comfort softs, and ensuring that the @akyp vs @iTranz times weren't based entirely on the tires. :)

Real Life
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NB) SE '02
Yokohama S-Drive
Torsen Limited Slip Differential
Sport Brakes
6-Speed Transmission
Blazing Yellow Mica

GT6

Mazda Miata 1800 RS (NB,J) '00
Sports Hard
Adjustable Limited Slip Differential (Set to default value)

GT Arena (Layout A)
1. 0:33.326
2. 0:33.837
3. 0:33.492
4. 0:32.845
5. 0:32.568

Nürburgring
1. 08:55.077

Combined
09:27.645

Maybe soon I'll include some of my parents cars! This is fun!

This looks fun! I'll have to try it next time I get on.

My car is a 2011 Dodge Challenger with the 3.6 pentastar rated at 305 hp with the 5 speed. It really has no performance mods to speak of, but it has a pretty nice set of Michelins. I'll just have to limit the v8 Challenger later.

Last edited:
Nevermind. Please bother to put people on the board when they make an effort to run. It's been a freaking week and I even asked you to do it.

Last edited:
So I was looking forward to this before I even had the game, and after getting it for Christmas from my very kind wife I finally got a chance to try this today. I have a 97 civic with some basic mods. It has gc coils, adjustable shocks, some cheaper but softer sports tires, few smaller things and bolt ons. I used the 97 civic type r, got the adjustable suspension, put it to approximately the same specs, detuned the power (a lot) down to 135 hp, used sport hard tires and gave it a shot. (G25 with shifter and using the clutch)
First five laps at gt arena ended with a best of 32.58. I then did a few more and got a best time of 31.81. First lap at the ring got a 9:05.03, for an initial combined total of 9:37.61.

I also tried a couple more laps at the ring with a 8:54 being my fastest so far. So that would put the additional tries at 9:25.81
I will probably try a bit more if I can. I saw a few cars at the 8:48ish area I would like to try and beat. (I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess you won't absolutely need proof of an old civic)

Last edited:
2005 BMW 130i

Real life:
130i.jpg

• 3 litre N52B30 l6 261bhp/230lb-ft
  • 6 speed MT
  • No LSD :(
  • 1450kg
  • Summer sports tyres (can't remember the make)
  • RWD
GT6: (using 2004 BMW 120i)

130gt6.jpg

• Sports hard
  • 261hp/31.5 kgfm (tuned)
  • RWD
  • Racing suspension: Hard
  • Ballasted up to 1450kg (and ballast shifted forward to simulate bigger engine)
  • Enkei RP05 inch up: 1 (closest looking wheels to mine)

Times:

• GT Arena: 0:32.412
    • Nürburgring Nordschleife: 8:17.451
    • Total: 8:49.863

Was so awful and cumbersome round the GT Arena and on the ring the engine doesn't have the same pull as my six with the in game being a four-pot.

Hopefully somebody learns hacking on gt6 soon and I can put the 330i engine and drivetrain in the 120i.

Last edited:
Pushing very hard I was able to squeak out a 8:46.47 on the ring! So with my fastest gt arena time of 31.81, my new total is 9:18.28.

dt1HYxa.jpg

The wheels are no longer gold. Also the track in the back is in this game, anyone recognize it?

Last edited:
That would be Laguna Seca, I recognise the bridge.

Ok, I'll join the list.
Real life car #1:
'13 BRZ, 6MT
Mods:
18" BBS RE + Michelin PSS tires.
Camber Bolts, TRD Intake and some pads/fluid.

xmPhy43l.jpg

In game:
BRZ S '12 stock
BBS RE +1 rims
SH tires.

The adapter to connect my shifter to PS3 died, so gonna have to run with paddles, which probably boosts my time by about 8-10 seconds on the Ring.

GT Arena (Layout A)
1: 31.669
2: 31.695
3: 31.880
4: 32.067
5: 31.752
Average: 31.813

Nürburgring
1. 8:13.826

Total
8:45.639

Might run my other car (winter) on a later date.
That's without skid recovery force? I'm surprised my time at the ring is that far off...

That's without skid recovery force? I'm surprised my time at the ring is that far off...
That's the first thing I disable, along with setting grip to 'real'. You're probably driving it like your real car, try loading the front and throwing it into corners, while doing quite a bit of trail-braking.
I'm sure someone *really* fast in GT6 could break into 7s with that car on SH tires, heck, even I could probably shave a hadful of seconds, if I try hard and nail 80% of corners.

Also, it seems that there is some camber bug going, so by setting your front camber to your RL setting you made yourself slower in GT6 ;)

@Slalom, I like that Civic, same with @Clark, I love that 1 series.

@dsgerbc, the amount of grip available from the Sports Hards is much, much better than comfort tires. Everyone here is going to have slightly different talent, but 7 minutes anything is going to be pretty challenging for the 86. Even R32 Skyline GT-R had trouble getting a sub 8-minute lap.
It's a very challenging track with a tricky car to drive fast. The 86 is actually slower than my Impreza through corners - in the game, and at Mosport in real life. Then, because I don't have the turbo, it's faster at the end of the straights, meaning that it's surprisingly easy to overshoot corners.

First off this looks fun! I just got the game and been meaning to do this anyway. I am not in front of the game right now and won't be for a few more hours so I have a few questions. My baby is a 72 Corvette StingRay. Lots of mods meant for autocross and sport driving use but not meant to be a full on race car. I have lots of data as far as HP and TQ numbers, spring rates, and gear ratios. I have several questions about setting up my virtual car as I have never really played this game seriously and have zero tuning experience.

I have replaced my stock 4 speed with a 5 speed. Being that I know my gear ratios I'd like to set them up to match but can I fully adjust a five speed in the game? Maybe set up a six speed and never use sixth gear?

What are the HP and TQ numbers that the game uses? I have numbers from the flywheel and numbers at the wheels. Obviously if the game uses flywheel numbers then those are the ones I want!

I have upgraded many parts above stock like the brakes. I have a performance upgrade but NOT big huge racing brakes. I had been contemplating doing this with my Vette in the game but when I was browsing the upgrades I only saw a racing kit. I do have upgraded brakes but not racing brakes. Can you detune brakes? My goal is to make this car as close to mine as I can so that I can wreck this one on the track and mine stays safe! What should I do?

I am looking forward to this. I've never worked on the ring outside license tests. I think it's gonna be a long time before I can keep my car on the track for an entire lap to post a number!

Last edited:
As far as horsepower and torque figures, I actually have no idea.

As far as the racing brakes go, the racing brakes are not that much different from stock. Tires are most important, really.

As far as driving at the 'Ring goes, it takes about 3 or 4 months of driving it like once a day to really know the ins-and-outs. I've driven the track probably over 2000-3000-5000 laps since GT4. That's GT4, Forza, Forza 2, PGR3, Forza 3, PGR4, Forza 4, GT5 and now GT6. I still learn little tricks to going a bit faster. Buut, with that said, there are simple tips...

In the first few sections, between the start/finish line and the steep uphill right hander (flugplatz) you can normally use curbs. Outside of that little section, you can't really.

Then, around the 3:30 minutes mark in the lap, you'll see a grey concrete patch on the inside of the circuit - use it. Same thing at the 6:30-7:15 minute mark (depends how fast the car is).

So, first few(10) corners, use curbs. After that, don't use the curbs... Then use the various concrete patches that you'll see along your way.

You will have a gear indicator number flashing in your heads-up display. Steady on means "corner coming," and flashing means "brake for the upcoming corner." Then it's the chance to see where the corners are by slowing down according to the gear indicator. Just try to look in to the corners on the way in.

SM tires would be equivalent to Hankook Ventus RS3 tires, for example. If you're running with a pretty good summer-only tire like that, then it's not a stock 86 in my opinion... It would still be D-stock (I think...?) In SCCA competition, but not in the eyes of anyone you're going to talk to. No one says "my car is a D-stock Toyota 86GT..." because not everyone is into autocross. Everyone knows what "stock with Hankook tires" means.

So, in a stock 86GT to the full extent of the meaning of "stock," a 7 minute time wouldn't be easy.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately my car - 08 Chevy Impala - isn't in the game. Since GT5 I have tried to replicate it using a Mazda 6 to match the FF configuration, but even with max ballast the Mazda is too light. Are there any heavier FF cars in the game? Everything else I've thought of has been FR or AWD.

Who said stock? I never did. I said on SH, and I also said it's gonna have to be someone very quick in GT6.

You're missing the point I'm making: the other people hadn't changed their cars. They used comfort tires. It would be very hard for them to get the sub-8-minute lap time or even impossible.

You're missing the point I'm making: the other people hadn't changed their cars. They used comfort tires. It would be very hard for them to get the sub-8-minute lap time or even impossible.
Meh, I ran per your rules with what I have on my car. I'm not saying that on CS the car could make it to 7s, I'm saying that the guy who ran it on SM tires should be comfortably in the 7s, instead of suggesting I'm using SRF.

Meh, I ran per your rules with what I have on my car. I'm not saying that on CS the car could make it to 7s, I'm saying that the guy who ran it on SM tires should be comfortably in the 7s, instead of suggesting I'm using SRF.
I didn't say that, I'm just making sure, I'm not the best at the ring, but I don't think I left twenty something seconds out there.

I didn't say that, I'm just making sure, I'm not the best at the ring, but I don't think I left twenty something seconds out there.
H-shifter is a big disadvantage. I tried unmodified BRZ on SMs and my best after a few laps is ~8:00.4 with stock power (208).

Back