Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,427 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I doubt it's a war on Christian traditions. A lot more people would be celebrating Christmas and there'd be no restrictions without any guidance.

Fair would be limiting the most likely spreader events to the same extent that Eid and Diwali were restricted while under lockdown.

Is this such a good idea?

Considering Eid and Diwali occurred during restrictions, is it fair to allow Christmas these dispensations?
Can't imagine how much heartache this is going to cause. For example, I've got two brothers we've all got kids. How do my parents decide which grand kids they are not allowed to see? How does that make them and the grand kids that miss out feel? 608 deaths today a week from lockdown ending.

"covid will take a few days off over christmas"

Covid:

20200113_132822.jpg

Eid and Diwali are celebrated by a very small minority in this country but Christmas is celebrated by virtually everyone, including many non-Christians. Obviously the virus doesn't take a break but I think this is just the government giving in as they knew it would be impossible to enforce the lockdown for Christmas, and we could all do with a bit of Christmas cheer. It's essentially like being given five days of furlough from your prison sentence.

Last edited:
Maradona has died. Not a great loss to the world of sport, in my opinion, cheats never prosper. I imagine tomorrow's redtops will be full of glee.

Maradona has died. Not a great loss to the world of sport, in my opinion, cheats never prosper. I imagine tomorrow's redtops will be full of glee.

In this day and age, in terms of sportsmanship in football, he's far from the worst example and pretty much any football fan complaining about him being dirty is nothing but a hypocrite in my view, it's a scummy sport in general... having said that, if the hand of god has cut it's last mirror-load of cocaine, or downed it's last bottle of whiskey, I'm not exactly going to be upset - he, like so many footballers set a **** example for young people.

Have you seen a Premier League game in the last 20 years?

No, lots of parts of matches I guess... never quite felt the urge to watch any more :D

I think what made (and still makes) Maradona's actions so foul is the way he linked it to Argentina's war loss. The cheating was bad enough, failing to acknowledge it for so long was worse, tying it to so many deaths at the hands of a mad dictator was the worst.

Last edited:
UK police officer is sacked for stealing donuts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-55089146

He claimed he accidentally scanned a bag of carrots twice and didn't scan a 12-pack of Krispy Kremes, and also failed to notice that the total price for his shopping was only £4.

I'm guessing he figured out that he could weigh a bag of carrots to make it exactly the same weight as the Krispy Kremes, and then double scan the carrots, and place both items on the scales and nobody would be any the wiser.

UK police officer is sacked for stealing donuts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-55089146

He claimed he accidentally scanned a bag of carrots twice and didn't scan a 12-pack of Krispy Kremes, and also failed to notice that the total price for his shopping was only £4.

I'm guessing he figured out that he could weigh a bag of carrots to make it exactly the same weight as the Krispy Kremes, and then double scan the carrots, and place both items on the scales and nobody would be any the wiser.
Bag of carrots, huge tray of doughnuts... easily confused in the heart of the moment...

Last edited:
12 pack of doughnuts. £12 maybe? - Hardly seems worth the risk. Especially for someone who's supposed to be upholding the law themselves. I know it's not really a UK stereotype, but rozzers eating doughnuts? Come on! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would ask if this occurred on a Sunday, but the date in question was a Monday so no need to ask if the donuts were a gift.

Eid and Diwali are celebrated by a very small minority in this country but Christmas is celebrated by virtually everyone, including many non-Christians. Obviously the virus doesn't take a break but I think this is just the government giving in as they knew it would be impossible to enforce the lockdown for Christmas, and we could all do with a bit of Christmas cheer. It's essentially like being given five days of furlough from your prison sentence.

Yeah, cool. And the people that will inevitably die as a result are just the price that is paid so that everyone else can feel a bit better. This kind of policy is very much not without cost.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...00-in-fines-over-three-day-lockdown-c-1628469

You can enforce a lockdown if you want to. It's more about whether the politicians and police have the balls to do what's right for the community instead of what's right for their career. After all, you don't have to worry about dead people voting against you.

To be fair, that's actually pretty clever. I think that counts as an unethical life pro tip.

Nelson's Pillar in Dublin was about 40m / 135ft off the ground and it still got blown up. This Thatcher statue has no chance.

Nelson's Pillar in Dublin was about 40m / 135ft off the ground and it still got blown up. This Thatcher statue has no chance.
It should be out of range for urine though. Well, at least fresh from the source.

Latest Posts

Back