Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,479 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not in the US. But perhaps you have a point.
Do you? Near as I can tell weather presenters over here are largely selected for their meteorological expertise*, just like sports presenters are for their experience in that particular field. Perhaps US television is more superficial in this regard but I don't see what that has to do with the Official Britain Thread.

*the occasional trampolining midget aside, of course

Last edited:
Perhaps US television is more superficial in this regard but I don't see what that has to do with the Official Britain Thread.
Probably aliens.

But as you point out, UK weather presenters are almost entirely professional meterologists who explain their own data on television, not television presenters who read out the weather.

They're also very much not employed for their ability to style out rude gestures.

Last edited:
You could that say meteorology runs in the blood of some of our presenters:

sb20120621c.jpg

Oh dear, somewhere led me Twitter again, to this example of tastelessness:

Well of course I'm doubly outraged - they even got the grammar lesson wrong! :banghead:

Last edited:
He has, but as a mindworm that's burrowing away at the behest of the mind control overlords.

That's a joke, but only a bit.
I see what you mean. He's certainly living in a lot of people's heads today.

Last edited:
:lol: Sure, a demagogic culture warrior who makes Gammons look like Red Ken is just what the capital needs right now in terms of leadership...

Has he got any actual policies to do with running the city besides calling out the woke mob and complaining about lockdown and big tech? As I understand it he's running on a platform of building a bunch of statues of dead white guys.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/e...rence-fox-london-mayor-sadiq-khan-statues/amp
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/laurence-fox-reclaim-party-woke-anti-british-b920415.html

Last edited:
VBR
And so the pushback begins...

:cheers: 👍 :cool:

Yep, because rich white people are being systematically oppressed right now because, checks notes, statues are being removed and people are subject to accountability for what they say.

Fox and his equally intellectually challenged partner in crime Toby Young, are attempting to do a Trump by dressing the far right up in a suit of faux patriotic flag shagging.

https://the-free-press.co.uk/2021/0...g-allison-pearson-and-the-art-of-being-wrong/

Last edited:
Yep, because rich white people are being systematically oppressed right now because, checks notes, statues are being removed and people are subject to accountability for what they say.

Fox and his equally intellectually challenged partner in crime Toby Young, are attempting to do a Trump by dressing the far right up in a suit of faux patriotic flag shagging.
Perhaps it's satire.

Last edited:
VBR
And so the pushback begins...

:cheers: 👍 :cool:

Yeah, he's definitely not getting my vote....

Not voting for either of the front runners as well since they both seem weak although Bailey is a much better option than the the Conservatives' last candidate who ran with a borderline racist campaign.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the media storm if Corbyn had been found to have got his mates a load of lucrative contracts, which they then spaffed up the wall and delivered nothing? Or if he had used phrases like 'piccaninnies' and "watermelon smiles"? The Tories get away with anything and everything. They'll probably end restrictions early to get the spotlight off this Greensill stuff.

Back