British Man Hits 100mph In His Shed, Because That's What Happens In Britain

What everyman has who spend too much time in his shed. A long suffering wife.

Just in case you don't believe me about what we do in the UK, here's a racing sofa:

racing20sofa.jpg

And a 155mph (yes, you read that right) skip:

1350816_Worlds-Fastest-Skip-Porth-Teigr-Open-Doors.JPG

"Man hits 100mph in his wooden-clad Passat" is a more accurate if not so tabloid-friendly headline.
Guinness World Records calls it a shed, and I'm not one to contradict Norris McWhirter...

Also it's on a Q-plate now, so chances are it's registered as whatever the hell Kevin Nicks wants.

Edit: Yep, it's registered as a "Fastest Shed" unknown model from 2016... and brown.

Guinness World Records calls it a shed, and I'm not one to contradict Norris McWhirter...

Also it's on a Q-plate now, so chances are it's registered as whatever the hell Kevin Nicks wants.

Edit: Yep, it's registered as a "Fastest Shed" unknown model from 2016... and brown.

If it doesn't reek of creosote and it's not used for storing a lawn-mower, some gardening tools, a stack of never-to-be-used-again plastic plant pots, half a bag of fertilizer, a 1/5 full jam jar of dried-up white spirit with a white-gloss coated paint brush stuck in it, some random rusty tools your dad gave you and half a dozen massive spiders. Then it's not really a shed.

If it doesn't reek of creosote and it's not used for storing a lawn-mower, some gardening tools, a stack of never-to-be-used-again plastic plant pots, half a bag of fertilizer, a 1/5 full jam jar of dried-up white spirit with a white-gloss coated paint brush stuck in it, some random rusty tools your dad gave you and half a dozen massive spiders. Then it's not really a shed.
Given the original state of the Passat I reckon it qualified before the shiplap bodywork :lol:

Just in case you don't believe me about what we do in the UK, here's a racing sofa:

racing20sofa.jpg

Christ put a lid on man.
No way I'd be on that sofa without full gear.

There used to be another many years ago. It was basically a quad bike with a shed built around it. It was on an old Clarkson video. Can't remember which one. Mid 90's. Remember it raced Ed china's Sofa (could be the one above?) and a skip (Not the one above). We also had the Andy Saunders built runaground. Again that was late 90's. That was a Reliant Regal? Chassis with the body of a boat. Actually got driven around in that when it debuted. Then we also have the fastest table in the world. Sure I've seen a toilet before and motorised beer kegs. Postman pats child's ride on (think that was the smallest road legal car in the world at one point) and the little tykes childs toy based on a Daewoo Matiz chassis. Oh and Pulse jet Go karts are pretty cool to. They're ones I can remember. Sure there are others.

Remember it raced Ed china's Sofa (could be the one above?)
Yep, that's Edd's sofa.
We also had the Andy Saunders built runaground. Again that was late 90's. That was a Reliant Regal? Chassis with the body of a boat.
Oddly, that came up elsewhere just yesterday:

asorta-transporta.jpg

We're an odd lot and that's not helping our cause :lol:

And then there are those freaks who put F355 bodykits on W20 Toyota MR2s...

racing20sofa.jpg

That first car is it using a pizza pan for steeringwheel?

I was totally expecting Colin Furze to be the one achieving this considering his YouTube channel.

I saw this on the road a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. Used to watch him run up at Long Marston Airfield as well!

world's fastest pram and world's fastest dodgem:
Weren't those the names of the main characters on an '80s sitcom about unlikely roommates?

pramdodgem.jpg

"Standing tall, on the wings of my dreams..."

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back