British Touring Car Championship Game and Esport Series Confirmed, Scheduled for 2022

Thanks to their NASCAR 21 patch for 2022, this isn't even accurate now. NASCAR isn't getting a full game anymore.View attachment 1144126
For the record, they did season expansions for Heat Evo to 3 (Heat Evo has 2017 expansion, Heat 2 has 2018, Heat 3 has 2019). But it seems like they, in a last-ditch attempt, tries to combine that with 2K skipping WWE 2K21 after 2K20's disaster.

For the record, they did season expansions for Heat Evo to 3 (Heat Evo has 2017 expansion, Heat 2 has 2018, Heat 3 has 2019). But it seems like they, in a last-ditch attempt, tries to combine that with 2K skipping WWE 2K21 after 2K20's disaster.
They did and that's not a problem. But they did still release full, improving games for each. Ignition isn't good enough to build over multiple years through patches.

They did, but MSG wasn't involved then. Is it even the same Dev anymore? It's just listed as MSG now.

So much for the dedicated game then since the cars have been repackaged as DLC for rFactor 2.

Honestly, if the dedicated game is canned for this BS then MSG can do one. 2 cars and 2 tracks, never mind the fact it's a PC only sim.

They could really save themselves a lot of image pain by just being honest.

They did, but MSG wasn't involved then. Is it even the same Dev anymore? It's just listed as MSG now.
The Heat series was supposedly co-developed by Monster Games and Deusenberry Martin Racing/704 Games with the latter also serving as publisher (it's pretty clear now though that Monster did the heavy lifting). From what I can tell 704 pretty much developed Ignition with some physics help from Studio 397.

It's becoming clearer every day that Motorsport Games bought the wrong half of that partnership.

They could really save themselves a lot of image pain by just being honest.
Very much so, even notoriously quiet companies like PD have been better at responding when there are major issues with their titles.

Last edited:
Honestly, if the dedicated game is canned for this BS then MSG can do one. 2 cars and 2 tracks, never mind the fact it's a PC only sim.
Looks like they're adding further cars. But even if they had all the content, they can still do one.

Not putting out an annualized game when you're a game publisher and need new products to sell? And you're already not making money?

Feels like this company is going to be gonezo in about a year. Their fall game is...KartKraft for console? A game with no single player career?

BTCC game status update due before the end of June 2022

I guess the game is still being worked on? If the content was just dropped for rFactor 2 and the game was cancelled, I imagine they wouldn't make a future announcement on it. Then again this could be another trick to stifle money from investors...
Link doesn't work. I assume you mean this. https://auto4sq.com/btcc-game-status-update-due-before-the-end-of-june-2022/

Which includes the May Investor Presentation which says this game's release date is being announced in the next quarter.

Browsing through Twitter, I found this article including this quote from a former employee. Not a good look when Alan Gow is annoyed at your lack of updates.
“Two months after the company knew BTCC was delayed, Alan Gow, BTCC chief executive, had no clue, and they were planning to drop it on him [in April],” they said. “He [Gow] was already very annoyed at the lack of updates from our side, so it was going to be a hard one to swallow already.”
They don't have money for the next 12 months yet make decisions like this...?
“This was not a decision based on saving money, as the cost of providing a new game and this update are quite similar,” he said. “In fact, releasing a DLC vs a new 2022 title is projected to negatively impact total potential revenues.”

Last edited:
Full Release 2024
Bit convenient to have a release date 2 years away when the company isn’t even expected to last another 12 months? Bunch of crooks running the ship and genuinely feel sorry for the people that were brought in by their lies and deceit.

With this announcement, as well as the recent apparent renders for the IndyCar game, it seems like a desperate last ditch effort to try and boost their plummeting shares before the final nail is hammered into the coffin.

Hopefully going forward some of the global motorsports organisations will be a LOT more cautious about who they give their licences to, or at the very least put in get out clauses to prevent crap like this from happening again and being scammed by crooks posing as game developers.

Full Release 2024

They say in the article, 2024 release as previously stated by the company. I don't recall ever seeing them state this and the initial time we had was 2022 wasn't it?

We're never seeing this game.

Maybe that‘s good for other games to use the licence. At least have access to more than one car.
I'd rather have the license be revoked entirely and not fall into the hands of any other developer given that the rest of the industry is about as trustworthy as a pyschopath with a can of petrol.

I understand that and understand the potential for one studio to grab it. For pc players, it‘s not problem. Hopefully, it Wouldn’t come down to one studio getting the rights.

Not surprised in the least. Bunch of scammers posing as a video game developer. Gotta feel sorry for the employees and everyone else they suckered in with false promises.

There really needs to be something put in place to stop companies like this snapping up so many exclusive licences, especially when they have zero track record at all of developing games!

Take the licence away also shame on the people like Btcc for signing this at the first place.

What a disgrace.

Take the licence away also shame on the people like Btcc for signing this at the first place.

What a disgrace.
No shame on the BTCC etc here, BTCC content has already hit rFactor 2 for a start, Alan Gow wouldn't just hand out licensing without assurance of a quality product. What it shows is how many lies and hollow promises there must have been to all the series' they were claiming to license and make, IndyCar, Le Mans, etc.

The real damage is it has a likelihood of putting these companies off from attempting to license their series' again.

For anybody who had any tiny semblance of hope that the BTCC game would come to fruition, no chance.

“BTCC pretty much got canned a while ago,” one source who still works at the company said.

For anybody who had any tiny semblance of hope that the BTCC game would come to fruition, no chance.

What a joke!!

Also not to mention motorsport games will signing a exclusive deal with Indy car end of the year.

Shame on the Btcc and Indy car series selling their souls for greed rather than allowing their licences to be used by everybody.

They can make more by licensing it to every racing games but nah.

Shame on the Btcc and Indy car series selling their souls for greed rather than allowing their licences to be used by everybody.
To be fair on the BTCC, nobody is looking for their license in the same way iRacing is with IndyCar. It's more a case of circumstance than greed from the BTCC.

Right now, I’d be happy with with BTCC in this style

Right now, I’d be happy with with BTCC in this style
The closest alternative I can suggest is this game which features touring cars among several other racing disciplines ;)

Back