British Touring Car Championship Game and Esport Series Confirmed, Scheduled for 2022

The closest alternative I can suggest is this game which features touring cars among several other racing disciplines ;)

Bought that on debut. ;)

Time for them to licence it to different racing games.

Let everybody enjoy the BTCC.

I hope WEC is next to terminate.

I sense EA could be going for the motorsport set at this rate. They already have F1 and WRC under their belt, so obtaining BTCC would make sense given Codemasters' history with the license and how fondly the TOCA Race Driver series is remembered.

Last edited:
I sense EA could be going for the motorsport set at this rate. They already have F1 and WRC under their belt, so obtaining BTCC would make sense given Codemasters' history with the license and how fondly the TOCA Race Driver series is remembered.
That or even Turn 10 tbh

Would love a good BTCC game like the old TOCA games.
But who can make it?

Apart of Kunos... I don't see anybody, and new Codemasters with EA may not be able to face this task.

I can't see any publisher going for the BTCC license for a stand alone game due to minimal manufacturer backing in the series.

I just don't think the series is that popular outside of the UK anymore like it was in the 90's when every car was a works team.
Yeah. I see this more like opportunity to get licensed cars and "series" as a part of bigger game.

Maybe GTRevival team could take it :D ;) @Ian Bell

Last edited:
Would more expect Milestone or Kylotonn (KT Racing) after finishing TDU SC. EA won't even do a new NFS or Grid soon so I wouldn't expect a nische like BTCC. For a proper simcade-morearcadethansimcadeish TOCA 2 approach please Bugbear and develop the Wreckfest-Handling just a little bit and publish it with THQ Nordic. For me just using the Wreckfest-Engine 1:1 and just develop cars + tracks would be amazing but I guess people would moan about old graphics etc..

I'm sorry but if someone develop this as a hardcore sim it will fail because you'll not collect/satisfy most of the 40-50 year old dads from TOCA 1+2 with very little time in hand today to play games who could buy this for nostalgia and getting some quick rounds in on a controller before going to bed.

Last edited:
I see ACC as kinda the modern day Toca 2 - quite niche but really all in on detail and accuracy to replicate the series as well as it possibly can....I'd love something similar for the BTCC. Glad MSG have been binned off, they're ****.

Which is precisely the opposite of what Alan Gow, CEO of BTCC, wants and why we've not seen BTCC in any game in 25 years.
Ok. Forgot about that.:cheers:

I see ACC as kinda the modern day Toca 2 - quite niche but really all in on detail and accuracy to replicate the series as well as it possibly can....I'd love something similar for the BTCC. Glad MSG have been binned off, they're ****.
Too bad other series didn't bin MSG yet. I am really sad about this WEC game, LeMan Ultimate might be good, but it is very worring if this project will be good after so much controversy.

Last edited:
Had a friend who was working at Motorsport Games for a short period last year, he went out laser scanning Brands Hatch.

Frustrating what was happening with rFactor 2, drip feeding expensive DLC every now and again.

If the rumours were true, that the game was going to be arcade shlock, I am glad it won't exist under it's original guise, anyway!

The only fully MSG developed game I can think of is Ignition and that's probably the worst racing game I've played for years, borderline unplayable in an era where genuinely bad games are such a rarity. They used existing code on Heat 5 and Rivals, and still made a complete mess of it. They're a horrible developer. Lucky escape for all BTCC fans I think.

Last edited:
Apart of Kunos... I don't see anybody, and new Codemasters with EA may not be able to face this task.
I don’t know of any higher-up conversations (it’s none of my business), but in my personal opinion we’re already pretty busy with F1 and WRC.

I get the nostalgia making people say “let Codies do it” and all, but I don’t think BTCC is a big enough brand to sell the kinds of copies we expect from F1 and WRC releases.

Could definitely see Forza Motorsport doing a DLC pack though, or maybe even KT or Milestone having a go at a full game.

I don’t know of any higher-up conversations (it’s none of my business), but in my personal opinion we’re already pretty busy with F1 and WRC.

I get the nostalgia making people say “let Codies do it” and all, but I don’t think BTCC is a big enough brand to sell the kinds of copies we expect from F1 and WRC releases.

Could definitely see Forza Motorsport doing a DLC pack though, or maybe even KT or Milestone having a go at a full game.

Wouldn’t be out of character of Milestone to try it. They did the Superstars V8 game and its sequel after all, the recent Superbike entry. It’s well inside their capability.

What’s the betting the WEC/Le Mans game doesn’t see the light of day? Going by MS Games investor meeting it sounds like the production on their IndyCar game is also suspended.

Feel for the developers caught up in the mess of them biting off more than they could chew with all these licences. As much as I’d love a dedicated Le Mans, IndyCar and BTTC game, maybe they should have just focussed on one licence and dedicated all efforts on making the game the best it could be to grow their experience and track record.

Personally don’t think we’ll see any dedicated games for these series going forward and instead inclusions of certain cars and tracks in other titles like GT and Forza. Maybe someone like Kylotonn could do it now they’re without the WRC licence. Either way, hopefully they’ve learned from the mistakes of selling exclusive licenses to a single outfit with no prior experience.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Don't mean to dampen things but is this not more about the dispute about the content in rF2 being resolved than an actual new game? It says non-exclusive and all the stuff about a future project sounds pretty wishy washy. The BTCC content in rF2 has been reinstated, chances of MSG making a new game though, I'm not convinced.

Don't mean to dampen things but is this not more about the dispute about the content in rF2 being resolved than an actual new game? It says non-exclusive and all the stuff about a future project sounds pretty wishy washy. The BTCC content in rF2 has been reinstated, chances of MSG making a new game though, I'm not convinced.

You're right, but, what it does show is there's still a pulse. Many of us were pretty sceptical of the viability of a stand-alone BTCC game to begin with, and what really got a lot of people up in arms was all the exclusive rights contracts the former CEO/scam artist was wheeling with everyone. So, it sounds like the new CEO is actually making an effort at pulling it out of the tailspin, and playing a lot nicer with everyone to do it. Whether they've yanked back on the stick in time to avoid slamming into the hard deck at 400 kts remains to be seen.

Back