BryCivicSi's Photo Gallery - Update 5/3 - Camaro SS '69

• Thread starter BryCivicSi
  • 104 comments
The battle shots came out good. The two cars look perfect together on the race track. Cant wait for the final shots.

I convinced myself to fire up PS and do some editing but realized it it would take me about 2hrs to edit and border all the images and upload them. And I'll be asleep before then. So tired!!! Tomorrow it is. The FB entry is probably second favorite from the collection. The first is pretty wicked and the rest are decent IMO. While shooting, I realized I kinda dislike the headlight covers on the GT-R so I almost did not shooting of my car in the race.

My Favorite of the set

Except for the first two which I messed with the color to make them look like the rest, these are unedited.​

I really like the last two. I always thought the GTR was way longer, but it looks like its bearly bigger. That last shot would be cool if i was closer to you. I almost lost it on that last corner. I tried getting to close to you on some of the corners and ended up getting to close haha.

Great set. Love the editing to them. Would have to go with your favourite as my favourite aswell followed closely by your comp entry. Great angles and composition throughout. Not really bad pic in the set 👍

Thanks you two. As for the Daytona pic, I am excited too. I have some new ideas to make that entry really stand out this week.

we really have to do something with those headlight covers! You got some good action shots from it though. The third and forth one would have looked so much better if we could have managed to stay closer. These two cars look so perfect together in a set.

Nice shots nonetheless.

Crisp, clean, and vintage on the GTR shots. Love them. And the Daytona shot is spot on. Great updates and can't wait to see more.

Thanks you two. I was hunting down a spot for a shoot this weekend and came across this little gem. The photo border is a little much so i will have to cut it back for the final entry. In the process I came across a new way to display my images. It's going to get crazy up in here real soon.

I like what you did with the border, havnt seen it done before. We need to get some races going on.

I like what you did with the border, havnt seen it done before. We need to get some races going on.

I used to do that a lot in real life when I was making actual prints from negatives. This is a little extreme though. My final image will more reflect what I would do. If you are up for it tonight, I should be on to race. Maybe 5 or 6 your time depending on how long it takes me clear off all this snowfall today.

Snow eh? Its nice and sunny here :P which gets kinda boring :( Anyways yeah im up for racing. Ill probably be on by the time you get on.

Yup, couple inches so far and I think a few tonight. I gotta be at work at 6am to help clear the lot tomorrow. I'd take the boring sun over 15 degree snowy days.

I am starting a new layout for my previews.

Because this is time consuming, I will most likely switch to themed updates maybe once a week or so. These look like contact sheets from my former days. Each one can be clicked on for a full-sized image. Enjoy!

The second half of the "roll" will come later tomorrow.

And a special shoutout to GTMail and IIIhellbillyIII for their help with this shoot. THANKS!​

whaaat i thought it was tomorrow :( For some reason sunday just stuck in my head. Sorry man didnt mean to noshow.

I love the presentation. I love the 2nd pic but im a sucker for sun glare shots haha. One thing though, some of them seem to have a greyish film over it. Was that the effect you where going for, to make the cars and the photo seem from that period? If so dont mind this last bit haha.

A grayish film. I dont see it but I know what you are talking about. I have the contrast set to about 30 in these pics which can give that effect if unexposed properly. Are the whites not bright white and blacks not very black to you? I am after this look though.
Shoot was yesterday. Three people was plenty though. no worries.

Alright, i wasnt sure if it was intentional or not. My mistake. Still sad i missed out on it, i was thinking about setting up something so ill pm you with details.

6758277453_3d31a2cba4_b.jpg

This was my shoot for this weeks advanced competition. The last shot is a 'big shot' so if you'd like a wallpaper for your computer, let me know the resolution of your monitor so I can custom make you one.

The second, third, and sixth shots are my favorite. The fifth shot, i wish that the part of the car is visible was more crisp and define. As I've said hundreds of times, i love sunburst shots :) Great set Bry.

It's gonna be a good battle with the advanced comp. I also shot my last set for it.

The second, third, and sixth shots are my favorite.
Mine favs are the first and sixth but now that I look at the first one on my computer, I wish I dialed the depth of field way more narrow. There is a lot going on and there is too much in focus. I've eyed that last one for the final entry but it seems like my last few entries.

The fifth shot, i wish that the part of the car is visible was more crisp and define.

Dang it, you are right. It looked great in-game but I think I accidentally left the shutter on 100 so it left everything a little blurry. Oops!!

Mine favs are the first and sixth but now that I look at the first one on my computer, I wish I dialed the depth of field way more narrow. There is a lot going on and there is too much in focus. I've eyed that last one for the final entry but it seems like my last few entries.
Yeah there is a lot going on in that first one, to much is in focus in my opinion. I think if you can make the fifth shot more crisp, then it would be a perfect entry.

Dang it, you are right. It looked great in-game but I think I accidentally left the shutter on 100 so it left everything a little blurry. Oops!!
Ooooo ive done that plenty of times haha. I feel its a great shot in game, i move to the computer and it looks nothing like i saw it. I had the same problem with my current set. It seemed like the perfect settings for a sunset, dark with a good amount of the car color visible still. Oh boy was i wrong.. i moved to my computer and man they were darker then what i wanted so i had to edit the brightness and exposure of them. Sad thing though, i shot those photos with the intention of them being unedited :(

Think the feedback that Robot has given you is spot on and you've already mentioned yourself what i would of said about the first shot, bit more focus on the car would make it a really nice shot. My favourite has to be the last shot though, the position of the sun is beautiful 👍

6838351641_403a031309.jpg

The first few are a little dark. I originally built the car and went to the Alps to start tuning but then it turned into a photo shoot. By the time I realized they were dark, it was too late. And PS didn't help much to recover them. I loved the color I made for this car, a slate blue, and it works well with these muted colors.

Back