<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
I'm still using the Volvo Rolo, but it's still subject to change. I'm not happy with any car at Spa, I'm doing 38's, a 37 is possible but I feel as though I'm taking too much kerb to achieve it.

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going wrong, perhaps the physics are throwing me, or I need more seat time. I'm probably just really rusty.

So Volvo for me unless you hear otherwise.

I'd imagine it's just a lot of rustyness to be honest! You'll get the hang again 👍

I'm gonna test the Peugeot now to see if I do want to change. At least that way all 8 manufacturers on the grid would have decent representation....

Hey Rolo,

In reply to your earlier question I will just race alone as an independent.

Also my colours are yellow body blue wheels.

Thanks.

I may be a little quicker in the Ford round Spa... but I think I will switch to the Peugeot anyway just so the whole grid is represented. Will prove useful for testing purposes 👍

you in your lounge atm?

Not right now but I could set one up later this afternoon if enough people are online.

Rolo, sorry I think I missed the post regarding confirmation of pre-qualifying. Is it qualifying and a short race?

Pre-qualifying begins at 7pm GMT with spec checks, and the beginning of a 7-minute Qualifier as soon as possible after that. If you're late then you fail to qualify, since once that Qualifier begins you can't join it (same goes for DCing and falling out of it). Once this qualifier is done then it's a half-distance race - so this week it's a 4-lap race - with no pit-stop window.

You can always check the opening post of this thread and post #3 for information about the race format. 👍

I just hope my connection holds up during Pre-Q :scared: Luckily I should have another steward present to help me out.

2:37.5xx is my best in the Volvo. The understeer is hurting a lot, seems much worse than the other cars. The Peugeot/Ford/VW all handle much nicer, especially the Peugeot.

I've put a lot of time into the Volvo and I'll stick with it, just don't get on the outside of me going around a corner as I will understeer. :(

This might be a bit of a silly move given the season is starting in a couple of hours.. but should I think about speccing up an S60 for this series in case the C30 is too bad?

I would keep things as there are, bit late giving change now really.
Just look what 1420 in the Nissan did, had to pass the car over to you for testing.

I should have clarified..I meant as an additional option to the C30 and not as a replacement - to be available to Volvo drivers only. Just ran it and found a good spec so I guess I'll wait for feedback after today.

Locked in drivers - be online for around 7.30. I'll PM you guys on PSN when it's time to enter the lounge. No practice time once you're in, it's straight on with the action, so get your practice in beforehand.

I wouldn't turn down having the option to swap, but I wouldn't be willing to swap at this late stage. Perhaps after race 1.

Although to be honest, I'd rather not drive an S60. Wasn't that introduced in GT4? Graphically it looks like a GT4 car and it's not appealing. It would need to be a sublime drive. :)

Good luck to everyone tonight, it will be a tough race.

Did I see my team m8 post?

Sure I did hey Blue: Nissan weight 1440 now, just incase you missed it :mad:
Oh and if you not win tonight you get a slap.

Can you ask your Dad to slap you later pls :lol:

can someone clarify when i'm supposed to get online? and do we meet in another room before joining the pre-q winners?

can someone clarify when i'm supposed to get online? and do we meet in another room before joining the pre-q winners?

Locked in drivers - be online for around 7.30. I'll PM you guys on PSN when it's time to enter the lounge. No practice time once you're in, it's straight on with the action, so get your practice in beforehand.

It'll likely be the same lounge as pre-Q.

No second Volvo before Spa. BMW is a standard car and it's in; graphics are no buffer to entry. It is a sublime drive to be honest.

Note to all Pre-Qualifying Drivers:

Divebombing will not be tolerated in the slightest, and will be penalised by taking your right to qualify away next week.. or in other words, a one-race ban. Two of those penalties could possibly see you gone for half a season or more.

Race day is finally here! I have a practice room open if anyone wants to join. Room closed.

Last edited:
Long story short; I cant make it. My corrado is going to my buddies where he will be starting the supercharger assembly.

Its bittersweet. So happy and so mad im missing Spa. A track where the scirocco looked strong!!!

Good luck today guys

Back