<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
will be online at 4pm. after college classes.

If that's 4pm EST, then that's 9pm GMT, by which time we'll be long finished.

Long story short; I cant make it. My corrado is going to my buddies where he will be starting the supercharger assembly.

Its bittersweet. So happy and so mad im missing Spa. A track where the scirocco looked strong!!!

Good luck today guys
stig is unable to race tonight sadly

Two guys missing if any reserves want to take the spots.

Lounge to open shortly ONLY for @priesty_lfc @Scaniabebe @Malcolm Tucker @sibbystiggy @mrbrendon999 @Dimse91 @unitedstomper @Ian_83 @MiuraSV @DR_ingo5 @GTPvw_slc @Zootee @hurleyman24 @SpeedyMcQueen@AlexandaHonda @flowaangelz @Harsk100 @swiftsmith @K1utch @powwa25

Anyone in the lounge before will be asked to leave (apart from the extra steward). Nobody is allowed on track except for pre-qualifying drivers.

Accidentally quit Race 2... brain clearly fading after having all that stuff to do! :banghead:

Good job though in a way... driving standards were an utter mess in Race 2... lot to be looked at. :grumpy:

Race set up a big change on yourself m8.
But hey you make the games and rules lol.

I need to look at replys race one I was all over the place.
Race two yeah get the in line but using the a car to do it not good.

Feel a little bad on unitedstomper great and fair racing guy.
Race 1 I got an ego boost went up is inside bang.
Then race 2 I did it again, getting a clean pass on him was just not going to happen.

Sorry twice unitedstomper.
Great stuff rolo on racing setup, you make online racing great fun.

Grid maybe big but that's makes it even more real I think.

Ture-blue 3rd in race 2 well done team m8.
Brendon lag in race 1, man it was bad sorry to say that.
We been testing and no problems just in race 1 when we got close.
I think I over took you then you seem to hit a wall and then back in my rear mirror.
Then left of my mirror and well of track and then bang up my inside on the right little bang.

Dam gt lag anyway need to watch my replys then report to rolo

I'm going to blame myself and the car for my horrendous races tonight. I very nearly rage quit from R2 and had to concede lots of places. I'm starting to question whether I was right to take on the full series.

Glad I managed to pre-qualify, I was expecting to struggle!

Race 1 was good until true blue span and blocked the pit entrance! I tried to give you a shove to help but to no avail. Swings and roundabouts though, if that didn't happen then I wouldn't have started race 2 on the front row and probably would've finished midfield rather than 2nd.

Sorry to @quade420 for a couple of taps in race 1, the Renault is so much faster in a straight line than the BMW so we were tangled up for quite a while. I was trying to just follow you to catch up with the pack but the speed difference meant I had to go for moves all the time. It's really tense trying to race an FR because one tap could end your race.

Also sorry to @DirtyNurbKing58 for cutting you up in race 2. The blind spot indicator disappeared so I thought it was all good to turn in, then there was a thud. Had a look at the replay, there wasn't much contact but I must of spooked you into a mistake as you weren't expecting me to turn in. I'll happily receive punishment if the stewards deem it necessary.

Thanks to @rolo912011 for all your effort in organizing this :bowdown: :cheers:

@CptMadBean no worries bud that's racing if there weren't any contact it would be boring lol

Very intense racing guys I really enjoyed it I'm sure the stewards will penalise where necessary and thanks to everyone who made round 1 so entertaining.

Well that was certainly entertaining. I was pushing that little Volvo a bit hard in places but it did better than I expected. I was still suffering the understeer but I was getting the hang of it.

I had a huge accident in race 2, I lost it on the back straight, lap 2, thankfully I kept it on the grass and people avoided me. Sorry.

True getting stuck in the pits was really unfortunate. I was battling with xflow and was heading for the pits, but xflow gave me a tap and I had to rescue it into the pit lane. Then somehow True came along afterwards and hit the pit entrance..... True thought that I was 'jumping about' but on my replay it looked fine, I probably used the handbrake because I was kicking up some tyre smoke trying to get it rescued.

Ian you did a fine job taming that beast. I couldn't drive it at all and immediately sold it after my first test session.:P

Ian you did a fine job taming that beast. I couldn't drive it at all and immediately sold it after my first test session.:P
Thank you very much. :)

It was still pushing wide through the bends, I had a little lift off oversteer, but understeer returns as soon as I go near the throttle.

Considering that I couldn't get online for the test sessions I'm pretty pleased with what I've managed today.

I could have done a lot better had I not have spun out. Lol. I started in 15th, worked my way up to 9th on lap 2 and then dropped back to 16th after the spin. I was lucky to get 7th really.

Yeah it was great to see a good turn out. That's one major advantage of having the pre-qualifier. It's rare to get a 16 car grid.

I may be up for some practice later if anyone fancies it. I don't know the next track very well at all, so I need to get learning those lines.

There were some driving standard issues in places though, predominantly people not leaving each other enough space on the track. I feel sorry for the FR drivers, it can't be easy trying to keep it straight when someone starts rubbing you. :(

One way to look at it Ian, next track Is silverstone with all the good bends taken out.

Rolo you know how many laps and pit window yet?

One way to look at it Ian, next track Is silverstone with all the good bends taken out.

Lol. That's a fairly good explanation.

I tried it briefly last night with Canyon and I was doing 1:02's but that was only a few laps whilst learning the track, so I'm guessing that we could be looking at 18 - 20 laps around here. :)

I was doing early 1:01s in testing pre 1.04 update, but I'll have a quick run round over the weekend to see what's up with the times.

I notice the VWs struggled at Spa, I'll see after next week if they need the 10hp back (hopefully not, the car is too quick with it..)

Hello,

Yesterday was knocked out at first turn at pre-qualify race... a bit dissapointed that was not able to race at main races, but never mind. Want to ask other drivers to be more friendlier and not so greedy...

I notice the VWs struggled at Spa, I'll see after next week if they need the 10hp back (hopefully not, the car is too quick with it..)
Was the straight line speed much different then? I just wondered if it was the car that was slow, or just some bad luck for the drivers. 295 seemed quick when you tested it.

think they just had a bad outing , brendon was very quiick just unlucky . canyon too

top speed numbers were good

Yeah Canyon had a rough time of it. The blocked pit was a nightmare for him. Thankfully he managed to hit Tru hard enough to knock him into the pits, but it did cost him loads and loads of time.

Biggest problem I saw with the VW was their launch of the line. They struggle to get off the line, loads of wheelspinning going on.

The FR's are awesome off the line, instantly gaining places on the FF's. It's good fun.

Was it wrong that I laughed a little watching the replay? I've never seen that happen before either.

Felt sorry for Glenn too. We had a great race in the pre-qualifier, it was close from start to finish, two tenths separating the top 3 cars. Really enjoyable racing. I'm pleased to see that he got a good result in race 2.

Last edited:
PB 1:02.145, but am running Spa gearing and there still work on setup.
I guess with more testing and final tweeks on setting maybe in the 00.s

MAYBE lol

ah im gutted from last night, race 1 was looking good. thats probably what it was ian, you used the handrake, then it looked fine as i turned in but i clipped the barrier and it spun me, i couldn't move. so apologies to all. gutted as i could have finished on the podium, well, i made BTCC history :\ lol
Race 2 was looking incredibly good, but yeah @Malcom Tucker you did cut me up and i got stuck on the kerbs and couldn't turn. but no hard feelings, i know those indicators never work and you had no idea i was theregreat racing though guys, and a huge thank you for all the effort rolo :)

So when will we all know our fate lol.?
Do you really want to know? Lol.

The results and points are usually up on Saturday, but it could take longer due to the amount of stewarding that has to be done. It takes time watching the replays through and working out who did what to who.

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome. :scared:

Back