<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Why it can't be top 16? I don't understand why :/

I want to keep the series open to more than 16 people, but Pre-Q is cancelled more often than it runs this season, so I wanted to get rid of it and bring a 3rd race back in.

Normally we get grids of about 14 each week anyway, but hopefully doing it this way will mean we get 16 a lot of the time.

ofc we'll be there mate. can you sign me and madbean as Diesel Pig Racing and hurley as a DPR Independent. thanks mate :)
we have an idea of our cars, but not finished yet. will run our red paint again, but only if theres no clashing

To clarify things so far... Top 14 drivers who have reserved a space so far:

rolo, Ian, quade, neljack, Street, MadBean, skeng, True, hurley

I'll be going Independent again this season I think.

---

Quite tempted to encourage participation in pre-season testing by offering a little mini-series up for it....

---

Also, replacing Brands GP with Brands Indy to help balancing between FR and FF.

Last edited:
But if I would stay in the same team as you? Reserve a spot for me, please. I want to race.

I'm not running a team so that wouldn't work.

You're not in the Top 14 in the BTCC-7 championship, so I won't be reserving you a space. I will let you know when general sign-ups are open.

I might stick with rear drive, but if @Ian_83 has a fast FF sorted, I might go with that and might share setups.

Harsk you seem like a nice enough guy but until you fix your internet connection I will protest for you to be dropped from racing in any series I am racing in , sorry to be that guy who has to point it out but when you are involved in a race in multiple series we have raced on track together you end up causing a problem/crash/issue for someone who cant see you on track .

Can teams mix cars ?

I might stick with rear drive, but if @Ian_83 has a fast FF sorted, I might go with that and might share setups.
I haven't had a play with the cars yet, but if you want to run an FR that's fine by me. At the end of the day, I want you to drive the car that you're most comfortable with, rather than force you into something that I want to drive. :)

I'll probably stick with an FF because that's what I do best.

Harsk you seem like a nice enough guy but until you fix your internet connection I will protest for you to be dropped from racing in any series I am racing in , sorry to be that guy who has to point it out but when you are involved in a race in multiple series we have raced on track together you end up causing a problem/crash/issue for someone who cant see you on track .

Can teams mix cars ?
Don't do it skeng! Please! It is a glitch. I think the reason is because for NOT adding enough drivers... It might be that, right?

Last edited:
It could be a race day glitch, I've not seen all drivers join the track.
But there on track, I've also seen two Karstens going round the track.

He had his Nissan plus was named driving round in a yellow car, think that was at Spa.
But not seeing cars on track that's a bad glitch to have.

Have you cleared you cahc in gt game?

Don't do it skeng! Please! It is a glitch. I think the reason is because for NOT adding enough drivers... It might be that, right?

It's definitely your connection. Race 2 was fine except for Stig not seeing a couple of people either.

So, Rolo wanna team up next season at Team Buckfast :sly:

If you get into the Top 14 in points this season then I can reserve you a slot, otherwise you can sign up when I open general sign-ups, and then you can play the lottery every week to see if you can get in. :sly:

Might make teaming up a bit difficult if that were the case? Anyways, I've got my own car/entry ideas for Independents' this season 👍

If you get into the Top 14 in points this season then I can reserve you a slot, otherwise you can sign up when I open general sign-ups, and then you can play the lottery every week to see if you can get in. :sly:

Was only meesin Rolo :P

Will see what I can do in the final race; I may be able to muster up enough points due to inactivity of some of your guys.

I'd be going as an independent as well.....if I make it in that is :sly:

Will see what I can do in the final race; I may be able to muster up enough points due to inactivity of some of your guys.

I'd be going as an independent as well.....if I make it in that is :sly:

You can do it mate. :) It was great seeing you out on track again. :cheers:

Getting Red_Leader back too would be awesome. :) Where is he hiding anyway?

No idea, he was a quality driver in the seasons he raced though.

---

Bit of car spec news:

Ford back up to 1360kg for next season. It is perfectly fine at that weight.
Peugeot down to 1250kg.

Nissan could be replaced... in the first instance I'll try other Nissans and then look at other FRs.
Hyundai may rise to 1430kg.
Citroen may fall to 1320 but not sure yet.

Also... only just now beginning to realise the excellence of the new 'spec check via the member list' feature.. if an FR needs extra power we no longer need to be concerned about spec checks being impossible. Plus 5kg increments in weight are back on the agenda 👍 :D

Last edited:
NOOOO NISSAN. please dont take my baby away. its like a faithful dog, we have been through so much.
expect a farewell ceremony at brands for it everyone lol

It's not working awfully well with this calendar to be honest. Very slow at Willow and at GP/D. There are probably better FRs out there. With 6-speed boxes too.

Back