<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
His internet connection, driving and forum posts are all of the same quality. But you've got to laugh. :lol: The STCC thread was a funny read too, I had a good laugh reading through that, I'm still waiting for Harsk to win the STCC season. 👍

I somehow don't think that'll be happening! :P

I'm gonna put Suzuka East on the calendar instead of Suzuka for now.. I'm thinking the balance needs to swing a little more towards handling.

And I will replace with Tokyo if that doesn't work out so well.

EDIT: Tokyo in for now.

Last edited:
Citroen down to 1320kg.

Peugeot down to 1240kg.

Hyundai up to 1450kg.

Ford weight also to be raised.

Expect "big" FR news shortly.

Last edited:
FR News:
  • BMW and Nissan are both leaving the series at the end of the season
  • Two new manufacturers are coming in to replace them
    • Mercedes-Benz enter BTCC with the C63 AMG '08 (305hp, 1450kg provisionally)
    • Jaguar enter BTCC with the XFR '10 (310hp, 1500kg provisionally)

Pre-Qualifying:
I've decided it's coming back, but the three-race format will not be affected. In general, most people tend to be in the lounge by 6.45pm GMT, and this is when Pre-Qualifying will now take place on race night. It will run as a 7-minute Qualifier only with no meaningful race (although one will start automatically at the end of Q).

It will otherwise follow all the same rules as the current season (Top 10 locked-in, 6 spaces, DC = DNPQ, Late = DNPQ etc).

Interesting to have two big V8 super saloons entering. Jag looks tempting as does the AMG. I might bring both to a test session.

I'm gonna put Suzuka East on the calendar instead of Suzuka for now.. I'm thinking the balance needs to swing a little more towards handling.

And I will replace with Tokyo if that doesn't work out so well.

EDIT: Tokyo in for now.
TOKYO I LOVE YOU ROLO!!!! lol. Nice to know I am squeezing into top 14 in VW working my butt off at the moment, gonna test jag tonight also and merc they have caught my eye as they are cars I enduro race everyday.

And the C63 without a rear wing will be hell, saying it already is with a wing! :P
Still, I need to focus on tomorrow's race now that my headphones have arrived...

TOKYO I LOVE YOU ROLO!!!! lol. Nice to know I am squeezing into top 14 in VW working my butt off at the moment, gonna test jag tonight also and merc they have caught my eye as they are cars I enduro race everyday.

Please check the opening post about Pre-Qualifying, it's back for next season and now it's only the Top 10 who will be guaranteed a place. Really sorry about the change of mind :/

Tokyo is in provisionally, but may go again if need be.

OP is updated. Please read.

So, two V8s are entering the Season...
One of them, a V8-Supercar machine? :P

Gunna enjoy seeing this! :lol:
Saying that, them V8s will be slow as hell on the straights! I don't see them working! :scared:
And the C63 without a rear wing will be hell, saying it already is with a wing! :P
Still, I need to focus on tomorrow's race now that my headphones have arrived...
Interesting to have two big V8 super saloons entering. Jag looks tempting as does the AMG. I might bring both to a test session.

They actually do surprisingly well. This calendar is designed to not have too much twisty stuff or too much straight lines. C63 is surprisingly grippy actually, rear is a bit loose but not as much as the BMW's is.

Remember with the new spec check possibilities more power can be added, and specs in general can be tweaked...

I've wanted to put a Jag and a Merc in this, Merc especially as there is actually one in real BTCC right now. A bit of an 80's BTCC flavour :sly:

Why are Nissan and BMW leaving BTCC?

Every season the car list gets changed and adapted to suit the calendar of that season, or just to have a change. Manufacturers come and go.

----

Important: Just like the Hyundai, the Citroen must also run the 'No Wings' option instead of 'Standard Aero' - apologies for the oversight. OP regs updated to reflect this.

Would the Merc and the Jag would also need to be de-winged as well since the have small lip-spoilers on the back?

To be fair, it'd be nice to see Honda back in the Championship again! :P

No matter what Honda you put in, it always seems to win, hence its absence. Tried the 08 Civic for this season actually but it wouldn't work - 1330 it would destroy anything, 1360 it would be hopeless, and the bits in the middle weren't much better.

It would be nice if I would see all cars from previous seasons running together! :D

Would be a pretty pointless exercise in most cases. Some could come back and work, but if you put all of them in at once then there's nothing new or different to do for each new season.

jaguar 3mph off the scirocco on straights, merc is 1mph off

@Scaniabebe seems they might be alright... what track was that at? Silv GP?

No matter what Honda you put in, it always seems to win, hence its absence. Tried the 08 Civic for this season actually but it wouldn't work - 1330 it would destroy anything, 1360 it would be hopeless, and the bits in the middle weren't much better.

Would be a pretty pointless exercise in most cases. Some could come back and work, but if you put all of them in at once then there's nothing new or different to do for each new season.

@Scaniabebe seems they might be alright... what track was that at? Silv GP?
yeah

Hum... Maybe you wanted to try something new....

Back