<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
i think an extra week, as some cars may be completely off and may end up with 3-5 competitive cars. allows us all to test and give you a hand rolo

Well we still have a week to get track ready so I say we keep working and see how things turn out. I will discuss the issue with mad and hurley when they come online and see what they think, I don't know if I can get the car up to a competitive standard yet.
If people could put up some times using their current setups then I have a point to aim for and I will see if it can be done

Thanks

Well we still have a week to get track ready so I say we keep working and see how things turn out. I will discuss the issue with mad and hurley when they come online and see what they think, I don't know if I can get the car up to a competitive standard yet.
If people could put up some times using their current setups then I have a point to aim for and I will see if it can be done

Thanks

It would also be nice to see if the BMW has been affected.

I'm reading just unsure what to do really, I've not tested the car yet with the new update.
And not sure when I will, may fit it in tomorrow?

Well I know that my megane is slower down the straight and my gear ratios are wrong since the update... Camber seems to work now which is cool but tbh I'll need to re tune my car as I'm down on my PB as well by over half a second... Closer to a second off if I'm honest.. As for delaying the race... Ill do whatever is needed to keep things fair as my FF car is less affected than the rwd cars seem to be.. I don't want to gain an advantage this way

I ran 1.44.0 the other day. But after the Update, I ran 1.45.5 in arcade in the Alfa. Maybe it was just me driving inconsistent, but maybe it really was the update. I tried not to blame the update, but, seeing a few other people having problems with their cars, maybe it was the update/car and not my inconsistency.

I ran 1.44.0 the other day. But after the Update, I ran 1.45.5 in arcade in the Alfa. Maybe it was just me driving inconsistent, but maybe it really was the update. I tried not to blame the update, but, seeing a few other people having problems with their cars, maybe it was the update/car and not my inconsistency.
Don't test using the arcade mode, only test online. ;)

I banked a 1:40.8 on one of my setups today in alfa. To try help ya

I did a 40 6 once but was more in the 40 8s or 41 0s

Before the update i was 40 3 and always under the 41s

I havent touched the camber yet so I hope I can find more time

The 1st sector time is slower which means top speed has to be slower or just the overall acceleration but id lean more towards top speed

Ill be online later after the 2nd f1 practice

I guess to make it a bit simpler, the FR cars are a little slower down the straights yes?

I know mid-season changes were a no-no but I think this is serious enough to warrant a change?

In that case, how much would adding 5hp to all FR cars benefit?

I did a 40 6 once but was more in the 40 8s or 41 0s

Before the update i was 40 3 and always under the 41s

I havent touched the camber yet so I hope I can find more time

The 1st sector time is slower which means top speed has to be slower or just the overall acceleration but id lean more towards top speed

Ill be online later after the 2nd f1 practice
I barely use chamber on the alfa, and in all honesty I feel little difference in the cars since the update IMHO

I can't feel camber working either. The car feels a touch slower, lap times are certainly slower and changing the tune doesn't make any difference.

I can't feel camber working either. The car feels a touch slower, lap times are certainly slower and changing the tune doesn't make any difference.
I will give like 5 or so set ups a run in tonight see what's what. Got some high and some no camber setups and more.

I guess to make it a bit simpler, the FR cars are a little slower down the straights yes?

I know mid-season changes were a no-no but I think this is serious enough to warrant a change?

Hopefully that will be the easiest solution .

Let us see how the test goes on thursday .

Il post when I am online later

Sounds about right.
We'll spend the week getting the car rebuilt and decide after the Thursday test, if the FRs are noticeably slowed then try again at +5hp

Also guys remember that they said this update has affected rear heavy cars so If your previous tune had more weight / ballast to the rear this is possibly why you have felt a massive hit .

Before it was an advantage to have more weight to the rear for some cars maybe this has changed now .

Just throwing out my ideas as I think of them.

This is what i've found as well. Did a bit of testing yesterday at Laguna to compare times. I'm at least a second down on my times from before the update.

Before the update i was able to do low 33's comfortably, but since the update struggling to get into the low 34's; generally getting 34.5xx.

Back