<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Yep, having this week off will be beneficial. I just hope that all the cars are going to be okay, they should be.

I'll try and get online tonight.

Rumours are that FR cars now have a lower top speed which means even more straight-line disparity for this championship :crazy:

Conflicting reports on whether camber has been fixed, default settings have changed on some cars (increased camber and toe) and they are apparently worse than before. Some people are also saying that 0.00/0.00 camber is still the fastest :( Good because it means less re-tuning but bad because it's still not fixed, which means we may have another physics update to throw everything up in the air again at a later date

Sounds as though we need to check things over. Hopefully the speed of the cars hasn't been changed, that would be pretty dumb of PD if they have messed that up. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few days, it wouldn't surprise me if there was another update that reverted the physics back to how they were pre 1.09.

We've lost 2 seconds in the Hyundai, not sure what has changed exactly but the car is definitely a lot slower since the update.
I'm looking at new setup options but I can't see a way of clawing back 2 whole seconds. Both slower in a straight line and the physics of rear weight biased cars has changed

We've lost 2 seconds in the Hyundai, not sure what has changed exactly but the car is definitely a lot slower since the update.
I'm looking at new setup options but I can't see a way of clawing back 2 whole seconds. Both slower in a straight line and the physics of rear weight biased cars has changed

wow , thanks for the feedback

Jesus christ. 2 seconds is a lot. I'll have a look at the Hyundai when I get time.

I tried my Megane and it's also a bit slower than before, I'm not hitting my best times. I blamed it on the fact that I was tired.

Its really not good, the setup I was running pre-update just felt broken when I tried today. The last thing the Hyundai needed was more problems, its a tricky beast at the best of times

just joined street in a lounge

small difference in the nissan , id say ive lost about 3-5 kmh on the straight .

feels a little better in the corners to be honest but it feels slower through the gears with the overall acceleration.

didnt do many laps but im about 2-4 tenths slower than before so the loss can hopefully be recovered with tuning .

I guess some cars have been hit harder than others .

I used same setup as before no changes .

Using the exact same setup, I'm about half a second slower per lap. Can't seem to find where I can make the time with tuning though, which is worrying.

I think that PD have messed this up a bit.

*sigh*.... I have been reading snippets regarding this jb, but didn't realise the effect would be quite so dramatic (added to the rear weight bias change).

OK guys, I'll level with you.

I really don't have the time right now to do any kind of testing whatsoever, especially before Round 2 is due to take place. I'm not likely to have much time anytime soon either.

Seems the performance gaps are large enough that tuning alone wouldn't close them up. It would need another sustained effort to tweak specs that I simply don't have time to do.

Sooo..... as an idea I'm thinking of allowing the freedom to switch cars (only if your car has suddenly obtained a serious performance disadvantage)... what's everyone's attitude towards this?

I haven't ran at Indy before the update so I can't really comment but I recently did a 42.998 in the Merc on an Indy specific setup with camber at 1.0/2.0. It felt a bit more stable in the corners with the added camber but the added speed for the shorter ratios has hurt my acceleration in what will be a draft-heavy race.

*sigh*.... I have been reading snippets regarding this jb, but didn't realise the effect would be quite so dramatic (added to the rear weight bias change).

OK guys, I'll level with you.

I really don't have the time right now to do any kind of testing whatsoever, especially before Round 2 is due to take place. I'm not likely to have much time anytime soon either.

Seems the performance gaps are large enough that tuning alone wouldn't close them up. It would need another sustained effort to tweak specs that I simply don't have time to do.

Sooo..... as an idea I'm thinking of allowing the freedom to switch cars (only if your car has suddenly obtained a serious performance disadvantage)... what's everyone's attitude towards this?
Sounds like a good idea, I suspect the whole field will need to be rebalanced to address the update issues. Thats an awful lot of testing and balancing for anyone, specially mid season

Should we call next week non-championship or do something like delay the actual Round 2 another week? (This season is so fragmented, seriously)

Would allow testing time? Or just try to bulldoze through?

Back